Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #1181
gravelman

Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Actually , my post about "luck" referred to the Hawks-Pens game.

I didn't think Bishop was terrible in the 2nd when he gave up 4, maybe one was a bit soft, but the Blues D just hung him out to dry.
Ahh thanks for the clarification, man Blues just can't seem to weave everything together for a good streak...another chance tonight!

Lots of games on tonight, hopefully my service provider will be providing me with most of them

Old 02-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #1182
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelman View Post
Ahh thanks for the clarification, man Blues just can't seem to weave everything together for a good streak...another chance tonight!

Lots of games on tonight, hopefully my service provider will be providing me with most of them
1 hour until Johnson and McClement return to St. Louis.... Duchene is back tonight for the Avs as well...

GO AVS!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #1183
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

"At the end of the day, I want to make Doug Armstrong regret trading me."
-Erik Johnson
Old 02-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #1184
gravelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
"At the end of the day, I want to make Doug Armstrong regret trading me."
-Erik Johnson
Well so far I've enjoyed watching Stewart and Shattenkirk!

Go Blues

Old 02-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #1185
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

First Name: Barry
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

Jackets looked good tonight against the Sexual Predators.
Put up 4 in the 3rd for a 4-0 win. Nash started it all with a beauty.
Good defensive effort all game and they dominated the 3rd on both ends.

Lets see if they can't get the standing in the West a little more bunched up.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #1186
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Maybe I over reacted on the call.
Still think it was the typical end of the game gimme call.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 02-22-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #1187
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Nice win tonight for the B's over the red hot Flames, fast physical game.
A bogus penalty with two minutes left ruined Thomas shutout.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #1188
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Wait the team down by two late in the third they got a gimme powerplay to give them a chance to get within one setting up for an exciting finish that would work the fans into a frenzy and give them team a chance to tie it?

I mean that never happens. Errrrrrrrrrr wait a minute it happens far to often and multiple times tonight. I hate when the Sharks get the give calls also. It really does happen far to often and usually its the home team that gets the call. I saw plenty of non calls both ways in the Sharls Wings game especially in the third. For them to toss the softball at the end like that was crap.

The Sharks absolutely dominated parts of the third. Howard made some amazing saves or that score could have been worse. Both teams had some lucky and bad bounces. Both goalies played well. Firsttime Sharks have ever won both games at the Joe in the season series. Nice to see the Joe not being that impenetrable fortress that it was for so many years for the Sharks. Was also nice to see the Sharks break up a lot of Detroits passing unlike the game in SJ where the mash crew rookie D line was just standing still watching Det put on a passing clinic.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:03 AM   #1189
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
I didn't catch the whole game, just the first period. But they came out put some pressure on Thomas made some great saves.
The Lucic goal in the first was sweet and what a great pass from Krejci.

This is Krejci's time to shine.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #1190
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Wait the team down by two late in the third they got a gimme powerplay to give them a chance to get within one setting up for an exciting finish that would work the fans into a frenzy and give them team a chance to tie it?

I mean that never happens. Errrrrrrrrrr wait a minute it happens far to often and multiple times tonight. I hate when the Sharks get the give calls also. It really does happen far to often and usually its the home team that gets the call. I saw plenty of non calls both ways in the Sharls Wings game especially in the third. For them to toss the softball at the end like that was crap.

The Sharks absolutely dominated parts of the third. Howard made some amazing saves or that score could have been worse. Both teams had some lucky and bad bounces. Both goalies played well. Firsttime Sharks have ever won both games at the Joe in the season series. Nice to see the Joe not being that impenetrable fortress that it was for so many years for the Sharks. Was also nice to see the Sharks break up a lot of Detroits passing unlike the game in SJ where the mash crew rookie D line was just standing still watching Det put on a passing clinic.
Bummed I missed it, even if my team lost.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #1191
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post

This summary makes me glad I missed the game last night I was in class until 10pm. Seems like all the lines except Hudler/Datsuyk/Cleary line aren't scoring. Bertuzzi is playing well but again the line as a whole isn't. Thornton just seems to step up against us. Stats wise he has played well against the Wings this year.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #1192
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Funny interview with Lucic talking about Peverley, Lucic says Peverly has worked him over with some stick work in the past, Lucic says that's not a bad thing now.
With the addition of Peverly we got some speed to break into the offensive zone.
Now if Seguin would not be so fast to pass the puck and use his speed he could really make things happen.
He is still a boy playing with men it's time for him to step up.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #1193
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
This summary makes me glad I missed the game last night I was in class until 10pm. Seems like all the lines except Hudler/Datsuyk/Cleary line aren't scoring. Bertuzzi is playing well but again the line as a whole isn't. Thornton just seems to step up against us. Stats wise he has played well against the Wings this year.
Clown shoes looked really good at times and it pisses me off to say that. I thought the game was very exciting. Players were talking about how it had a playoff feel. The third had a lot of end to end rushes and sliding goalie saves both ways. The Sharks did have the better luck and seem to have more sustained pressure, but one or two bounces the other way and D wins the game.

Now I want to see the Sharks take out the Pens. The way the Yotes are playing they have to. Man they are taking out everyone and its a different player stepping up every night.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #1194
gravelman

Ha this Pens Sharks game is pretty funny...lights went out and now they're waiting to get them back on. Ridiculous

Old 02-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #1195
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Its been on the tv the whole time, but between cooking some burgers on the grill, and feeding the kids all I have watched is maybe 7 minutes. Didnt see either goal.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #1196
gravelman

Its funny you say that, I joined in at the beginning of the second period but managed to miss the Sharks goal due to letting the dog in ha

Old 02-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #1197
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

The Avs O'Byrne just took a skate to the face, bleading like a stuck pig and finished his shift....
Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #1198
gravelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
The Avs O'Byrne just took a skate to the face, bleading like a stuck pig and finished his shift....
That is dedication and the mentality of a hockey player at its finest!!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #1199
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

I really dont want to jinx it, so I'm not going to say it, but Wow!! Hottest team in the league since the break and that #17 is starting to earn all that $$$!! Been using the back-up goalie for the last 7 (wins in a row) games!!

Playoffs???
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #1200
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro View Post
I really dont want to jinx it, so I'm not going to say it, but Wow!! Hottest team in the league since the break and that #17 is starting to earn all that $$$!! Been using the back-up goalie for the last 7 (wins in a row) games!!

Playoffs???
He may not be the back-up anymore, at least for this season.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Closed Thread