Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-07-2009, 04:15 AM   #901
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *2009 MLB Thread*

Even smarter move...my Mets finally declined an option on someone...$9.1 mil on JJ Putz.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #902
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Honestly best thing for Mets fans is the Yankees winning the series. The Wilpons will want to get those fence sitting NY baseball fans back in their court, so a decent spending spree could plug a few of the holes.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:15 AM   #903
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachties23 View Post
Honestly best thing for Mets fans is the Yankees winning the series. The Wilpons will want to get those fence sitting NY baseball fans back in their court, so a decent spending spree could plug a few of the holes.
Let's hope so!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #904
ChicagoWhiteSox

Sox pick up Mark Teahen. Still don't know if Im happy or upset about getting him. His numbers were not great in the 2009 season. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseb...-sox07.article
Old 11-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #905
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachties23 View Post
Honestly, I don't see them going anywhere as long as they keep Minaya as the GM. He sucks. And I wonder how much the Mets would be able to spend anyways as the Wilpons lost a significant amount of money in the Madoff scheme.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #906
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

The main thing the Mets need to plug some holes is to get a few guys off IR.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #907
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
The main thing the Mets need to plug some holes is to get a few guys off IR.
Like damn near the whole starting line-up???
Old 11-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #908
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Like damn near the whole starting line-up???
Yep'per. Your guys were snake-bit for sure this year -- like mine were last year.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #909
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Honestly, I don't see them going anywhere as long as they keep Minaya as the GM. He sucks. And I wonder how much the Mets would be able to spend anyways as the Wilpons lost a significant amount of money in the Madoff scheme.
Actually I think it was recently reported that they made money during that time and all the reports of them losing millions were false.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #910
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

The Twins picked up Michael Cuddyer's $10.5M option for 2011.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #911
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Actually I think it was recently reported that they made money during that time and all the reports of them losing millions were false.
Jeff Wilpon came right out and said they lost a a whole lot of money but said they wouldn't let that effect team operations. So I don't think it it was false. How they react this off season should show how true that statement is as i'm sure they want to make some of that money back.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #912
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Jeff Wilpon came right out and said they lost a a whole lot of money but said they wouldn't let that effect team operations. So I don't think it it was false. How they react this off season should show how true that statement is as i'm sure they want to make some of that money back.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/22/sp...ll/22mets.html

They made money in the scam but will most likely have those gains taken away in court.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #913
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

As long as they don't use any money to pick up some AGING free agents!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #914
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
As long as they don't use any money to pick up some AGING free agents!!!
I hear Mickey Lolich is looking to make a comeback.
(Boy does that give away my age that I remember that ridiculous signing by the Mets)

If not Lolich, I hear "say hey" is interested in a pinch hitter role.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #915
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
I hear Mickey Lolich is looking to make a comeback.
(Boy does that give away my age that I remember that ridiculous signing by the Mets)

If not Lolich, I hear "say hey" is interested in a pinch hitter role.
Shhhhhh...Minaya , might hear you. While we're at it, why not give Manuel a 5 year extension (since he's done a bang up job...NOT).
Old 11-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #916
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Some Red Sox moves:
Declined option's on Alex Gonzalez & Jason Varitek (he will probably use his $3M player option though).
Picked up option on Victor Martinez and signed Tim Wakefield for 2 more years.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #917
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Some Red Sox moves:
Declined option's on Alex Gonzalez & Jason Varitek (he will probably use his $3M player option though).
Picked up option on Victor Martinez and signed Tim Wakefield for 2 more years.
I still can't believe Boston took A-Gon off our hands (Reds). What did they see in him?

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #918
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I still can't believe Boston took A-Gon off our hands (Reds). What did they see in him?
He was still an improvement over Green for them.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #919
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He was still an improvement over Green for them.
A-Gon brings with him a horrible offense and a spotty defense. He can make some stellar plays, but he's very error prone too.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #920
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
A-Gon brings with him a horrible offense and a spotty defense. He can make some stellar plays, but he's very error prone too.
Not sure who the Red Sox are going to be looking at for SS in 2010. That is one of their big holes.