Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 09-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #641
Dux
Lebowski Urban Achiever!

Trading: (24)
Partagas
Dux has disabled reputation
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Keep up the good work I know I have about 100Lb I can loose so I might join the fun
Dux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #642
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dux View Post
Keep up the good work I know I have about 100Lb I can loose so I might join the fun
The more the merrier. We'd love to have you join us.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #643
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

191.4 this morning. 6.4 more pounds to go, and I have to figure out a way to maintain. That's 58.6 pounds so far.
I ate enough in the last two days to kill a normal man. lol
Old 09-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #644
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

been sick as hell and eating crappy cuz all ive been craving is comfort food, and its far from healthy ;/ hope i dont gain everything i lost back
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #645
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

12# off since last Thursday. Tuna Diet is working well!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #646
Dux
Lebowski Urban Achiever!

Partagas

Time for a salad
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #647
12stones
Yo Mama is so...

First Name: Ricky
Trading: (1)
RA MarineCorps (Disabled Vet)
12stones will become famous soon enough

Morning all. Just wanted to check in. I lost my way and ended up back on Phase I of South Beach. So far, I'm down 6lbs from last Sunday. I'm looking to make it into the 180s!!
12stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #648
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12stones View Post
Morning all. Just wanted to check in. I lost my way and ended up back on Phase I of South Beach. So far, I'm down 6lbs from last Sunday. I'm looking to make it into the 180s!!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #649
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I think I may have run out of fat. .6 pounds away from "I lost 60 pounds." and just 5.6 pounds from my 185 target.
Being it's the weekend, I'll probably eat everything in sight for the next couple days.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #650
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
216.2 this morning, 218.6 right now, all fed and hydrated.
I haven't seen 216 for 10 years.
I'd be even better, but I had a date for lunch and ate a crab cake and 5 glasses of lemon water. Ate all the green stuff, too. It was at Ruby Tuesday's, it was good, too.
The date went real well, too. A chick my age. Too smart and good looking though. She's got way too much sense to get mixed up with me.
That post was from 6/15.
Turns out she didn't have all that much sense, after all.
Lisa and I were talking this evening about dinner and she mentioned surf and turf burgers at Applebees.
Somehow that came around to Salmon patties and crab cakes, and she mentioned the crab cakes at Ruby Tuesday's. I told her I thought I remembered having crab cakes when we went out "way back when".
Amazing how things change in a few short months.
I'm 25 pounds lighter and one good woman heavier.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:11 AM   #651
kayaker

Well mark that as a really crappy finish to the week. I managed to gain almost 8 lbs.

I think I must be retaining water. Could it be that time of the month again already?

On a positive note, I tried on the suit I got married in 9 years ago and it still fit. The pants were just a touch snug and the jacket was just a little tight in the shoulders. Still passable though, as long as this "water" comes back off again soon.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #652
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
I think I may have run out of fat. .6 pounds away from "I lost 60 pounds." and just 5.6 pounds from my 185 target.
Being it's the weekend, I'll probably eat everything in sight for the next couple days.
That's My Problem, too, Scott! You Have To "Take a Break", sometime, though. Weekends work for me! Now If I could just quit drinking Beer!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #653
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
That's My Problem, too, Scott! You Have To "Take a Break", sometime, though. Weekends work for me! Now If I could just quit drinking Beer!
I quit drinking beer about seven years ago and gained about 40 pounds.
Be careful what you wish for.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #654
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That post was from 6/15.
Turns out she didn't have all that much sense, after all.
Lisa and I were talking this evening about dinner and she mentioned surf and turf burgers at Applebees.
Somehow that came around to Salmon patties and crab cakes, and she mentioned the crab cakes at Ruby Tuesday's. I told her I thought I remembered having crab cakes when we went out "way back when".
Amazing how things change in a few short months.
I'm 25 pounds lighter and one good woman heavier.
Awesome deal, Scott.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post

I think I must be retaining water. Could it be that time of the month again already?

Insert quote here.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #655
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Great website to track dietary habits and exercise and it's absolutely free. If you like it give BORIStheBlade some rep. He's the one who found it.
The food log is awesome! They have a huge database. You type in the food and it counts the nutritional info for you.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...59&postcount=1

Insert quote here.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #656
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Great website to track dietary habits and exercise and it's absolutely free. If you like it give BORIStheBlade some rep. He's the one who found it.
The food log is awesome! They have a huge database. You type in the food and it counts the nutritional info for you.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...59&postcount=1
Using this over the past two days. I love it so far. nutrimirror.com

Insert quote here.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #657
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I'm going to jump into the mix...I've been a yo-yo guy since college in the mid-90's. I've tried Weight Watchers and Atkins and had success with both, but after awhile, lost interest.

I'm now 35 and was diagnosed with spinal stenosis in my lower back. I have 2 vertebrae with spurs that has compressed a disc against my lower spine which I will undergo surgery to fix that. It causes some numbness/tingling in my legs from time to time that I just attributed to being out of shape. The risk of doing nothing eventually leads to the function decreasing over time and once I lose something, it's not likely that I would ever recover from that. I'm hoping to get the surgery done with by the end of the month. As the doctor said, any additional pressure I can take off by losing my gut, the better off I'll be.

Anyway, I'm going to be doing Weight Watchers for this in addition to doing spinning classes at LA Fitness 6 times/week. I was doing the class regularly and then got out of the fold, particularly when I lost my job in July. Weight Watchers has an iPhone application that I just downloaded, so there's no excuse for me venturing off my plan.

Anyway, I'm starting on the plan tomorrow morning and will give this thing a go.

Starting weight: 238.4
Goal weight: 180
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:30 AM   #658
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Still can't break that 190 barrier. That was only .4 pounds in five days. It's been 1.6 pounds a week for months. I really do think I've run out of fat.
I've slowly started eating a bit more, too, with my change in meds.
I'm leaving for Ohio today to hang out with Lisa for a few days, she'll make me eat.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #659
Dux
Lebowski Urban Achiever!

Partagas

Iv been stuck on the same 8lbs. I loose 8 I gain 8
Old 10-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #660
kayaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dux View Post
Iv been stuck on the same 8lbs. I loose 8 I gain 8
I hear you. I've been hovering around 235 for years. I may lose 5 lbs or so or gain 5-10, but I always come back.