Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #101
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"

unfortunately for you all, the Pats are going to run into the buzz saw that is the Denver Bronco Defense....
Broncos 14, pats 10
Old 10-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #102
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I am just excited that Johnny U. was referenced in a thread here other than one of mine.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 AM   #103
Resipsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am just excited that Johnny U. was referenced in a thread here other than one of mine.
Hey......
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #104
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Hey......
Hey yerself.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:23 AM   #105
2000ARMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey202 View Post
Brady just got call out by his old teammate, " Take off the skirt, and put on some slacks, BE A MAN!!!" Classic!!!! HAHA!!!!
This was a joke ..... Rodney texted Brady at halftime and told him he was going to say it .... Brady laughed.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:23 AM   #106
2000ARMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by colimo View Post
unfortunately for you all, the Pats are going to run into the buzz saw that is the Denver Bronco Defense....
Broncos 14, pats 10
I am not sure if you are serious.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #107
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitnchew View Post
Junior, done an interview at the Bruins game, and said if Bill called he was coming.
He may be forty but knows how to play the game, and will be a great guy in the locker room.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:51 AM   #108
timo
Feeling at Home

timo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Broncos 14, pats 10
HaHa the buzz saw that hasn't played anyone

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics
timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 AM   #109
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
And the old, slow and fat just keep getting older, slower and fatter,
No need to insult me this early in the season.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #110
dogface_313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Junior, done an interview at the Bruins game, and said if Bill called he was coming.
He may be forty but knows how to play the game, and will be a great guy in the locker room.
Agreed, they need a personality like his to be a leader on defense.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #111
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
VTDragon is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"

I had the pleasure of being at yesterday's game and there were a bunch of mouthy Ravens fans sitting behind us. They were rude and obnoxious for a good part of the game but became VERY quiet during the fourth quarter. Even they did not seem to believe that the Ravens could score on their last drive.

Some observations:

Brady is improving every week. His timing and anticipation of where his receivers will be continue to improve. He will need to be at his best against McDaniels and company in Denver.

The young defense is also improving weekly. It was good to see Wilfork back in there and interesting that Baltimore's vaunted running game was essientially a no show against him and the Patriots defense. Hopefully we will get Mayo back for the Denver game.

Wes Welker makes a huge difference when he is in the game. With both him and Moss on the field at the same time defenses have a very hard time with the matchups. Someone is left in one on one coverage and Brady inevitably finds them. I am intrigued by the idea of Welker, Moss and Edelman all on the field at the same time.

Even I think the NFL has gone a bit too far with their protecting the quarterback rules. Whenever we get a QB hurry or sack, I find myself looking for the flag.

Lawrence Maroney should be relegated to the bench. He no longer has the will to stick his nose into a pile and run North and South. The only situation he is good at is catching a screen pass in the flat with no defender immediately in front of him.

The offensive line is playing well overall. T Brady mostly had lots of time to find receivers yesterday.

Overall a good win against a good team. Big game coming up against the undefeated Broncos next week. I think that the team that goes in with the most emotion will have the edge in this one. The whole Belicheck vs. MccDaniels thing will be what the network geniuses will be playing up. I'm thinking that the mentor might still have some lessons for his old student.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #112
dogface_313

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTDragon View Post
I had the pleasure of being at yesterday's game and there were a bunch of mouthy Ravens fans sitting behind us. They were rude and obnoxious for a good part of the game but became VERY quiet during the fourth quarter. Even they did not seem to believe that the Ravens could score on their last drive.

Some observations:

Brady is improving every week. His timing and anticipation of where his receivers will be continue to improve. He will need to be at his best against McDaniels and company in Denver.

The young defense is also improving weekly. It was good to see Wilfork back in there and interesting that Baltimore's vaunted running game was essientially a no show against him and the Patriots defense. Hopefully we will get Mayo back for the Denver game.

Wes Welker makes a huge difference when he is in the game. With both him and Moss on the field at the same time defenses have a very hard time with the matchups. Someone is left in one on one coverage and Brady inevitably finds them. I am intrigued by the idea of Welker, Moss and Edelman all on the field at the same time.

Even I think the NFL has gone a bit too far with their protecting the quarterback rules. Whenever we get a QB hurry or sack, I find myself looking for the flag.

Lawrence Maroney should be relegated to the bench. He no longer has the will to stick his nose into a pile and run North and South. The only situation he is good at is catching a screen pass in the flat with no defender immediately in front of him.

The offensive line is playing well overall. T Brady mostly had lots of time to find receivers yesterday.

Overall a good win against a good team. Big game coming up against the undefeated Broncos next week. I think that the team that goes in with the most emotion will have the edge in this one. The whole Belicheck vs. MccDaniels thing will be what the network geniuses will be playing up. I'm thinking that the mentor might still have some lessons for his old student.

I agree with everything you wrote. Offense looked much better this game. That last drive culminating with the TD pass to Moss looked great. They were certainly clicking.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #113
Giant & 49er Fan
Formerly known as RPguy

First Name: Jaime
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
Giant & 49er Fan has a spectacular aura aboutGiant & 49er Fan has a spectacular aura aboutGiant & 49er Fan has a spectacular aura about

Great game for the Pats! Fun to watch.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #114
dogface_313

The Pats really need to play well now. I have just placed a 10 pk of cigars on the jets not winning the AFC East, the only ones who will stop them are the Patriots.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #115
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogface_313 View Post
The Pats really need to play well now. I have just placed a 10 pk of cigars on the jets not winning the AFC East, the only ones who will stop them are the Patriots.
Bwhahahahaha having doubts now, I see.

Start picking out the cigars you want to send me now. The Pats have no chance unless some divine intervention destroys the Jets during the season.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #116
Resipsa

Watching this thread hilarious seeing guys argue about whose team sucks the least, LOL
Old 10-07-2009, 03:53 AM   #117
2000ARMY

Pats have a tough game this week but I think Brady and Belichick want to beat McDaniels badly.

Pats Defense has been great so far .... I hope they can maintain the intensity
Old 10-07-2009, 03:54 AM   #118
2000ARMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
Bwhahahahaha having doubts now, I see.

Start picking out the cigars you want to send me now. The Pats have no chance unless some divine intervention destroys the Jets during the season.
The Jets are great at self destructing on their own ... no help needed
Old 10-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #119
dogface_313

Big game today!!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #120
dogface_313

Quote:
Broncos 14, pats 10
Pretty close.

NFL Overtime rules are horrible. I have been saying this for a while. They should take a note from college football.