Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #61
j-easy

Default Re: What Joe Cigar won't tell you, and how to figh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazzil View Post
You know what? You guys are right. Some times I present information in such a manner as to sound abrasive or as if I am attacking Joe. As I stated, I love CI, and I think the world of them and Joe Cigar, however they do things I wish that they wouldn't, as I noted above.

I suppose the breaking straw for me was missing out (or almost missing out depending on how you look at it) on a deal because it was posted at six in the morning, which seems to be a regular practice for Joe, posting all the good deals at odd hours in Jambalayah so that more people cant take advantage of it. After a half a dozen or so missed deals because they were posted in the middle of the night, you tend to get a bit cranky.

BlackIrish summed up my post far better then I could, and all without sounding like the south end of a north end mule while doing it, he is to be commended.

That is all
it is my understanding that joe's jambalaya is run like a woot off, they sell a set quantity of each deal, so whether they sell 500 of XYZ sampler at 2am or at noon, 500 people still get the sampler.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #62
ChasDen

Since we are quick to point out the bad deals on Joe how about we point out a good one (price wise, like or dislike of the cigar is all personal taste so let's have that argument in a different thread).

Today’s deal

Man O' War Double Corona - JOE CIGAR PRICE: $29.99
Box price - BOX OF 22: $144 (+8 cigar freebie so that’s 30)

Reg price = $4.80ea. (Includes 8 free cigars)
Joe price = $2.99ea.

That's a savings of $18.10 on the 10 or $54.30 on 30.

That's almost a 38% discount over the sale box price.

Man O' War lovers looks like a good deal for you today

Chas
Old 01-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #63
Drazzil
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: David
Trading: (31)
RyJ
Drazzil will become famous soon enough

Yes, today's deal is truly Joe worthy. Add to all of this of your choice of DPG Blue Generouso or Cusano 10th 10 for 34 today is a good day for Joe.
Drazzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #64
Cigarcop
Wishin I Was Fishin

Trading: (40)
HdM
Cigarcop has disabled reputation

Maybe Joes been reading these reviews!!!
Cigarcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #65
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

or like I said already maybe Joe is just a smart business man who doesnt give away the farm everyday. Some deals he makes little some deals he does well. Its called smart business.

OO look another great deal by the evil Joe.
The Padilla weekly deal released today is also pretty damn good. Based on my local prices the miamis alone are almost that price. Nevermind the 16 other sticks you get with it Habanos and 68's.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #66
oldforge
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
oldforge has a spectacular aura aboutoldforge has a spectacular aura aboutoldforge has a spectacular aura about

I let all my smokes sit for months (at least) and dry box everything. Joe's DPGs, 601s, and JDNs have been identical to other vendors in my experience.

But--I haven't bit on a Joe deal in several months.
oldforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:40 AM   #67
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarcop View Post
Maybe Joes been reading these reviews!!!
Had to bite on today's CI weekly special! Padilla Torpedo Mega-Sampler0 of Padilla's finest for $49.99! Padilla Obsidian is my fav. smoke, so I "Had" to buy 2 at this price! Go for it!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #68
Nimbus

First Name: J
Trading: (7)
Partagas
Nimbus has disabled reputation

I have not ordered from Joe for about a year now and unless it is a really good smoke, I will probably not order from them again.

Thanks for the informative post.
Nimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #69
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Been a while since I bit on one of Joe's Daily Deals but I'm a fan.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #70
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

I bit twice this week, 10 Man O War for $30 and 10 DPG Cuban Classics for $32. Not bad in my book. But now no more cigar shopping.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #71
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation

I wait for Joe to offer my RP 1990s at $29.99 for 10 + free shipping. $2.99/ea; never seen them at that price, anywhere! But some very valid points made on your original post. Its a business, and they are very sucessful for a reason.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #72
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Just an FYI, Joe Cigar is dancing today.
MedicCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #73
pmp

I don't visit that site often(at all) like maybe half a dozen times total.

But EVERY time I have been on there they have been selling ghurkas. I see that creepy little ghurka troll playing with his knife and immediately bounce. Its like some kind of cosmic joke. I'm going to start calling it joeghurka.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #74
AdamC

Yeah I noticed that CI only takes a few cents off the actually cost of the Manufacture. Like God Of Fire. Nearly the same price.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #75
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinApe View Post

All I am saying is that when the DPG cigars that get sold on joe come in unsorted bundles, some coal black others light tan. I do believe that when the boxes are sorted the leftover gets celo'd & bundled and sent to the bulk discount retailers... all businesses work this way, why would cigars be different? I have bought numerous boxes of DPG JJ natural and maduro, blues and blacks... I have also bought all of these brands multiple times from joe, they have been different... flaky and papery wrappers, goofy coloring, too spicy, not spicy enough etc... I am not saying they are bad or not worth it, but they are different some of the time...
My observation:

I won some 601 Blacks @ CBid, had some from a B&M. The Cbid ones looked like the oscuro, while the B&M's looked like a Connie. Had to go back and read my receipt to make sure they were Blacks. They are that much different! They both smoke great, so no biggie, but there is a big difference in those.
Col. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #76
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
My observation:

I won some 601 Blacks @ CBid, had some from a B&M. The Cbid ones looked like the oscuro, while the B&M's looked like a Connie. Had to go back and read my receipt to make sure they were Blacks. They are that much different! They both smoke great, so no biggie, but there is a big difference in those.
The Oscuro is the Green label and the Connecticut is the Black label. Be careful at c-bid and NEVER trust the picture only the description.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #77
deschete
Bass Guitars and Cigars

Trading: (0)
deschete is on a distinguished road

I have to admit that none of my Joe buys were ready to smoke without sitting in the humidor for an extended period of time. I've stopped buying them.

The last straw was the 601 Red deal that has been mentioned in here... they are just not as good as the ones I bought at the B&M. Several friends here bit no that deal too and without me prompting them have asked me if I felt the cigars were up to snuff. I think they will be after sitting for a while, but who knows for sure?
deschete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #78
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Does this thread validate Legend's argument?

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #79
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Does this thread validate Legend's argument?
You see wrapper color variation in every box, with some more and some less. Padron 64 boxes at B&M near me have no two cigars with same shade wrapper. What does this prove one way or another?

As for "green" cigars sold by CBid, why a surprise. Why store (age) them when it increases your cost all around and the sale price as well? You buy them cheaper, you age them, sounds fine by me. And I age everything I buy for at least a year, anyway.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:16 AM   #80
TheVitaleMob

I don't mean to necropost 10 days down the line here, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in. I've ordered Joe's a couple of times before and had no problems.

I also have both Joe's and Monster on a RSS feed on my Yahoo homepage. Every time I open Firefox, I see the current deals. Then again, I work nights and am finishing my day off around 3am, so I get to see the good deals.

Use a RSS feed, that way you get to see updated info without clicking over only when you remember to go to their sites.

-C