Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

View Poll Results: UFO's?
Ya, real. 34 36.56%
No. 11 11.83%
Undecided. 5 5.38%
Sasquatch, absolutely, UFO's, no. 3 3.23%
Sasquatch AND UFO's. 10 10.75%
Sweet potatoes suck ass. 8 8.60%
Mila. (just for Ryan) 8 8.60%
Let's just go ahead and ask Peter and wrap this thing up. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2014, 04:19 AM   #61
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: UFO's?

No UFO's, But I Love Sweet Potatoes!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #62
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Voted (for Mila)
Old 10-22-2014, 06:56 AM   #63
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #64
jhedrick83
GO VOLS!

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (0)
jhedrick83 is on a distinguished road

UFO's yes, Sasquatch?! Don't be ridiculous!
jhedrick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #65
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I find it hard to grasp the concept of an advanced civilization traveling light years from a distant star system to our humble planet, then doing little more than visit some drunken meth head in an Arkansas trailerpark.

But hey, who am I to question superior beings?
Old 10-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #66
jhedrick83
GO VOLS!

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (0)
jhedrick83 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
I find it hard to grasp the concept of an advanced civilization traveling light years from a distant star system to our humble planet, then doing little more than visit some drunken meth head in an Arkansas trailerpark.

But hey, who am I to question superior beings?
Don't forget the anal probes. They came halfway across the galaxy just to poke Billy Ray's backside.
jhedrick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #67
baust55
AUSTIN

First Name: JAMES
Trading: (1)
baust55 is on a distinguished road

I have been to Egypt and saw stones that were moved hundreds of miles weighing so much the only machine we have that can move that much is the crawler that moves the space scuttle ??

I also believe most of you have been abducted and analy probed . you just don't want your friends to know .

oh I love sweet potatoes
Old 10-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #68
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

If you want to know how huge stones were moved in the past watch some of the videos here:

http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/

BTW, I find it funny that this guy

or subscriptions to his "logic" resurrected a 4 year old thread.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #69
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

UFOs as in spaceships piloted by aliens? Nope. Oh, I believe they may be out there, but the chances of them having come to earth are incredibly small. Why, you ask? Thanks for asking, I reply.

I know people want to make themselves feel more important than they are, but we're just living on a tiny, insignificant planet that orbits an average, nondescript star. There's nothing really special about our solar system, nothing that would scream out to the rest of the galaxy "Hey, come visit here! They've got awesome french fries!!!"

The only thing that would really flag our system as a point of interest is our radio wave transmissions. We've been making them for about 115 years. Because radio waves travel at the speed of light there is a hypothetical sphere around our planet 115 light years in diameter in which our broadcasts can theoretically be detected. It's extremely doubtful that any transmissions are still strong enough to be detected at that range, even with powerful antennas, but for the sake of argument we'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Human civilization has only been around for the last 10000 years or so, an incredibly tiny and relatively insignificant fraction of the Milky Way's age of 13.2 billion years old. Many, many, many intelligent civilizations may have risen and fallen during those billions of years...or not. I choose to believe that they have. But what are the odds of one existing concurrently with ours and to also be close enough to hear us?

For aliens to have detected our transmissions and visited us, we would need to have a space-faring intelligent race that just happens to be existing relatively close-by at the same time as us, just happens to have faster-than-light ship technology (if this is even physically possible), and just happens to be able to pick up our broadcasts and instead of replying to them decides to send a ship to our planet to stick probes in hick's asses.

Alternatively, the alien race would need to just happen to be flying through our 115ly sphere of hypothetical radio transmissions and just happen to be able to pick up transmissions while travelling FTL, and when they do they divert from whatever their mission is in order to come here and stick probes in hick's asses.

Space is incredibly vast. On the timeline of our galaxy, the odds that any of the above have happened in the relatively minute amount of time human civilization has been around are minuscule. I'd like to believe that someday we'll make contact with another race. I just don't believe it's already happened, and the odds are if it does happen it won't happen for a long, long time.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #70
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Oh, and sweet potatoes are the devil's butt nuggets. I'll stick with real potatoes.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #71
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Yes...

and, I love Sweet Potatoes too

Old 10-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #72
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Most likely had to do with a TARDIS.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #73
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Old 10-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #74
rr_coyote
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kyle
Trading: (1)
rr_coyote is on a distinguished road

I'm in the camp of believing that there may be life on other planets. UFOs.... can't say for sure. So, I'll say no.

Sweet potatoes are delicious.
rr_coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:42 AM   #75
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Where is this trailer park where one lines up for the anal probe?
Old 10-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #76
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation