Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #61
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Official College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2010 View Post
by recent years... do you mean 2001? I think they won by 67 on their last conference championship game.

when did BlowU last win a bowl game??......

and I've got at least a fiver that says Texas beats OU this year
Ok since the Big 12 came to be, the shorthorns have won a grand total of 2 conference championships (96, 05), I will even give you 3 if you count the mythical won they granted themselves.

On the other hand OU has won 6 (2000,02,04,06,07,08). The question is when would you rather choke? Before you even get to the big game? or in the big game? I prefer getting there.

And I have 10 sticks to put up for OU over shorthorns!
Old 08-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #62
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
by recent years... do you mean 2001? I think they won by 67 on their last conference championship game.

when did BlowU last win a bowl game??......

Oh one more thing...

OU Bowl Percentage: 57% wins
Tejas Bowl Percentage:53% wins
Old 08-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #63
bowhnter
Backyard BBQer

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
bowhnter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner View Post

I have the other 5

HookEm
Old 08-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #64
Poe
Still Watching My Back

First Name: David
Trading: (1)
Poe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Uhmm... all I can say it Go Gators!!! I gotta say I am excited and scared at the same time. I am excited because it looks like an unreal year for the Gators. I am scared because I have seen many years when we looked great and sucked!!!

That being said... I love all of you guys... but once September gets here... every single Auburn and Georgia fan sucks!! Tennessee and Miami fans suck year 'round!!!
I just hope I get to see you guys play us again in Atlanta with a trip to the NC game on the line. The Florida fans (well most anyway ) were great and very friendly last year at the game. Nothing like the trip i made to Baton Rouge...
Poe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #65
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhnter View Post
I have the other 5

HookEm
More like book em

Old 08-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #66
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe View Post
I just hope I get to see you guys play us again in Atlanta with a trip to the NC game on the line. The Florida fans (well most anyway ) were great and very friendly last year at the game. Nothing like the trip i made to Baton Rouge...
Thank you sir... Bama fans are class acts. I can't say that about all Gator fans... but we are getting better IMO
Old 08-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #67
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Thank you sir... Bama fans are class acts. I can't say that about all Gator fans... but we are getting better IMO
Brent I will say most of the Gator fans I know are class acts....yourself included of course
Old 08-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #68
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Brent I will say most of the Gator fans I know are class acts....yourself included of course
Thank you brother... I certainly have been an a** at some GA and TN games. Other than that I can say I am a pretty good fan!! I have certainly been ashamed of some Gator fans at times... but all in all I do think we are great college football fans.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #69
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ok since the Big 12 came to be, the shorthorns have won a grand total of 2 conference championships (96, 05), I will even give you 3 if you count the mythical won they granted themselves.

On the other hand OU has won 6 (2000,02,04,06,07,08). The question is when would you rather choke? Before you even get to the big game? or in the big game? I prefer getting there.

I would rather win the big game, but you're right, OU has a certain talent for getting there, yet without showing up
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:37 AM   #70
DougBushBC

Quote:
I would rather win the big game, but you're right, OU has a certain talent for getting there, yet without showing up
Not to mention they are the team that lost to Boise State in the Fiesta! Isn't that like getting your ass whooped by a girl?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #71
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation

Quote:

I would rather win the national title game once, than get there and lose the last 3 times in a row like the sooners...

Plus OU, is dragging down the big 12 the BCS National championship game standings... as a matter of fact, if you take out OU's 3 losses, we would have a winning record in national championship games played...

I'm confident that Texas will win this year's red river rivalry as well so if anyone wants to lose another 5er to me, I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Not to mention they are the team that lost to Boise State in the Fiesta! Isn't that like getting your ass whooped by a girl?
Yes it is, but OU are just a bunch of girly men anyway... :
zmancbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #72
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmancbr View Post

I would rather win the national title game once, than get there and lose the last 3 times in a row like the sooners...

