Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #61
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you were Stranded, ONLY I CIGAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
But, then again, there's the ...

...oh yeah, only one cigar.

Guess what, I pack up all my cigars and go home. I'm not going to play this game.
I thought you used to be an Anejo whore? That's why I jabbed ya in the first place. I was just trying to shake you back to your senses.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #62
Whipper Snapper
95% Banter 5% MMM Habanos

First Name: Blake
Trading: (0)
RA
Whipper Snapper has disabled reputation

Hmm. I'm going to have to go with a regular production Stick here.

Though I've never had one (an original release that is), I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is a good choice.
How about some original release VR Don Alejandros
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #63
rhmalone
Still Watching My Back

First Name: R. Harrison
Trading: (5)
rhmalone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain53 View Post
Send me 2500 La Gloria Cubana Serie R #7 Maduro
yeah that works for me too.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #64
darkninja67

Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo maduro, the 80th may replace that if I actually smoke one.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #65
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo maduro, the 80th may replace that if I actually smoke one.
I don't know Bill, I like the Exclusivo better than the Padron Family Reserve No. 45 Maduro and that was cA's top cigar of 2009 and a $25 stick.

Hard for me to imagine the 80th topping it but then again, I haven't had one...

Yet.
issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #66
shvictor
Instigator

First Name: Steve
Trading: (40)
Partagas
shvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the rough

Tat T110. No Question
Old 02-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #67
Val

I'd go with Hoya de Nicaragua " Antanos 1970 " in the big Gran Perfecto size. Who cares if I ever get rescued.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #68
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I thought you used to be an Anejo whore? That's why I jabbed ya in the first place. I was just trying to shake you back to your senses.
No, I was never an Anejo whore. Context, always context. Remember, Scripture interprets Scripture.

So, the issue/context was the exaltation of Opus X, and my comment was that I thought the Anejo was a much better cigar than that Opus. I do like the Anejo, they are wonderful. I enjoy them very much, but they are not an everyday smoke for me. They are too rich to smoke very day - even if they were free.

Hope that clears up that misunderstanding.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #69
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Trading: (4)
Partagas
baldanders is on a distinguished road

Psd4
Old 02-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #70
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Tat RC233
Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 AM   #71
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about

Noella Reserva
Patrick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #72
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I was never an Anejo whore. Context, always context. Remember, Scripture interprets Scripture.

So, the issue/context was the exaltation of Opus X, and my comment was that I thought the Anejo was a much better cigar than that Opus. I do like the Anejo, they are wonderful. I enjoy them very much, but they are not an everyday smoke for me. They are too rich to smoke very day - even if they were free.

Hope that clears up that misunderstanding.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
That's the beauty of it. I already know you're not an anejo whore, too.
I just love propagating that myth.
I got a kick out of you getting called an Anejo whore, too.
I agree completely about Opus/Anejo, although I think Opus are total poop. You're just a nicer guy about it than me. Plus you have a lot more patience with subpar smokes than I do. I aspire to that.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #73
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's the beauty of it. I already know you're not an anejo whore, too.
I just love propagating that myth.
I got a kick out of you getting called an Anejo whore, too.
I agree completely about Opus/Anejo, although I think Opus are total poop. You're just a nicer guy about it than me. Plus you have a lot more patience with subpar smokes than I do. I aspire to that.
Patience with subpar smoke? Not like I used to. Now they get one opportunity, if it is something everybody is raving about - maybe a second chance. But no more than that.

Now, there is a marca out there that I want to try more of, but is cost prohibitive - Litto Gomez. There are a couple other marcas that have impressed me enough that I will be getting more of as time goes on, to see if they are as worthy as I believe they might be - Kristoff and J.Fuego.

But are any of these worthy to be my 1 smoke if it was all I could have? Not yet.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #74
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu View Post
How about Boli PCs from a cab? Say.... from 2006ish..... that way I'd have 5000 of em!
this would be my choice
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:19 AM   #75
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

I have yet to find a cigar that I would enjoy exclusively for the rest of my life!!!

I enjoy variety and change!!!

If I have to pick, I say Illusione ~2~!!!

I would also like a giant walk in humidor, torch lighter, butane, some great beverages, and food would be a plus!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #76
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Patience with subpar smoke? Not like I used to. Now they get one opportunity, if it is something everybody is raving about - maybe a second chance. But no more than that.

Now, there is a marca out there that I want to try more of, but is cost prohibitive - Litto Gomez. There are a couple other marcas that have impressed me enough that I will be getting more of as time goes on, to see if they are as worthy as I believe they might be - Kristoff and J.Fuego.

But are any of these worthy to be my 1 smoke if it was all I could have? Not yet.
That still makes you more patient than me, my brother.
My alley is strewn with cigars that got maybe a half inch to an inch to "come around". I won't even force myself to endure an expensive smoke if it doesn't come around in 15 minutes. I DEFINATELY won't go back for a number two. That's great that you do it the way you do. I rely on your input because I know you take a good hard look. I don't have to because you do my due diligence. Saves me grief.
You're in luck, too, brother. I have a few 2006 Litto's left and just got a couple boxes of 09 Oscuros. If mind serves me, I have some old Kristoff's, but I think I looked for them once and couldn't find them. No clue where they got to.
Got a couple boxes of #46 Anejos today, too. I'm kinda overloaded with Anejos, really.
I figure you're gonna give me crap for sending you cigars again, but I don't really care. You spread the joy that is cigars, and you are very well equipped to do it. That's priceless, my friend. You asked why I pick on you. There ya have it.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #77
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
That still makes you more patient than me, my brother.
My alley is strewn with cigars that got maybe a half inch to an inch to "come around". I won't even force myself to endure an expensive smoke if it doesn't come around in 15 minutes. I DEFINATELY won't go back for a number two. That's great that you do it the way you do. I rely on your input because I know you take a good hard look. I don't have to because you do my due diligence. Saves me grief.
You're in luck, too, brother. I have a few 2006 Litto's left and just got a couple boxes of 09 Oscuros. If mind serves me, I have some old Kristoff's, but I think I looked for them once and couldn't find them. No clue where they got to.
Got a couple boxes of #46 Anejos today, too. I'm kinda overloaded with Anejos, really.
I figure you're gonna give me crap for sending you cigars again, but I don't really care. You spread the joy that is cigars, and you are very well equipped to do it. That's priceless, my friend. You asked why I pick on you. There ya have it.
Why do a get a sinking feeling in the pit of my gut after reading this post? The words, "resistance if futile" seem to run through my head. I wonder if it is too late to move to ... (oh yeah, if I say here, what's the point of moving)
Old 02-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #78
bigswol2
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
bigswol2 will become famous soon enoughbigswol2 will become famous soon enough

opus #2 would be fine with me!
bigswol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #79
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I can see why, Anejos are a damn tasty stick!

I haven't tried the Litto Gomez yet but I did grab some LFD Cabinet Oscuros last week and they are really nice!!!

issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #80
bigmanfromou
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Julius
Trading: (11)
bigmanfromou is on a distinguished road

50ct boxes of Mag46s
bigmanfromou is offline   Reply With Quote