Old 02-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #781
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Not expecting much from sharks. Missing Murray playing horrible of late. Maybe Van will break the streak.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #782
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Not expecting much from sharks. Missing Murray playing horrible of late. Maybe Van will break the streak.
How did Murray fracture his adam's apple? I've never even heard of that, Mike.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #783
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
22 straight home wins for the Wings Hoping they get to at least 30
What a game winning goal Dats put in with 5 second to go!!! Go Wings!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #784
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
How did Murray fracture his adam's apple? I've never even heard of that, Mike.
Freak injury blocked shot rode up stick and hit him in throat. Tried to stay on bench but realized couldnt. Game going as expected. Sharks for the first year in a while look deep enough, but dont play that way. Looking like they will limp in to playoffs and get bounced in the second round.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #785
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Hawks hand the Blues only their second loss when leading in the 3rd period.

Hawks need to win 6 more straight to make up for the streak. Tuesday will be tough.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #786
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Freak injury blocked shot rode up stick and hit him in throat. Tried to stay on bench but realized couldnt.
Too bad, I really like Murray. Relatively weak skater who makes up by doing everything at 110% and using his huge frame as an advantage.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #787
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Yup my sons best friend who he has played with for three years now is nicknamed little murray. Not a great skater, not fast, but has become a smart player who uses his size and stick well. Its hard to dislike murray. Not a dirty player, just works hard and uses hus assets.

Friggin sharks.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #788
44stampede
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (21)
Cohiba
44stampede will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hawks hand the Blues only their second loss when leading in the 3rd period.

Hawks need to win 6 more straight to make up for the streak. Tuesday will be tough.
I really like the Blues a lot under Hich. They are going to be tough to beat come playoffs.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #789
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44stampede View Post
I really like the Blues a lot under Hich. They are going to be tough to beat come playoffs.
Blues have been awesome under Hitch...hoping the Hawks get a shot at them in the post season.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #790
dvickery
Team of 1

First Name: derrek
Trading: (0)
dvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura about

he played for the icehogs and for the blackhawks...so i am pretty sure tom will have a comment...

cam barker...how does it feel to be the worst defenceman on the(arguably)worst team in the nhl???weak weak weak...does not win a single battle.was he this way in chicago???or does he just want a transfer out of edmonton???

tired of a 15 year rebuilding phase...yet an oiler fan forever.
derrek
Old 02-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #791
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvickery View Post
he played for the icehogs and for the blackhawks...so i am pretty sure tom will have a comment...

cam barker...how does it feel to be the worst defenceman on the(arguably)worst team in the nhl???weak weak weak...does not win a single battle.was he this way in chicago???or does he just want a transfer out of edmonton???

derrek
Hawks wasted a 1st round draft pick on him...but thankfully got Nick Leddy as part of the trade from the Wild for him.

Oilers may win the lottery and get another #1, Derrek!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #792
Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road

missed the Isles game today versus the Sens cause I was car shopping. I saw the score and for oncce I am happy I went car shopping. 6-0 withPoulin chased in under 2 minutes...I can't wait to see P.A.'s Game miscinduct and Matt Martins fight.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #793
44stampede
Feeling at Home

Cohiba

Quote:

derrek
Ah you poor Oil fans. I will say that I love Eberle. That guy is already awesome and going to get better. I really think that if you get a good goalie (Kabby started playing lights out but the law of averages caught up), traded Hemmer for a good defender and a pick and added one more top 4 defender you could be real scary. This is coming from a Cow town fan.

On another note: Edson!? My grandparents lived 20-30 mins north of Edson when I was young. We used to go into the "big city" on occasion from the farm. Loved it out there when I was young. What are you doing out there? Oil?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #794
dvickery
Team of 1

dvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44stampede View Post

On another note: Edson!? My grandparents lived 20-30 mins north of Edson when I was young. We used to go into the "big city" on occasion from the farm. Loved it out there when I was young. What are you doing out there? Oil?
sorry about that...i usually keep my frustration pretty well bottled up...its just that i had just watched the oilers loose again to the canucks no less...and kind of snapped. ...i have been focusing on barker the last few weeks...what a sh!tty defencman...such a weak defencman he makes sutton look bad too.

if a streak of bad years piles up like it has for the oilers...i believe...that managment is to blame not the players...kevin lowe may have been a good hockey player but he sucks as a hockey administrator...time to start firing managment starting at the top.

44...i live 26kms east of edson...1 mile from the end of wolf lake road.
was working for an oil company for 30 years...now i work for my wife as a general handyman.i love edson and this part of the world...1 1/2 hours to edmonton and 1 1/2 hours to jasper...best of both worlds.too bad the winters stretch from nov to april...i am happy to trade the snow for solitude tho...nearest heighbour is 1/2 mile away...i have enough land and house is situated so that no matter where anyone builds i will never have anybody looking in my livingroom window.

derrek
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #795
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

No Datsyuk for the Wings and no Toews for the Hawks tonight.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #796
Bigwaved

Trading: (3)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Bigwaved has disabled reputation

No need to apologize, Derrek. We all get frustrated with extended periods of poor team play. I have suffered with that in almost every one of my favorite teams in the sports I follow. You hit the nail on the head with the front office in Edmonton. They have not been able to put it together for too long.
Quote:
sorry about that...i usually keep my frustration pretty well bottled up...its just that i had just watched the oilers loose again to the canucks no less...and kind of snapped. ...i have been focusing on barker the last few weeks...what a sh!tty defencman...such a weak defencman he makes sutton look bad too.

if a streak of bad years piles up like it has for the oilers...i believe...that managment is to blame not the players...kevin lowe may have been a good hockey player but he sucks as a hockey administrator...time to start firing managment starting at the top.

was working for an oil company for 30 years...now i work for my wife as a general handyman.i love edson and this part of the world...1 1/2 hours to edmonton and 1 1/2 hours to jasper...best of both worlds.too bad the winters stretch from nov to april...i am happy to trade the snow for solitude tho...nearest heighbour is 1/2 mile away...i have enough land and house is situated so that no matter where anyone builds i will never have anybody looking in my livingroom window.

derrek
Old 02-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #797
44stampede
Feeling at Home

Cohiba

Quote:

derrek
Yeah no need to apologize. We all have that frustration. Speaking of which, your Oilers just rang up 4 goals in 10 minutes on the Flames... arrrggggg!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #798
44stampede
Feeling at Home

Cohiba

Quote:
No Datsyuk for the Wings and no Toews for the Hawks tonight.
Nice win. Glad someone could beat those friggin father time defiers
Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #799
dvickery
Team of 1

barker out potter in...improves the backend.
whitney playing his 11th game since injury...in game shape finally...improves the backend.
dubnyk...improves the backend.

result:kick cowgary

derrek
Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #800
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Nice win versus the Flames, Derrek...6 goals by 6 players, and 3 point for Jordan.

Hawks win their 4th straight, including beating the Rangers, Blues and Wings (without Toews). I think we are back on the right track, Crawford has looked much better the last week.

Closed Thread