Plus OU, is dragging down the big 12 the BCS National championship game standings... as a matter of fact, if you take out OU's 3 losses, we would have a winning record in national championship games played...

I'm confident that Texas will win this year's red river rivalry as well so if anyone wants to lose another 5er to me, I'm in!

Yes it is, but OU are just a bunch of girly men anyway... :

Well I am going to go back to my original thoughts here since some people dont seem to get it. OU has more national championships then Texas and Florida...COMBINED! Isnt that what you play for? Yes I would have loved it if OU would have won all three of those games...but they didnt. The fact is, no matter how down they end the season they come back every year with a good team. OU has won more games since WWII than any program. They won titles in the 50s, 70s, 80s, and 2000s...indicating a tradition that does not die out. OU is not some school on a hot streak that will probably be out of the picture in 10 years, they will be there, playing in the big game. Will they lose some? Yes! Will they win some? Of course. The Sooners are on a bad bowl streak, but guess what? In 4 years you could be talking about how OU went on a tear and won 4 in a row. So I would not laugh...especially at a team who has played in 4 NCs in 10 years and won one.

I am very passionate about Oklahoma football as you can tell, and laugh at the fact that some people talk so much about the losing streak. It wasnt long ago that Stoops beat Tejas several years in a row (2000, 2001,2002, 2003,2004) but lately Tejas has played the better games. The same can happen to OU w/ bowl games. This year is the first year Oklahoma has had a very experienced QB at the helm since Jason White (with 2 bum knees). Since they we have had Bomar (the Freshman), Paul Thompson (a receiver turned QB), and Sam Bradford (an underclassman). Do not count OU out. Could we lose a bowl game? Yes. Could your team? Yup.

Enjoy!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #73
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

I will put up a 5ver to every Tejas fan on here. I would love to buy another humi to put all of your sticks in when OU kicks Tejas ass. You will have to wait until I get back from Guam to pay up though.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #74
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

All:

This is an interesting look at the most prestigious programs of all times- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4369664
Old 08-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #75
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

Quote:
All:

This is an interesting look at the most prestigious programs of all times- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4369664
no one is allowed to talk trash to WBS any more, he cheers for the greatest of all time

kinda like 2005 USC Trojans... oh wait

look, we're all happy for the storied probation ridden history of your program, but we're talking about 2009-2010 now, and Texas and going to "spank that ass"
Old 08-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #76
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
no one is allowed to talk trash to WBS any more, he cheers for the greatest of all time

look, we're all happy for the storied probation ridden history of your program, but we're talking about 2009-2010 now, and Texas and going to "spank that ass"
You must mean *spank that ass*...if you don't know the asterisk is what Tejas will use to indicate that they think they should have whooped OUs ass, when in reality it is their ass that was handed to them. God Help Texas!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #77
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:

Plus dont be so upset...Texas is in the top 10
Old 08-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #78
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

James... you know I love you brother... and I am as big of a college football fan as there is. I have bled Orange and Blue since the late 60's. The Gators have broken my heart and taken me to the heights of fan excitement. I have seen other teams and conferences dominate at our expense.

I respectfully say that no other conference can currently match the speed and athleticism of the SES. The last ten years or so the only failure of an SES team in the national arena was due to the *ss whipping that goes on every week in our conference. That is my opinion... YMMV!!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #79
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

yep, that SES is untouchable
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #80
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
James... you know I love you brother... and I am as big of a college football fan as there is. I have bled Orange and Blue since the late 60's. The Gators have broken my heart and taken me to the heights of fan excitement. I have seen other teams and conferences dominate at our expense.

I respectfully say that no other conference can currently match the speed and athleticism of the SES. The last ten years or so the only failure of an SES team in the national arena was due to the *ss whipping that goes on every week in our conference. That is my opinion... YMMV!!
I have not heard of this SES conference Brent

JK. I lived in SEC land for many years, and still do. I will not argue that SEC is the best football conference...they have a ton of good teams and coaches. However, I do not always feel like they have the best team every year.