Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Worry not Icee... you get the Hurricanes on Saturday. Should be a great opportunity to build stats and give your back-up goalie some work.

BarneyBandMan and I are planning to be there Saturday to root for our 'Canes... and just watch the level of play we expect from Chicago. They are playing some really nice hockey right now.

Chicago's puck possession is just amazing, Joe. At times they seem like the big kids playing "keep away" with the little ones. Hopefully you will see some good hockey from them.

I do worry about the 'Canes game though....play last night Thursday is what should be a high-tempo game against the Sharks, then fly across the country for the last stop on their 8 game road trip. If they beat the Sharks, I fear a let down in Carolina.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #942
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

MTL v Tampa fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5EURtCfzMU

Fistric puts a great hit on Nystrom who decides to fight about him. Problem was Fistric then hit Nystrom with his own helmet Good thing he didnt take off his skateand start beating him with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODOd-rogqvY
Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #943
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
MTL v Tampa fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5EURtCfzMU

Fistric puts a great hit on Nystrom who decides to fight about him. Problem was Fistric then hit Nystrom with his own helmet Good thing he didnt take off his skateand start beating him with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODOd-rogqvY
Good ones....Smaby is a punk.

What is going on with the Red Wings. Blew 4 games with 3rd period leads in a row, then get blown out by the Wild.

Vancouver starts a 14....yes, 14...game road trip now. They have the most home wins in the NHL, but the NHL's longest road trip in its history will be a real test for them. Hope they crash and burn.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #944
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
What is going on with the Red Wings. Blew 4 games with 3rd period leads in a row, then get blown out by the Wild.
Salary Cap!
The way they were structured they didnt get hit really till this year. I laugh now because I think it was Boomer last year on NHL Home Ice kept saying they were going to suffer this year.

What the fock. Watching the Caps ducks replay right now did anyone see Green go MMA on Ryan? They were kind of in a tussel as they went to the Ice Ryan ends up on top and green goes into a guard position wrapping legs around Ryans waist and holding onto an arm like he was going to go for a triangle choke. I just spit a little milk out watching it.

This one deserves a post. Thorburn keeps Brown from going to the ice 2x during the fight. "I aint done with you yet."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsi-hRiW8WA

Fighting after a good clean hit needs to stop. Love the Homer comments during the fight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPDuVaopFNc
Old 01-28-2010, 05:01 AM   #945
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think the salary cap has anything to do with it.. When you can't field a fully healthy team and we can't get 1 of our goalies to play consistently it's kinda hard to win. You can throw all the money you want at players but if they aren't healthy it doesn't make a difference. We still have Holmstrom and Franzen out. With players in and out of the lineup there isn't much chemistry there.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #946
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I don't think the salary cap has anything to do with it.. When you can't field a fully healthy team and we can't get 1 of our goalies to play consistently it's kinda hard to win. You can throw all the money you want at players but if they aren't healthy it doesn't make a difference. We still have Holmstrom and Franzen out. With players in and out of the lineup there isn't much chemistry there.
I know injuries killed the Wings earlier in the season, but I think it is more a matter of inconsistent goaltending, and lack of production beyond Henrik, Pavel and Tomas at this point. I hope they pick it up after the break, wouldn't be the same without them in the playoffs.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:02 AM   #947
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Don't worry Tom, the Wings have one of the best coaches inthe league. He'll get through to the team and we'll be in the playoffs. I guarentee it!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #948
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

What kind of hockey stick do you guys recommend? I don't want to break the bank here. Just want a good budget stick..
Old 01-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #949
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
What kind of hockey stick do you guys recommend? I don't want to break the bank here. Just want a good budget stick..
Sherwood PMP 9950 if you want to stay away from the high priced composite sticks. I just went to compostite myself a few months ago, but used the PMPs until then.

Be bold, Son....predict how far the Wings will go in the playoffs.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #950
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

I'm holding off on a prediction on how far until they get in the playoffs. I'd like to see how they play after the Olympics first.

Thanks for the recommendation on the stick, Tom. I'll have to check them out. Is there such thing as a cheaper composite stick? Or are they worth the investment?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #951
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
I agree injuries hurt the wings. The reason it took such a toll this year is that you are not neaRly as deep a team this year as in past years. The wings can't absorb the injuries and keep rolling anymore like in past Years. Sorry but there is no way the wings are as deep as past years. Combine that with injuries and no one to fill the void equals average season.

