Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #81
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sam Leccia Cigar Company

Who are the "cigar nation"?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #82
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
DANG 15 minute time frame on edits....I see that someone already made my point.

MAN, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I did what sboyajian just did, lol.

And I already made my peace with Mr. Leccia. I ate all the crow I served up. I still think the line is
funny though, hehe.....rock star. But maybe he IS a rock star. He's more exciting than Avo Uvezian.

I move that the 15 minute time frame on edits be extended to 20, is there a second?
I second that motion Brad, especially on your behalf!

That extra 5 seconds could mean the different between the foot being in your mouth or in your a$$!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #83
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Boy howdy, you're right, but if the time limit were extended, you wouldn't be able toread HALF the embarassing
stuff from me that you get to now.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #84
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Boy howdy, you're right, but if the time limit were extended, you wouldn't be able toread HALF the embarassing
stuff from me that you get to now.
True that!

And this place wouldn't be as fun!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #85
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Good luck Sam
Old 05-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #86
lilwing88

All BS aside, let's talk about the smokes.......

Sam, is there any more you can tell us about the smokes? Tobacco types? Flavor notes? Strength? Where are they made? Details! Details!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #87
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

just heard an interview sam did about this cigar and it sounds great, but the size just doesn't turn me on
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #88
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
I am sure I can't edit my post, so just to be clear again, I have no argument against
Mr. Leccia. I like the way he goes out and rolls his own cigars and you can tell that
with him, he seems to take the love of the business manifested in say, Jon Drew,
but to a much more personal level. I am sure that Drew can roll a cigar, but to take
your act on the road and roll up your cigart, and do it for 3 straight years with very
little break, I DO admire his intensity and apparent love of the business. Maybe a cat
like that DOES need to break loose. I am sure he learned a $hi+load from the Olivas.

I KNOW J. Drew has been on long tours, but to ME, these were cocktail parties for him.
I was surprised to see that Leccia mostly sat down and rolled while he did HIS talking.
These two major upstarts DO seem to represent a new era of cigars and cigar marketing.
I am getting into this thread late in the game and it says a lot about Sam to jump in and get involved. As mentioned before that can be a dangerous move for a Blender/Manufacturer or Vendor. Written word can be taken the wrong way easy and a thread can go downhill fast.
OLS with your statement above I think you have to compare apples to apples. Jonathan Drew has been in the industry a long time, much longer than Sam and has created a whole different segment of the industry with the Acid line. Not a fan of Acid myself but they do sell very well and the Liga line is phenomenal and they are doing interesting things with the blends in that line too. But with your statement if you read some of the stories of Jonathan Drews career he definitely put in his time and hard work. He is well established now and gets to enjoy the fruits of his labor rather than be out on a whirlwind tour every second of his life unlike Sam who is still in the infancy of his Cigar career. Sorry I just had to chime in with that statement as I think Jonathon is as genuine in the industry as it gets and has already put in his blood,sweat and tears and is now getting to enjoy his hard work a little more so the comparison wasn't fair in my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions right?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #89
Sherlockholms

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Anybody else think he looks like Kid Rock?

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy
HAHA, I was thinking that when I first looked at his website. I have never heard of this guy up until now.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #90
Pua Ting

First Name: Clay
808 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Leccia View Post
Yo,

(Sam says a lot of down to earth stuff on page 3)

Smoke On.

Sam

Rock on Sam. Good on ya.

It's all about the love of the leaf and sharing that love.
808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:06 AM   #91
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Who are the "cigar nation"?
That's me and Brad.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #92
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I understand your point, John, and I agree. I think if I re-read my statement I will see though that what I meant
to say is that one looks like he is doing it one way and one is doing it the other way. Not a comparison of their
careers, but of their events. I was not on the train then and am not now, so the products and how they
marketed them live MAY have been the same, but I was saying one seems to be rollin em up and the other is
simply appearing as a cigar-lebrity. Both are obviously giving away stuff. However your point makes me think,
JDrew could not have stood on that celebrity early on, so putting in the work is certainly a given in the early
Drew career. I just don't know if he ever sat down and started rolling cigars for the crowd. I just don't KNOW.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #93
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
I understand your point, John, and I agree. I think if I re-read my statement I will see though that what I meant
to say is that one looks like he is doing it one way and one is doing it the other way. Not a comparison of their
careers, but of their events. I was not on the train then and am not now, so the products and how they
marketed them live MAY have been the same, but I was saying one seems to be rollin em up and the other is
simply appearing as a cigar-lebrity. Both are obviously giving away stuff. However your point makes me think,
JDrew could not have stood on that celebrity early on, so putting in the work is certainly a given in the early
Drew career. I just don't know if he ever sat down and started rolling cigars for the crowd. I just don't KNOW.
I see what your saying on the rolling aspect. Now, the question is, in todays day and age of Cigar Celebrities who would we consider the Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton of the industry?????
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #94
Pua Ting

First Name: Clay
808 has disabled reputation

It's one thing to know how to roll leaves and another to know how to blend them. Both an art
808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:38 AM   #95
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwing88 View Post

Sam, is there any more you can tell us about the smokes? Tobacco types? Flavor notes? Strength? Where are they made? Details! Details!
You don't think you will get answers do you? Once upon a time, these Mods set up a forum just for Sam. After much complaining about the waiting period to post, he posted a few times then he never returned to answer anything. People were asking many questions to nothing but silence.

Experience tells me that will be the case here.

If not, I will be very, very surprised.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #96
OLS
Suck It

I am glad you fleshed out that story a bit, being perpetually head up the butt, I miss a lot of these little stories.
I never knew what you were talking about the other day.

By the way, I made you a Danzig avatar in my avatar thread.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #97
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
By the way, I made you a Danzig avatar in my avatar thread.
I have them saved for future use.

Fangs mang!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #98
lilwing88

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
You don't think you will get answers do you? Once upon a time, these Mods set up a forum just for Sam. After much complaining about the waiting period to post, he posted a few times then he never returned to answer anything. People were asking many questions to nothing but silence.

Experience tells me that will be the case here.

If not, I will be very, very surprised.
I'm not too optimistic about him answering my questions..... Just thought I'd give it a shot. No biggie.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #99
Sam Leccia
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Sam
Navy (Served With Honor)
Sam Leccia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwing88 View Post

The wrapper is a dark oily Habano wrapper grown in Ecuador. The blend consists of Nicaragua, Honduras, and Santo Domingo tobaccos.

The cigar is made in Honduras.

I would call the blend a medium to full with a nice draw, very flavorful with an incredible aroma and burns a chalk white ash.

I definitely would say it has a coffee hint to it with some hints of nut...like almond. There is a rawness to it that I enjoy the most. They age very well making the wrapper even more oily.

I love it. I hope you will to!

I apologize for not answering sooner...As you can imagine I have been swamped with getting this company off the ground.

(thanks Nofeardiver, for the private message on responding to this question)
Sam Leccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #100
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Thank you for the information Sam. Much appreciated
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote