Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #641
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL 2013 Thread

Great goaltending duel by Crawford and Bobrovsky tonight in Ohio....Toews and Kane get the Hawks a shootout win, hopefully the start of another streak of Ws.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #642
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

That OT was one of the best in recent memory Tom. Crazy end to end action. Favorite goal of the shootout was Anisimovs. That backhand roof shot was dirty. Got to teach the little man that one.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #643
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
That OT was one of the best in recent memory Tom. Crazy end to end action. Favorite goal of the shootout was Anisimovs. That backhand roof shot was dirty. Got to teach the little man that one.
I commented to guys at work that that was one of the best backhand goals I have ever seen. Agreed, Mike, for about 2 straight minutes it was back to back rushes with great chances.

Sharks are tearing up the Kings, should be a wild finish there too.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #644
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Knew they would implode a little at the end. Glad they hung on.
Murray has got to be one of the slowest defensemen in the league. I think my kid could hang with him And hes making a lot of bad mistakes. Didnt like the fact that in the 3rd the Kings got away with multiple penalties with no call. I know they let them play, but hauling someone down has to he called.

Saturday is going to ba a nasty game as this one almost got away from the refs.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:00 AM   #645
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
Nice win by the Wild tonight! Suter and Parise with two assists each. We are really seeing why they are getting paid like they are. Cullen has been playing like a man possessed lately as well.
For a shortened season, this is really shaping up to be a lot of fun!
That Suter to Parise to Koivu goal was one of the prettiest goals I've seen all year. Also got a kick out of the comments at Hockeyfights.com for the Clutterbuck/Kobesew fight. They wished Hall had really taken him out a week ago. Said he was worse than Lapierre and Burrows combined!!! I know Clutterbuck probably pisses other teams' fans off because he hits everything, everytime, but at least his hits are clean!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #646
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
That Suter to Parise to Koivu goal was one of the prettiest goals I've seen all year. Also got a kick out of the comments at Hockeyfights.com for the Clutterbuck/Kobesew fight. They wished Hall had really taken him out a week ago. Said he was worse than Lapierre and Burrows combined!!! I know Clutterbuck probably pisses other teams' fans off because he hits everything, everytime, but at least his hits are clean!
It was indeed a beautiful goal! The fact that Parise was able to catch the pass, much less get off a beautiful feed to Koivu was simply a joy to watch!
Clutterbuck does in fact hit everything, but on the hit that prompted that fight, I actually thought he could have been called for boarding. He came off the bench and went straight for the hit by the penalty box. But your point is well made. His hits are almost always clean.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #647
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Uuuuuuuggh brutal game for Sharks. I keep wondering when they are going to make a change.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #648
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Uuuuuuuggh brutal game for Sharks. I keep wondering when they are going to make a change.
I am guessing sooner than later, Mike.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #649
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am guessing sooner than later, Mike.
Well they are playing Anaheim monday who is red hot and has won last 11 home games. Wondering what they will do.

How can you fire Mclellan. http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...beating-kings/

What do you do? I would like to see a major D over haul. I think Murray, Boyle, and possibly V
Pickles could be moved. Its just ugly to watch the D these days.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #650
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Ducks have the misfortune of having an awesome season the same time as the Hawks... they have been breathing right down the Hawks' necks from the beginning, but only the hard-core fans realize how great they are playing.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #651
mahtofire14

Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Big game tonight for the Wild and they look good already. Peppering Luongo so far. Would love to see them blow them out of their own building!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #652
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Team is officially a Fuc&ing disaster.
Sharks give up 2 goals in 34 seconds. They call a timeout and almost get scored on after timeout. Couture draws a penalty. You would think good things would happen. Nope Sharks give up a short handed goal. Within a few minutes game goes from 1-1 to 4-1.

Hate saying it, but at this point something has to be done. The other day on NHL network they were listed as the biggest disappointment in the West. Seems like D is consistently not getting back.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #653
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Well Mike, at least your not an Avs fan....
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #654
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Redemption for the Hawks.

Pat Foley (Hawks play by play guy) said he thought the Avs win against the Hawks a week ago would be a turning point for them...instead, they eeked out a win Vs the Sharks and now have lost 4 straight....last place in the West. They have so much talent up front, I am not sure where the problem lies.

With the Sharks, it's pretty apparent that D is the problem.

Mike and E.J., hope both teams get it straightened out for the fans' sake.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #655
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
Big game tonight for the Wild and they look good already. Peppering Luongo so far. Would love to see them blow them out of their own building!
Great win, by a team that is playing well from top to bottom right now. Getting good minutes and effort from all four lines. Backstrom has been really solid bordering on spectacular. Bouchard has really responded after being a healthy scratch for three games. He has that 2nd line really hopping.
Brodin is a very skilled young defenseman who is getting a ton of minutes for a rookie. Fun team to watch right now.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #656
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
With the Sharks, it's pretty apparent that D is the problem.

Mike and E.J., hope both teams get it straightened out for the fans' sake.
Honestly watching less of them and more of other teams. I am struggling to listen to the announcers on both radio and tv candy coating things. Thank full for GCL. Plenty of teams playing exciting hockey to follow. Hell the Jackets are playing more exciting hockey then the Sharks.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #657
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
Great win, by a team that is playing well from top to bottom right now. Getting good minutes and effort from all four lines. Backstrom has been really solid bordering on spectacular. Bouchard has really responded after being a healthy scratch for three games. He has that 2nd line really hopping.
Brodin is a very skilled young defenseman who is getting a ton of minutes for a rookie. Fun team to watch right now.
Yes. Brodin is really impressive. So calm with the puck and now he's starting to find his scoring touch. Gotta think Suter has helped him a great deal. I agree completely with Bouchard. He was playing worse than I'd ever seen him play, they scratch him for three games and now he's playing the best hockey I've ever seen him play. Looks like a mini Parise with how hard he's working out there.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #658
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Rask fails again, it's one thing to have a really solid D in front of you to make you look like a great goalie....but at some point you have to be able to stop shots when it counts.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #659
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Two best teams in the West tomorrow night, the Hawks with 2 regulation losses and the Ducks with 3.

No Perry for Anaheim (suspended), no Hossa for Chciago (injured). All 4 goaltenders playing lights out all season...should be a great game.

Let's Go Hawks!

Side note....the Coyotes have been shutout 3 straight games, and have no goals through 2 periods tonight against LA. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of pr*cks.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #660
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Stupid Bruins
Closed Thread