Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #741
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: *2009 MLB Thread*

Yankees played a double bone-header yesterday. Glad it was a foreign nation they were stinking up.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #742
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Red Sox
I'd worry about the wild card first.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #743
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Yankees sweep the double header againt the Rays.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #744
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

The Rays are done...
Old 09-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #745
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

With Pena out for the rest of the year I would say so.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #746
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Fernando Rodney of the Tigers was suspended for 3 games today for throwing a ball into the stands in celebration after a game. What is wrong with MLB?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #747
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees win tonight with a walk off HR from Nick Swisher in the bottom of the 9th inning. It was the 13th walk off win for the Yankees this season.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #748
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Yankees win tonight with a walk off HR from Nick Swisher in the bottom of the 9th inning. It was the 13th walk off win for the Yankees this season.
But Jeter is pressing....
yachties23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #749
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachties23 View Post
But Jeter is pressing....
I think you are right.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #750
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think you are right.
I was watching both Mets/Yanks games as I drafted fantasy football team #3 tonight, with the benefit of not having to listen to the broadcasts. I saw 2 of the three strikeouts, he looked terrible, but his last atbat with the lineout to left, he finally looked as if he had his swing back.
yachties23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #751
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

He will get his hits...Jeter is a gamer (as much as that pains me to say...)!!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #752
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The Yankees web site has an acticle talking about what he would have to do to pass Pete Rose in all time hits. He would need 8 years wit han average of 190 hits a year. Not sure if he would be able to do that. Lots of things have to work perfectly over the next 8 years for that to happen.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #753
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Jeter is 35...no way he plays another eight years. Especially at shortstop.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #754
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Jeter is 35...no way he plays another eight years. Especially at shortstop.
Maybe he will become a DH.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #755
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

The Yankee CPT...DHing??
Old 09-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #756
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Congrats to Derek Jeter for tying the great Lou Gehrig last night with 2,721 career hits and the Yankees all-time lead. Jeter went 3-4 in the Yankees win.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #757
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Congrats to Derek Jeter for tying the great Lou Gehrig last night with 2,721 career hits and the Yankees all-time lead. Jeter went 3-4 in the Yankees win.
As much as I hate the Yankees...I have always liked Jeter. He is class through and through. Congrats!!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #758
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
I watched the whole game, very awesome indeed! Crowd is gonna go nuts when he breaks it.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #759
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Crowd already went nuts, when Balfour threw ball four to Jeets in that 8th.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #760
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Crowd already went nuts, when Balfour threw ball four to Jeets in that 8th.
You will not hear a louder boo for a Jeter walk ever again.