Amir Sadollah vs. Brad Blackburn
Chris Leben vs. Jay Silva
Rick Story vs. Jessee Lennox
Thiago Tavares vs. Nik Lentz
Mike Guymon vs. Rory Macdonald
Kyle Bradley vs. Rafael Dos Anjos
Gerald Harris vs. John Salter
Nick Catone vs. Jessee Forbes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nate Quarry vs. Jorge Rivera on March 31

March is going to be a very busy time for UFC matchmaker Joe Silva as it appears the UFC will put on a total of 3 shows during the month, the latest of which is slated for March 31 as a lead in to the newest season of the "Ultimate Fighter". One of the first fights set for the card has been confirmed as Nate "Rock" Quarry will take on Jorge Rivera in a middleweight contest on the show.

The bout was originally reported by MMAJunkie.com and confirmed independently by MMAWeekly.com with sources close to the fight indicating the match-up is in the works.

Quarry last competed in September at UFC Fight Night 19 in a back and forth battle against Tim Credeur, before pulling out the unanimous decision win. The former Team Quest fighter is currently 7-2 in the UFC, and known for always bringing excitement in his fights.

Hailing from Massachusetts, Jorge Rivera, is another longtime veteran of the UFC, on a two-fight win streak with victories over Nissen Osterneck and Rob Kimmons.

Both fighters are known for their willingness to stick in any fight and compete to the bitter end, so Quarry vs. Rivera has fireworks written all over it.

No other bouts have been confirmed for the March 31 card, but it's believed the show will take place in North Carolina.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lashley to Fight on CBS in April

Former WWE star and current Strikeforce fighter Bobby Lashley (4-0 MMA, 0-0 Strikeforce) has confirmed to Heavy.com that he'll be participating on the next Strikeforce on CBS card in April.

"We're going to do the fight on the 30th in Miami, and then turn around and do the April fight on CBS," Lashley told Heavy on Friday night. "I told them I wanted to stay active. If they want to give me six fights this year, I'll take six fights this year. I need more fights under my belt so that when that big fight comes, I'm ready for it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A-Team Trailer with Rampage as BA Baracus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjvkS0bqx70

Old 01-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Winners in bold:

Gray Maynard vs Nate Diaz
Efrain Escudero vs. Evan Dunham
Tom Lawlor vs. Aaron Simpson

4 good fights last night. The decision for Simpson was horrible, imo, but the fight was great! Maynard looked really good and Sadollah continues his mastery. I really enjoyed seeing Escudero getting stretched. I don't like him for some reason.

Fight of the Night:

Aaron Simpson and Tom Lawlor ($30,000/each)

Submission of the Night:

Evan Dunham ($30,000)

Knockout of the Night:

Nick Catone ($30,000)
Old 01-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

First Name: Andy
Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Winners in bold:

Gray Maynard vs Nate Diaz
Efrain Escudero vs. Evan Dunham
Tom Lawlor vs. Aaron Simpson

4 good fights last night. The decision for Simpson was horrible, imo, but the fight was great! Maynard looked really good and Sadollah continues his mastery. I really enjoyed seeing Escudero getting stretched. I don't like him for some reason.
Fight of the Night:

Aaron Simpson and Tom Lawlor ($30,000/each)

Submission of the Night:

Evan Dunham ($30,000)

Knockout of the Night:

Nick Catone ($30,000)
I think it's his face. I don't like him either and that's the only thing I can think of. What a hero not tapping and getting his arm hyperextended for no reason...LOL

I don't see how Aaron Simpson won that fight. First round was a 10-8 blowout for Lawlor.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough

Tom Lawlor was robbed. He pounded Simpson for 2 rounds. I couldn't believe the descision.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey202 View Post
Tom Lawlor was robbed. He pounded Simpson for 2 rounds. I couldn't believe the descision.
Look the first round has got to be 10-8. There's no way that was a 10-9 round. Even if you give Simpson the next two rounds you reasonably have to make them 10-9ers, which makes the fight a draw. And I don't think Simpson clearly won the last two...

Farce!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

lolz:

goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
lolz:

Just trying to stay healthy and keep from getting injured!
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga co-headlines the March 21st UFC on Versus event
A heavyweight bout between rising prospect Junior Dos Santos (10-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) and perennial contender Gabriel Gonzaga (11-4 MMA, 7-3 UFC) is set for the March 21 "UFC on Versus 1: Vera vs. Jones" card.

Brock Lesnar's fighting future to be revealed next week via press conference

UFC President Dana White has revealed that both he UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar will hold a joint press conference next week in Las Vegas to discuss Brock's future as a mixed-martial-artist.

White confirmed the news to MMAfighting.com recently on a trip to New York, refusing to elaborate on the nature of the press conference, only saying Lesnar’s future would be out in the open. Confusing yet very positive reports have surfaced recently with Randy Couture revealing previous conversations with the champ and that he's already back in training and may be fighting by spring.

Lesnar required surgery to repair damage inflicted by intestinal diverticulitis. The promotion recently announced that number one contender Shane Carwin will battle former champion Frank Mir at UFC 111 in his absence and we may finally know by the end of next week if that bout will be contested for an interim title or the true title (if the Minnesotan is forced to surrender the belt in anticipation of a long or permanent absence).

