Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #1081
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Buffalo playing like they want to miss the playoffs.....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #1082
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

think the way it sits in the pacific right now is the way it will end.
Dallas has to win out against Nashville and St. Louis. Not likely
San Jose would need to take both games I think to leap them as I think the kings have a better record against sharks.
phoenix has St. Louis and minn unlikely they will beat the blues.

Either way the Sharks get the blues or canucks and are likely one and done.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #1083
cobra03
Adult Babysitter

First Name: Scott
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cobra03 will become famous soon enoughcobra03 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Buffalo playing like they want to miss the playoffs.....
I gave up on that game when i almost threw my phone at the wall as Toronto went up 5-3. I turned the tv back on expecting to see the post game show and some how im watching them win in ot. This season has been hell on my nerves but i'll take it.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #1084
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra03 View Post
I gave up on that game when i almost threw my phone at the wall as Toronto went up 5-3. I turned the tv back on expecting to see the post game show and some how im watching them win in ot. This season has been hell on my nerves but i'll take it.
It was a great and exciting comeback, still hoping they can overtake the Caps.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #1085
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
That would be a good get for the Wild!
I know they've been talking about it since before this season. Plus, the fact that he's built a huge new house here. I know they're likely to throw a boatload of $ at him. Imagine a line of him and Heatley, centered by Koivu, and a second line featuring Setoguchi and Granlund and maybe someone like Clutterbuck or Cullen. It would be HUGE for this franchise to bring in a player of his caliber. Of course, all this doesn't mean jack shyte if none of them can stay healthy. Not only that, the other young talent they are expecting to have come in. This franchinse has a bright future ahead, and adding Parise would make it damn close to blinding, IMO.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #1086
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
I know they've been talking about it since before this season. Plus, the fact that he's built a huge new house here. I know they're likely to throw a boatload of $ at him. Imagine a line of him and Heatley, centered by Koivu, and a second line featuring Setoguchi and Granlund and maybe someone like Clutterbuck or Cullen. It would be HUGE for this franchise to bring in a player of his caliber. Of course, all this doesn't mean jack shyte if none of them can stay healthy. Not only that, the other young talent they are expecting to have come in. This franchinse has a bright future ahead, and adding Parise would make it damn close to blinding, IMO.
That Zucker kid from Denver put a move on the defense last night that had a couple of jocks laying on the ice. Unfortunately he lost the puck before he had a chance to do anything after getting past them. I agree with the young talent this team could do something sooner rather than later, but health has been such an issue all season long.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #1087
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Hey, did any of the Minnesota papers pick up or report on what was said to Heatly by Bollig in Chicago last Sunday?

Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #1088
cobra03
Adult Babysitter

First Name: Scott
Partagas
cobra03 will become famous soon enoughcobra03 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It was a great and exciting comeback, still hoping they can overtake the Caps.
You and me both. They had there chance last weekend and blew it, lets hope its not to late.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #1089
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hey, did any of the Minnesota papers pick up or report on what was said to Heatly by Bollig in Chicago last Sunday?
Nothing that I read. I'll take a little closer look at Monday's paper, but I hadn't heard anything.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #1090
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
Nothing that I read. I'll take a little closer look at Monday's paper, but I hadn't heard anything.
Never seen a non-fighter type so angry before a face-off in all my years of watching.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #1091
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Never seen a non-fighter type so angry before a face-off in all my years of watching.
There's some speculation that Bollig was chirping about Heatley's old vehicular manslaughter charge...
Old 04-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #1092
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
There's some speculation that Bollig was chirping about Heatley's old vehicular manslaughter charge...
If that's the case, it's a bit bush league, to me. But, he did do it, so it's fair game, I suppose.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #1093
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
If that's the case, it's a bit bush league, to me. But, he did do it, so it's fair game, I suppose.
It's bush league but it also depends largely on what was said, Snyder was one of Heatley's best friends afterall. On ice trash talk is one thing but there are limits to what acceptable and to me personally something like that would be crossing the line almost as much as trash talking an opponents kids.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #1094
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

Diplomatico

Quote:
It's bush league but it also depends largely on what was said, Snyder was one of Heatley's best friends afterall. On ice trash talk is one thing but there are limits to what acceptable and to me personally something like that would be crossing the line almost as much as trash talking an opponents kids.
I agree with this 100%. It's one thing to trash talk, but to do it about that... I sure hope that wasn't the case.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #1095
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
That thought crossed my mind, as I couldn't think what else could make him so angry. As I stated earlier in the thread, hope that's not the case...I really like this Bollig kid, but that would be a huge mark against him in my book, even if I think Heatly is a douche.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #1096
Wanger

Quote:
That thought crossed my mind, as I couldn't think what else could make him so angry. As I stated earlier in the thread, hope that's not the case...I really like this Bollig kid, but that would be a huge mark against him in my book, even if I think Heatly is a douche.
Rematch tonight. We'll see what fireworks occur.

I do agree about trash talk. There's good trash talk, and some things that I would personally stay away from, as I'd call them bush league. Maybe the Wild need to send Kassian out there and line him up across from Bollig. A midwest version Rangers-Devils? LOL

Old 04-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #1097
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Papers here are expecting a repeat of the fireworks.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #1098
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Shouldn't be much in the way of fireworks but a win tonight for the Canucks clinches the Western Conference and forces the decider on the President's Trophy to the last game of the season. A Calgary win gives the Rangers the Pesidents Trophy and St. Louis a chance at 1st in the West.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #1099
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Reminds me of the spark that caused this fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6WsGb71NgY

According to Theo, Chelios said "you'll be here for a couple more months then you will be back in rehab." while pretending to snort cocaine. Aparrently after that Theo lost it and slashed Chelios. Chelios elbowed him and then the fists were flying. I haven't heard Chelios's version. Supposedly they were friends before this incident but not afterwards.

That aside, Wings/Blues played a good game last night. It was a break-neck pace all the way through. Blues looked to break the will of the Wings with a shorty during a 5 min major. To make it worse they scored again 3 min later, around 9 minutes left in the 3rd, to go up 2-0. The Wings regrouped and came back strong. Two Datsyuk assists to Frazen goals alter it was tied with 3 min left. OT was almost all Wings. Shootout went Blues X X X and Wings X X 1 thanks to Bert's top-shelf backhander.

Very fun to watch. I'm thankful Howard seems back to mid season form.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #1100
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Enjoyed the game as well, Mike....well, at least the first 57 minutes.

Closed Thread