Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 04-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #1241
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
216.2 this morning, 218.6 right now, all fed and hydrated.
I haven't seen 216 for 10 years.
I'd be even better, but I had a date for lunch and ate a crab cake and 5 glasses of lemon water. Ate all the green stuff, too. It was at Ruby Tuesday's, it was good, too.
The date went real well, too. A chick my age. Too smart and good looking though. She's got way too much sense to get mixed up with me.
Member this, Andy? It appears that crab cakes are the way to a woman's heart, cause I married this date. Turns out she weren't that smart after all.
I'm skinnier right now than I was then, which is great. Last time I proved it could come off, this time is for proving it can stay off.
I'm thinking at that point I had lost 35 pounds and before it was all over, I lost another 30. I'm gonna go check, I might not have gotten past 200.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #1242
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

That's awesome Scott. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #1243
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Since I've changed my diet a couple weeks ago, cutting back on the carbs, I'm finding I actually eating less now overall. I"m about 1800 cal/day, per the app I"m using on my phone to log my meals. Weird thing is I"m not that hungry. It's almost as if the overload of carbs kept fueling the hunger to eat more. Also what's helped is portioning everything out. For lunch today, I was out looking at property so I had to stop somewhere to get a bite. A 6" turkey/ham on flatbread from Subway was enough to fill me up. That would've never happened before.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #1244
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Member this, Andy? It appears that crab cakes are the way to a woman's heart, cause I married this date. Turns out she weren't that smart after all.
I'm skinnier right now than I was then, which is great. Last time I proved it could come off, this time is for proving it can stay off.
I'm thinking at that point I had lost 35 pounds and before it was all over, I lost another 30. I'm gonna go check, I might not have gotten past 200.
I remember that post, Scott. Life is good! Glad she didn't have too much sense to not get mixed up with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Since I've changed my diet a couple weeks ago, cutting back on the carbs, I'm finding I actually eating less now overall. I"m about 1800 cal/day, per the app I"m using on my phone to log my meals. Weird thing is I"m not that hungry. It's almost as if the overload of carbs kept fueling the hunger to eat more. Also what's helped is portioning everything out. For lunch today, I was out looking at property so I had to stop somewhere to get a bite. A 6" turkey/ham on flatbread from Subway was enough to fill me up. That would've never happened before.
I found that eating fruit in the morning (banana) and again for lunch fills me up for most of the day. Controlling hunger is the key, and it looks like you're on track.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #1245
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I found that eating fruit in the morning (banana) and again for lunch fills me up for most of the day. Controlling hunger is the key, and it looks like you're on track.
That's what I've been doing too, and yes, it helps fill me up.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #1246
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

what app?
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 AM   #1247
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
what app?
Carb master on the Itunes store. $2.99 I believe. The food database is quite large, plus they have a lot of restaurant info too. You can also log your water intake, activity level, and blood glucose levels.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 AM   #1248
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Not official, but down to 246 today. I bought NFL Training Camp for the Wii (part of the EA Sports Active brand). It's fun as crap but will kick your @$$ if you're not used to playing it.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #1249
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Andy
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #1250
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Make your body earn/burn what it eats:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health...,0,75878.story

Insert quote here.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #1251
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Make your body earn/burn what it eats:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health...,0,75878.story
that link says "whole-wheat". Whole-wheat doesn't mean anything anymore, it's whole-grain one should look for if one wants to eat good carbs
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #1252
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
that link says "whole-wheat". Whole-wheat doesn't mean anything anymore, it's whole-grain one should look for if one wants to eat good carbs
True. I'm not a big grain person anyway. I just try to get all my fruits and vegetables in and go easy on sodium. If I do that, then I'm all good.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #1253
backwoods357
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jorgen
Trading: (14)
backwoods357 will become famous soon enough

In the last year I've gone from 295 to 220, with a few simple changes. First and most importantly, I completely cut out soda. Instead I drink sparkling water (usually with a natural citrus flavor). I made this change to cut high fructose corn syrup and fructose out of my diet. See here I also had to cut ketchup for the same reason. I replaced it with Spicy brown mustard and love it. the second change was eating breakfast every day. I've read that if you don't eat for 12 hours your metabolism will drop by ~40%. It doesn't have to be something big, I often would just eat and orange or yogurt cup on my drive to work. The last thing we changed is we started cooking all our own meals. It's surprisingly easy, and it doesn't take much time. I don't cook lean or low calorie meals either, I just don't eat a bunch of processed crap. I don't exercise but I used the first two changes to win a weight loss competition at a previous job against around 100 other coworkers, and I worked out around twice a week then. And every other day I was going out to sit down places for lunch and eating pub food and drinking pints in the evening. I won a very nice treadmill in that competition btw. When I worked out I would do some free wieghts but mostly I would just run sprints for 20 or so min on the treadmill. I would start out at a walk then speed it up to a full run for as long as I could then turn it back to a walk untill I got my breath back, rinse and repeat. Congrats on your progress guys. Just my
backwoods357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #1254
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

lost 135lbs in total since september 09, want to lose another 70.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #1255
backwoods357
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jorgen
Trading: (14)
backwoods357 will become famous soon enough

Also congrats Scott!
backwoods357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #1256
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
lost 135lbs in total since september 09, want to lose another 70.
Ferdie
Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #1257
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Jorgen and Ferdie, way to go!

Insert quote here.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #1258
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Another workout with the NFL Training Camp for the Wii. I'm on day 2 of the 60 Day Challenge. This game makes exercise fun! Highly recommended for anyone who owns a Wii.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #1259
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Today's article. Food can be just addictive as drugs:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health...,7935522.story

Insert quote here.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #1260
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

211.8 this morning.