Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #761
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Wish me luck on my class and qual. on Sunday, gentlemen. I'm not worried about the class, just hope I don't have a gallon or so too much coffee to hit the range without embarrassment.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #762
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
In fact, lets say.... H&K USP .45 final answer

http://www.hkparts.net/Pictures/HK%2...ound%20mag.JPG
K so you've gotten that far... now which one

And it might not just be the USP... the USP mags are interchangeable with one other H&K product line
Old 04-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #763
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Wish me luck on my class and qual. on Sunday, gentlemen. I'm not worried about the class, just hope I don't have a gallon or so too much coffee to hit the range without embarrassment.
Good luck! We are pulling for you
Old 04-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #764
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
In fact, lets say.... H&K USP .45 final answer

http://www.hkparts.net/Pictures/HK%2...ound%20mag.JPG
I'll just say close enough...

H&K USP .45 ACP Compact Tactical

So.... as the story regarding my friend goes. It basically began many years ago where I used to own an H&K USP .45 fullsize. It was much too large for my hands and because of financial issues I had to sell a gun, and it was the immediate choice as it just didn't fit me right. I loved that gun though and regretted selling it ever since. Years ago after that, I saw they had a USP .45 Compact that caught my attention at a gunshow that me and him were at. It fit my hand like a glove and from that day forth it was the handgun I said I would buy the day I won the lottery, because let's face it. H&K's are pricey. I only afforded my old one because I scored a good deal used on it (the reason they go for cheaper used is because they're so friggin big). This smaller one packed a hefty price tag, much higher than I could afford.

So fast forward up till recently. He begins asking me questions about this beast because he remembered I wanted one. It of course started making me lust over it again because it reminded me how much I wanted one. I was a little bummed because he was going to be buying one of these for himself... a gun I've been wanting for many years now.

Later did I find out, this research was in fact for me, as he bought this gun as a wedding present.

I'll get real photos soon, I promise Stock photo above for now.

And the threaded barrel leaves room for some promising upgrades
Old 04-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #765
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Goodluck!!

Keep us posted.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #766
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
I'll just say close enough...

H&K USP .45 ACP Compact Tactical

So.... as the story regarding my friend goes. It basically began many years ago where I used to own an H&K USP .45 fullsize. It was much too large for my hands and because of financial issues I had to sell a gun, and it was the immediate choice as it just didn't fit me right. I loved that gun though and regretted selling it ever since. Years ago after that, I saw they had a USP .45 Compact that caught my attention at a gunshow that me and him were at. It fit my hand like a glove and from that day forth it was the handgun I said I would buy the day I won the lottery, because let's face it. H&K's are pricey. I only afforded my old one because I scored a good deal used on it (the reason they go for cheaper used is because they're so friggin big). This smaller one packed a hefty price tag, much higher than I could afford.

So fast forward up till recently. He begins asking me questions about this beast because he remembered I wanted one. It of course started making me lust over it again because it reminded me how much I wanted one. I was a little bummed because he was going to be buying one of these for himself... a gun I've been wanting for many years now.

Later did I find out, this research was in fact for me, as he bought this gun as a wedding present.

I'll get real photos soon, I promise Stock photo above for now.

And the threaded barrel leaves room for some promising upgrades
Very, very nice! You gotta love the threaded barrel
Old 04-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #767
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Very, very nice! You gotta love the threaded barrel
The bonus is I won't spend money I don't have on a suppressor, as I can't fill out the paperwork while I'm moving from location to location due to school and work

But in time... yes... it will be very nice
Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #768
floydpink
crazy diamond

Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Handgun advice please:

Does anyone have experience with the Springfield Armory XD 9?

I was looking at a nice used one and it really looks nice as well as concealable.

I hear a lot mentioned on Glock 26 27 and 19's, but am in the minority that isn't wild about them.

I realize they are built to withstand anything, but my time in the swamp is very rare and most of my time is on the street and find Glock's a little boxy and uncomfortable ion my hand and felt the XD to fit like a glove.

If I do get it, it will provide a dilemma about whether to carry it or my trust Smith Centennial Airweight 38 special.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #769
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Goodluck!!

Keep us posted.
It went well. Essentially I got personal training from the "guy that wrote the book" about the matter at hand in Minnesota. Just me and a 15 year old kid essentially "auditing" the class (a gift from his rabbi, no less. )
My qual went very well, out of the 30 rounds only 3 were outside the center BM oval on the Transtar II target, the other three were conveniently in the next larger oval. . Those were split between 2 mags of 15 at 15 and 21 feet respectively.I didn't grab it, it would have looked nice in the garage as a reminder.

Last edited by replicant_argent; 04-19-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #770
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

Nice HK, Jordan, the USP is a hell of a platform, I have shot the .40, but not the .45. I enjoyed it immensely, even though it was 15 years ago or so!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #771
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

I don't have any expreience with the XD9, but everyone I have talked with about them really like them. I say go for it.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #772
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Ive shot a couple XDs and find them to be nice pieces for the money. If youre not going to use it for carry I recommend the 5" model.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #773
-MG-

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I don't have any expreience with the XD9, but everyone I have talked with about them really like them. I say go for it.
I've never heard anything about them that would make me think twice about getting one, but I don't have any first hand experience with them either.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #774
SSatVT
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Seth
SSatVT has disabled reputation

I have an xd-40 service and have had no problems with it and factory magazines in the first 500 or so rounds that I have put through it. I do have problems with it returning to battery with a 13rd factory mag that I have though. I, though, can't carry my xd due to its size. I am just too thin (6' 3" 175 lb.) to carry it concealed.

The few people that I know with the xd-9 have reported the same in reliability. I say go for it.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #775
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Handgun advice please:

Does anyone have experience with the Springfield Armory XD 9?

I was looking at a nice used one and it really looks nice as well as concealable.

I hear a lot mentioned on Glock 26 27 and 19's, but am in the minority that isn't wild about them.

I realize they are built to withstand anything, but my time in the swamp is very rare and most of my time is on the street and find Glock's a little boxy and uncomfortable ion my hand and felt the XD to fit like a glove.

If I do get it, it will provide a dilemma about whether to carry it or my trust Smith Centennial Airweight 38 special
My primary carry gun is an XD-M. I will def. give it a
Old 04-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #776
Junior

I have a XD40 Subcompact, and I trust it enough for it to be my wifes carry gun.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #777
hikari
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (0)
Partagas
hikari is on a distinguished road

I will contribute to the thread here are a few of my pic's
In case the pic's don't give it a way im kinda of a Sig guy.

I also do a Shoot-N-Smoke once in a while in Southern California
There is a thread in the Herf area if anyone wants in on the next round.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #778
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

awww... hell, Thomas....

I knew I was gonna need that drooly smiley again eventually.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #779
smokeyandthebandit05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rich
Trading: (1)
smokeyandthebandit05 is on a distinguished road

Is that a SIG556?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #780
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

Nice Sigs... good to know there is another here.

Here's a new to me 229DAK... goes well with my other Sigs.

Closed Thread