Belfort's manager confirms UFC 112 title fight with Silva

Following months of speculation on the fate of a postponed bout between middleweight champion Anderson Silva (25-4, 10-0 UFC) and challenger Vitor Belfort (19-8 MMA, 8-4 UFC), the pieces are finally in place for an April fight.

Fabiano Farah, Belfort's manager, confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Wednesday that Belfort meets Silva at UFC 112 on April 10 in Abu Dhabi. UFC president Dana White recently said he hoped the fight would take place on the overseas card.

The middleweight bout originally was scheduled to take place at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 but was shelved when Silva suffered complications from elbow surgery and was unable to train properly for the fight.

Silva recently began hard training again and is "very fired up" to face Belfort, according to manager Ed Soares, who declined to confirm the bout.

Belfort and Silva were on-again, off-again training partners in the original incarnation of fight team Black House formed in Brazil in 2006.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Fighters Only reports:

Takanori Gomi could make his UFC debut against unsuccessful lightweight challenger Kenny Florian at UFC Fight Night 22, Fighters Only was told this week. The event takes place in North Carolina on March 31st.

Roy Nelson expected to meet Stefan Struve in Versus card

Dutch heavyweight Stefan Struve will be facing TUF10 season winner Roy ‘Big Country’ in his next fight, Fighters Only can reveal. The fight is set to take place at UFC Fight Night 21 in North Carolina and at least one of the fighters is understood to have returned a signed bout agreement.

Jimmy Ambriz to fight Bobby Lashley at Strikeforce: Miami

Exclusive: Jimmy Ambriz to fight Bobby Lashley at Strikeforce: Miami

FiveOuncesofpain.com has been informed by sources close to one of the fighters that Jimmy Ambriz ( 14-12-1) has been selected to fight Bobby Lashley at the upcoming Strikeforce: Miami show on Janruary 30, 2010.

The news comes just one day after reports that Yohan Banks had been ruled out by the FSBC.

Ambriz, a former King of the Cage super heavyweight champion, last saw action in July of 2009 when he faced Jeff Monson at Total Combat 33.

The expected full card for Strikeforce: Miami
MAIN CARD
NICK DIAZ VS MARIUS ZAROMSKIS
CRISTIANE CYBORG SANTOS VS MARLOES COENEN
ROBBIE LAWLER VS MELVIN MANHOEF
HERSCHEL WALKER VS GREG NAGY
BOBBY LASHLEY VS JIMMY AMBRIZ***

PRELIM CARD
JAY HIERON VS JOE RIGGS
PABLO ALFONSO VS MARCOS DAMATTA
DAVID ZITNIK VS MICHAEL BYRNES
SABAH HOMASI VS JOHN KELLY
CRAIG OXLEY VS DAVID GOMEZ
RYAN KEENAN VS HAYDER HASSAN

Bob Shamrock, the adopted father of famed MMA legends Frank and Ken Shamrock died today following a long-term battle with various health complications due to diabetes.

News of Shamrock's passing was announced this evening by a representative of Ken's famed Lion's Den academy in Reno, Nev.

Shamrock was 68 years old.

Shamrock is best known for establishing the Shamrock Boys Home in Susanville, Calif., a facility for troubled boys. Ken and Frank each spent considerable time at the facility, and Shamrock would eventually adopt them both.

Shamrock kept the boys busy with various sporting activities, and he allowed the children to turn to controlled fisticuffs to settle their difference, as long as he was around to supervise.

"One of Ken's fondest memories of growing up at the Shamrock home was the way his dad had the kids settle their disputes," today's release stated. "If the kids got mad with each other, Bob would let them put on gloves and box in the backyard to sort things out. The only rule imposed for these matches was that Bob had to be there at the time."

Both Ken and Frank would go on to successful mixed martial arts careers that included appearances in the UFC, Pancrase, PRIDE, Strikeforce and EliteXC.

"My dad had an unbelievable light with these kids," Ken stated in this evening's release. "I've never seen anybody able to take a defiant kid into their home and handle them like my father could – willing to get into a fight with them if he had to because of disrespect and then turn around and hug them and let them know, the minute you give me respect, I'll give you respect.

"Everyone that came in contact with my dad, you could tell he made a difference in their life. I've never seen anyone have that much success with kids. I know he's with the Lord, but I'll miss him and I'm forever thankful."

Shamrock spent his final days at Ken's home surrounded by friends and family.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #10
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

Sucks about Bob Shamrock.

I like Gomi a lot and hope he's taking his training seriously, cuz we all know Florian surely does. Seems like a tough opening bout but then again Gomi's been Champ before, so I guess he should go right into the deep end. Predictions for this fight?

And Struve seems like a tough opponent for Nelson. I'm a Big Country fan but for some reason I always see him as the underdog.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #11
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
Sucks about Bob Shamrock.

I like Gomi a lot and hope he's taking his training seriously, cuz we all know Florian surely does. Seems like a tough opening bout but then again Gomi's been Champ before, so I guess he should go right into the deep end. Predictions for this fight?