As to stick u may want to look at 2 piece. Being u are getting back in a 2 piece will allow u to try different curves as u explore how like to shoot. Look at eastons or the warrior AK47.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #952
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
I'm holding off on a prediction on how far until they get in the playoffs. I'd like to see how they play after the Olympics first.

Thanks for the recommendation on the stick, Tom. I'll have to check them out. Is there such thing as a cheaper composite stick? Or are they worth the investment?
I found both my composites on sale for less than $100 each. They have lasted several months and and rockin'. The PMPs might last me 25 games before the blade would be too worn to use. so for me the composites have been worth it...both in performance and durability.

Mike's suggestion is a good one too....took me a few years of trying different patterns (heel curve, toe curve, etc) before settling on the "Coffey" pattern.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #953
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Chicago's puck possession is just amazing, Joe. At times they seem like the big kids playing "keep away" with the little ones. Hopefully you will see some good hockey from them.

I do worry about the 'Canes game though....play last night Thursday is what should be a high-tempo game against the Sharks, then fly across the country for the last stop on their 8 game road trip. If they beat the Sharks, I fear a let down in Carolina.
Saw a good game tonight from my Hurricanes... they have won four of the last five.

Quote:
Thu Jan 21, 2010 Hurricanes / Thrashers CAR (5) - ATL (2)

Sat Jan 23, 2010 Hurricanes / Flyers CAR (2) - PHI (4)

Sun Jan 24, 2010 Bruins / Hurricanes BOS (1) - CAR (5)

Wed Jan 27, 2010 Hurricanes / Rangers CAR (5) - NYR (1)

Thu Jan 28, 2010 Islanders / Hurricanes NYI (1) - CAR (4)
Sure would be nice to catch the Hawks a little flat. Cam Ward is playing some of the best hockey I have seen him play right now. PLEASE overlook us, Chicago!

Old 01-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #954
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Saw a good game tonight from my Hurricanes... they have won four of the last five.

Sure would be nice to catch the Hawks a little flat. Cam Ward is playing some of the best hockey I have seen him play right now. PLEASE overlook us, Chicago!

Wouldn't you rather see the Hawks and 'Canes each play their very best, Joe?

Congrats on their improved play, must be a lot more fun to watch.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #955
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Wouldn't you rather see the Hawks and 'Canes each play their very best, Joe?

Congrats on their improved play, must be a lot more fun to watch.
Thanks... it is more fun to watch. And I do enjoy good play and am looking forward to seeing the Blackhawks in person... but I could live with a LITTLE less than the Hawks best effort for ONE night.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #956
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

So could I jeeez. 3-1 after 1. This is not looking well for the boys in black tonight.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #957
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
So could I jeeez. 3-1 after 1. This is not looking well for the boys in black tonight.
Hawks are all over them!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #958
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

Sharks made it a game... great hockey! Hawks win in OT. Wow...
Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #959
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #960
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I could not have been happier with the Sharks tonight even though the lost in OT. This game to me was much more important than when the Sharks beat the Hawks at the United Center. They retained sole control of first by virtue of the hated OT point, but more importantly the following occurred.

As opposed to the last meeting at the Tank when the Hawks took the lead and never looked back the Sharks scored 3 unanswered goals after spotting the Hawks 3 goals early in the 1st period forcing the game to overtime. At the end of the third and into OT the Sharks killed of a Penalty part of which on the 4 on 3 one Shark had no stick. The Sharks were able to do this without their number one D man Boyle who is injured and losing there number 2 D man Vlassic in the first period. The Sharks played majority of the game with only 5 Dman which were not there shutdown D men and clawed back into the game.

In the end the Hawks showed why they are a powerhouse team though. The Hawks are very deep and very fast. In the end with a short bench they were to much for the Sharks to handle. I was very impressed with the play of the Hawks and both teams got amazing and sub standard goal tending during the game. Huey made some great saves on key plays as did Nabby, but both also had a few WTF? moments.

Hats off to the Hawks tonight. Both teams played hard and it was refreshing to see a game that didnt resort to fights after every good hit No cheap crap,just good hard hockey.

smoking a t110 as a sympthy stick

Last edited by Ahbroody; 01-28-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Closed Thread