Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #61
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sam Leccia Cigar Company

good luck sam,
love nub cameroon,now eagerly waiting cain to arrive...
now you are up to something new...will try once its in market...

from the other part of the world,i wish you all the best... love the photos ..
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #62
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

I would love less hype, smaller RG, and more flavor.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #63
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Met Sam at a Cain F Nub event at Burn in MN, after setting up the first thing he did was make the owner take all of the memorabilia off of the pool table so we could shoot a few games. Great guy and I wish him well and will be trying the Debut when it comes out even though I also am not a huge fan of the big RG.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:45 AM   #64
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

I just finished reading Mr. Leccia's gentle, good-natured response to the drubbing he's gotten here, and I gotta say that I think it was a classy move.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 AM   #65
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I agree on that. It is clear he HAS nuts, but to register and parry a bit with the folks here, that is not without
some risk. The more I read about the guy, the more I like him. If I knew more about the supposed 'abandonment'
of some group of cigar enthusiasts, I might have an opinion, lol. But I just know what I know, next to nothing, and
he seems OK to me. One thing I KNOW he never did, sent someone back a half-smoked cigar in a box of other
cigars. THAT guy is an ahole.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #66
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

And by that I mean I am not surprised that he did not spend too much if any time on the boards after the
launch of his product. Not so much THIS board, but on many of em, you CAN'T log in and get into shizzle
with some of these people, it's a lose-lose sitcho. You can't say the right thing without someone twisting it
all around to suit their schtick. Look at Drew, now we KNOW he is a douche, but he would get into it with
one or another person trying to refute what they said and it always ends up with him having to skulk away
knowing he should have lurked and said nothing. The net is a freaking Battledrome of Death. It takes nuts and
CAREFUL choices of words to survive, and sometimes no one wins.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #67
sboyajian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Leccia View Post
"down to Earth"? I don't know man, I cut my grass and take out the trash just like I would imagine most of you do. I am certainly not made of money or consider myself any sort of celebrity. There has never been paparazzi on my lawn, and I certainly don't get bothered at the grocery store or the mall. I also doubt anyone tells Kid Rock that he looks like Sam Leccia. I'm just being real, guys.
Suzy the doily maker bro..
Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #68
sboyajian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
His own press release states that the cigar world regards him as a rock star?? I invented a way to wipe
my a$$ 3 times with the same square of TP and you don't see ME making a press release.
Since you consider yourself an "inteLLECTUAL blowhard", you may wish to re-read the press release. He never says he is a rock star, he says he approaches the cigar industry with the same passion that a rock star would his music.

Reading is good.. comprehension is key.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #69
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
Since you consider yourself an "inteLLECTUAL blowhard", you may wish to re-read the press release. He never says he is a rock star, he says he approaches the cigar industry with the same passion that a rock star would his music.

(Quote from press release):

"The cigar nation embraces Leccia like a rock star for the passion and originality he brings to the business."

Old 05-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #70
sboyajian

Again.. read it carefully. He does not say HE considers himself a rock star. I know a lot of people that refer to Sam as "the rock star"... whether it be his style, the fact that he would sing with the bands on the NUb Live tours, who knows.. but people do see him that way.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #71
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
(Quote from press release):

"The cigar nation embraces Leccia like a rock star for the passion and originality he brings to the business."

And so what if he, or his company, or whoever thinks he is a rockstar OR wants to be percieved as one? Its all marketing! How do you think us college students just getting into the cigar world pick brands? By how cool their marketing is. (Then we wise up and smoke brands we truly like, regardless of marketing).

This is the next generation of cigar makers coming in, and they do things differently.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #72
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:

Brad never said that Sam said he was regarded as a rock star. Brad stated the press release said it. Which it did.

Reading is good.. comprehension is key
Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #73
sboyajian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Brad never said that Sam said he was regarded as a rock star. Brad stated the press release said it. Which it did.

Reading is good.. comprehension is key
When ya got me, ya got me..
Old 05-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #74
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
When ya got me, ya got me..
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #75
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

And the press release is on his site, with which I am sure he has some small control over the content.

Now, give me a small RG tasty cigar that doesn't taste like nothing, or burnt toast, or ass, and I will support whatever alternative/rock lifestyle you choose. Oh yeah, don't try to get rich off me, make them affordable. I might buy a box or two if they don't suck.

edit: oh... and I might not want to wrap my jaw around a bratwurst sized stick to sample your line.

Wait, has anyone done that before?

edit: oh... and I might not want to wrap my jaw around a bratwurst sized stick to sample your line.

Last edited by replicant_argent; 05-26-2011 at 09:23 AM.
replicant_argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #76
lilwing88

Everyone's definition of "rockstar" varies.......

Old 05-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #77
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
And the press release is on his site, with which I am sure he has some small control over the content.

Now, give me a small RG tasty cigar that doesn't taste like nothing, or burnt toast, or ass, and I will support whatever alternative/rock lifestyle you choose. Oh yeah, don't try to get rich off me, make them affordable. I might buy a box or two if they don't suck.

Wait, has anyone done that before?

Pete, maybe you're not in the demographic he is marketing to...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #78
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Best wishes on the new venture. It's a great thing to have passionate people promoting the hobby through generating excitement and interest in new products.

Never smoked one of Sams cigars and said... hey that is really awful, never. Well constructed smokes with quality tobacco = a quality product that people get value from. Many of us are not large RG fans so it's easy to make a bit of fun over the ... ahem, "marketing license" taken with sweet spots, etc. But we exist in a world where there are truly awful cigars promoted as "deals etc" that folks get burned on over and over again, (think the CI catalog stuff) and that is not the case with these cigars.

Again, best wishes on the new venture Sam and ..... if you ever move to Cuba I'm down for the first shipments.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #79
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
you may wish to re-read the press release. He never says he is a rock star, he says he approaches the cigar industry with the same passion that a rock star would his music.

What does THIS say, man??

The cigar nation embraces Leccia like a rock star for the passion and originality he brings to the business.

And where ANYWHERE did I say that he said that himself?? I think I DID say that "I bet he had a hand in crafting
the words". At least he READ it before they released it, anyway. But as far as making a separate post just to
tell me "reading is good, but comprehension is the key", you should at least be able to quote me accurately.
--edit--------
I remember when I had MY first beer.

Last edited by OLS; 05-26-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #80
OLS
Suck It

DANG 15 minute time frame on edits....I see that someone already made my point.

MAN, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I did what sboyajian just did, lol.

And I already made my peace with Mr. Leccia. I ate all the crow I served up. I still think the line is
funny though, hehe.....rock star. But maybe he IS a rock star. He's more exciting than Avo Uvezian.

I move that the 15 minute time frame on edits be extended to 20, is there a second?