Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #741
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
AAlmeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I am a Mossberg fan. I have had quite a few over the years. I have a 590 in the house right now just in case.
I've been a Rem fan. I know that between Mos and Rem (at least with shotguns) you are getting a quality firearm for a reasonable price, but I've been partial to Rems (I have a 500 20ga and a 870 12ga). But after reading the less than favorable reviews of the 5500, and then shooting it after paying next to nothing, I am very pleased.

My just in case is an 870 12ga, with a 18in iron sight smooth bore. In my opinion, one of the best shotgun configurations out there. Cheap slugs good to 80 yards for hunting, good bbl for 00 buck, and I can switch to the field bbl for upland/trap.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #742
cigars_n_scotch

I just saw this on CNBC: titled "Assault Weapons 'Nuts' for Ordinary Citizens http://www.cnbc.com/id/30266124

What a quote from Ed Rendell, Gov. of Pennsylvania :: "Assault weapons are difficult to operate, they jam easily. If you want a gun to protect your home it's the last thing you should have"..

Old 04-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #743
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigars_n_scotch View Post
I just saw this on CNBC: titled "Assault Weapons 'Nuts' for Ordinary Citizens http://www.cnbc.com/id/30266124

What a quote from Ed Rendell, Gov. of Pennsylvania :: "Assault weapons are difficult to operate, they jam easily. If you want a gun to protect your home it's the last thing you should have"..
Nothing like a democrat giving gun advise.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #744
BC-Axeman

A crowbar could be an "assault weapon".
Even a ball point pen could be one.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #745
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Finally found ammo at Walmart! I can go to the range without using my last box now.

They had PLENTY of 9mm for only like $8.50 per box of 50. Almost made me with I had a 9mm to buy ammo for.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #746
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
Finally found ammo at Walmart! I can go to the range without using my last box now.

They had PLENTY of 9mm for only like $8.50 per box of 50. Almost made me with I had a 9mm to buy ammo for.

My range actually had Speer Gold Dot short barrel ammo for my 38 the other day as well as wad cutters for target. First time in a LONG time.

Maybe the post election panic has ended and the market is about to be flooded with cheap ammo and hardly used handguns......
Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #747
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAlmeter View Post
I've been a Rem fan. I know that between Mos and Rem (at least with shotguns) you are getting a quality firearm for a reasonable price, but I've been partial to Rems (I have a 500 20ga and a 870 12ga). But after reading the less than favorable reviews of the 5500, and then shooting it after paying next to nothing, I am very pleased.

My just in case is an 870 12ga, with a 18in iron sight smooth bore. In my opinion, one of the best shotgun configurations out there. Cheap slugs good to 80 yards for hunting, good bbl for 00 buck, and I can switch to the field bbl for upland/trap.
Well I am kind of the opposite. The reason I prefer the Mos is the safety. I prefer where it is on the mossy vs the Rem. I have one of the upper end Mos shotguns the 590, and it is great. The only thing I am going to have to do is put ghost ring sights on it. Rems are great guns have used the wingmasters a many of times while hunting, and it was a beautiful gun.

You know how it is to each his own.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #748
BC-Axeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
My range actually had Speer Gold Dot short barrel ammo for my 38 the other day as well as wad cutters for target. First time in a LONG time.

Maybe the post election panic has ended and the market is about to be flooded with cheap ammo and hardly used handguns......
That's what I am waiting for. I jumped on some good deals quickly, before stock all ran out. Now I'm waiting for the over-restocking to hit so the prices will have to drop back down. I don't see it happening too soon. I was reading that some manufacturers are a year backordered.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #749
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Did pick up a box of Winchester Ranger today at a fun shop as well. Two years ago I was seeing defense rounds at $25 per box of $50, so just over $30 isn't near as big of an increase as the target rounds have seen. I still think it's too expensive though, but it took ever defense round I had to fill my existing clips so I wanted to have one spare box.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #750
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Well I am kind of the opposite. The reason I prefer the Mos is the safety. I prefer where it is on the mossy vs the Rem. I have one of the upper end Mos shotguns the 590, and it is great. The only thing I am going to have to do is put ghost ring sights on it. Rems are great guns have used the wingmasters a many of times while hunting, and it was a beautiful gun.

You know how it is to each his own.
I think most people would agree with you on that one. But after shooting the Rem so often (was my first gun), it is second nature to me. The location on the Moss is very convenient and intuitive though.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #751
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigars_n_scotch View Post

Wow...

"They fire at short range, they put out a ton of fire at one time, and they are very powerful. The three Pittsburgh officers who were killed, one was killed by an AK-47. The AK was so powerful that from a house a long distance away, it blew through a uh, uh, uh police car, it just absolutely blew through the police car."

I need to get one of these new short range long distance AK's that can absolutely blow through cars!

This fat F'er is one large scale DB
Old 04-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #752
BC-Axeman

And you can use it as a fire extinguisher, "they put out a ton of fire at one time", amazing!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #753
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
Did pick up a box of Winchester Ranger today at a fun shop as well. Two years ago I was seeing defense rounds at $25 per box of $50, so just over $30 isn't near as big of an increase as the target rounds have seen. I still think it's too expensive though, but it took ever defense round I had to fill my existing clips -> mags so I wanted to have one spare box.
Magazines

Yokels and rednecks say clips. Gun enthusiasts say mags.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #754
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
I was notified today by one of my groomsmen that my wedding gift was a little earlier than expected. Due to the gun rush, he bought it when he saw it and had to ruin the surprise, because he needed me to go do the background check.

So..... I found out what's coming. It's small, it's black and it makes a lot of noise.

I'll post pics next week when it arrives in the shop. I'm a little anxious.
Little update and a little bit of a teaser pic.

Based on the clues provided in this pic, a well rounded gun person should be able to narrow it instantly down to one of 4 handguns.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:50 PM   #755
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Kel-Tec P3AT?
S&W M&P?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #756
-MG-

Quote:
Little update and a little bit of a teaser pic.

Based on the clues provided in this pic, a well rounded gun person should be able to narrow it instantly down to one of 4 handguns.

Am I extra tired, or is that loaded backwards?

Old 04-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #757
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
Am I extra tired, or is that loaded backwards?
It is.... and it might just be a clue.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #758
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Kahr?
Ruger LCP?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #759
-MG-

Quote:
It is.... and it might just be a clue.
Going for partial credit here... looks like an HK mag..

Old 04-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #760
-MG-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
Going for partial credit here... looks like an HK mag..
In fact, lets say.... H&K USP .45 final answer

http://www.hkparts.net/Pictures/HK%2...ound%20mag.JPG

Closed Thread