And Struve seems like a tough opponent for Nelson. I'm a Big Country fan but for some reason I always see him as the underdog.
Ditto on all.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

If health permits, Josh Koscheck meets Paul Daley at UFC 113

It looks like the Brit got half of what he wants.

Mere weeks after calling out Thiago Alves and Josh Koscheck in the wake of a stunning knockout of Dustin Hazelett, U.K. striker Paul Daley (23-8-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and Koscheck (14-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) are expected to meet at UFC 113 in Montreal on May 1.

Sources close to the negotiations informed MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the two have verbally agreed to the match-up, though an undisclosed injury to Koscheck that scrapped his expected UFC 109 rematch with Paulo Thiago could hold up contracts from being signed.

The as-yet-unannounced UFC 113 event is expected to take place at the Bell Centre and features a rematch between light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

I hope this happens. I want to see Kos get KTFO by Daley.

Henderson vs. Shields Still Not Guaranteed

HENDERSON VS. SHIELDS ON CBS? NOT JUST YET!

It appears that Dan Henderson’s first fight for Strikeforce is all but a done deal.

Henderson appeared on Thursday’s edition of ESPN’s MMA Live, saying, “I’m really excited to be fighting my first fight in Strikeforce; (it) will be on CBS. It will be at 185 (pounds) against Jake Shields.” He also confirmed that the bout would be for the Strikeforce middleweight title currently around Shields’ waist.

Of course, there are two sides to every story, er, bout.

While it appears Henderson is ready to jump on the fight, it is not yet as final as it sounds. Shields’ camp told MMAWeekly.com that they hadn’t yet signed Shields’ next fight. Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz later said, “No. It’s not singed,” when asked about a Shields vs. Henderson title bout.

Last edited by NCRadioMan; 01-17-2010 at 02:48 PM.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #13
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

I think Kos has a strong enough chin to stop a flash KO; I also think he has a powerful grappling base that will allow him to frustrate Daley. Still, it's an exciting bout and I won't really pick sides on this one. I just can't wait to see it!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #14
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

The Lesnar press conference was canceled. Nobody seems to know why buy the Mir/Carwin fight on the UFC website no longer lists it being for the interim title. Just a "clash of the titans". And on the deathclutch page, Lesnars training people, it says "training is in session...again". I hope this is good news for Lesnar and that he may fight before the year is out.

This is only rumor right now but I would like to see it happen.

In an amazing development, one of the biggest legends in the sport of MMA could be on the verge of a return to the Octagon. Rumours online have linked former two-time UFC tournament champion Don "The Predator" Frye with a return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship on a short contract.

The rumour, published by fan blog Juiceboxing 101, contains quotes attributed to UFC President Dana White and commentator Joe Rogan and suggests Frye will join the world's premier MMA organisation on a one-fight deal.

Diego Sanchez returning to UFC's welterweight

After winning the first season of "The Ultimate Fighter" as a middleweight, emerging as a top contender at welterweight, dropping to lightweight and losing a title shot to champion B.J. Penn in December, Diego Sanchez is apparently ready for a change.

On Monday the fighter said he plans to return to the welterweight division.

In a series of Twitter messages, "Nightmare" welcomed fights with everyone from Josh Koscheck to Jon Fitch to fellow weight-class jumper Nate Diaz.

But as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported on Monday, Diaz instead is expected to make the jump from lightweight to welterweight to fight Rory Markham at UFC 111 in New Jersey.

Still, Sanchez (21-3 MMA, 10-3 UFC), who went 7-2 in the UFC's welterweight division and 2-1 as a lightweight, stated, "Any top guy will do."

Koscheck confirms UFC 113 co-headliner with Paul Daley

Josh Koscheck (14-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) will, in fact, meet fellow welterweight contender Paul Daley (23-8-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at UFC 113, and the bout will serve as the night's co-main event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported the Montreal fight over the weekend, and Koscheck has since confirmed the matchup via Twitter.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #15
Vigiles
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Garrett
Trading: (3)
Vigiles is on a distinguished road

Would be good to have lesnar come back, I'm not much of a fan of him, but I'd like to see someone beat him! Not sure who though...
Vigiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #16
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigiles View Post
Would be good to have lesnar come back, I'm not much of a fan of him, but I'd like to see someone beat him! Not sure who though...

Junior Dos Santos will be Heavyweight champ as soon as they give him the opportunity, and he'll hold it for quite a while.

MARK MY WORDS!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
Knip23
Keep It Simple

First Name: Destrey
Trading: (10)
HUpmann Army (Active)
Knip23 is on a distinguished road

Junior will not
Knip23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #18
Vigiles
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Garrett
Trading: (3)
Vigiles is on a distinguished road

He might be heavyweight champion someday, but I don't see him beating lesnar...
Vigiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #19
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Looks like Lesnar will be on ESPN's SportsCenter tomorrow to update his condition.

I don't care who he fights, Junior would be a good match-up imo, I just want him to come back 100% healthy.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

If JDS does somehow lose at heavyweight he can just amputate his severely cauliflowered ears and immediately drop to middleweight... LOL