Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #641
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Trading: (4)
Partagas
baldanders is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Need more Bruins Fans in this thread! Go Bruins!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #642
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Trading: (4)
Partagas
baldanders is on a distinguished road

Tuukka Rask Chat tonight at 7
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?...id=DL|BOS|home
Old 12-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #643
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldanders View Post
Need more Bruins Fans in this thread! Go Bruins!
And take the Celtics with you!!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #644
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (19)
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road

Going to my first game of the season at Staples Center tonight. Good time to go. Kings are 5-0-1 in the last six and are winning with secondary scoring, always a major weakness for them. Actually, so is primary scoring.

Who could have predicted earlier this season that a game against Phoenix would be not only meaningful, but most likely very entertaining. I'll be looking forward to what the Kings can do when Smyth returns. Go Kings!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #645
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by romwarrior View Post
Going to my first game of the season at Staples Center tonight. Good time to go. Kings are 5-0-1 in the last six and are winning with secondary scoring, always a major weakness for them. Actually, so is primary scoring.

Who could have predicted earlier this season that a game against Phoenix would be not only meaningful, but most likely very entertaining. I'll be looking forward to what the Kings can do when Smyth returns. Go Kings!
Root for Justin Williams for me... former Hurricane!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #646
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (19)
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Root for Justin Williams for me... former Hurricane!
Will do. He's been playing great lately. I think he's FINALLY feeling close to 100% after almost a year...
Old 12-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #647
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

For anyone that has a windows mobile or symbian phone skyfire just released its new browser 1.5. If you dont know they It works very well with sites like justin.tv and ustream.tv
Last night at work I was driving around in the patrol car while streaming the game on my phone.

Unlike the iphone which I believe only does ustream and needs wifi to work. This runs off the network or the wifi if your phone has that feature.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #648
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Patrick Kane's return to Buffalo tonight. Hope he doesn't miss the team bus, he might have a hard time getting a cab in Buffalo.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #649
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Just heard this today...

After waiting for weeks to get Eric Staal and Cam Ward back, Chad LaRose and Erik Cole are now down for a few weeks.

Just one of those seasons...
Old 12-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #650
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Hawks couldn't solve Lalime tonight.

Lightning at home on Saturday, hopefully back to the win column.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #651
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

'Nother shoot out win for the Avs tonight.

Both Anderson and Niitty played well tonight.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #652
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
'Nother shoot out win for the Avs tonight.

Both Anderson and Niitty played well tonight.
Hope Niitti blew his load tonight as he faces the Hawks Sunday.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #653
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Pierre LeBrun's blog from ESPN today:

Quote:
Chelios enjoying his time with AHL's Wolves

When Chris Chelios turns 48 next month, it might just happen during one of those AHL bus trips.

If that's an image that makes you feel bad for the future Hockey Hall of Famer, don't. Chelios is absolutely having a blast.

"I'm really enjoying myself," Chelios told ESPN.com on Thursday.

And it shows on the stats sheet, where the blueliner had 10 points (2-8) and was a plus-9 over 17 games with the Chicago Wolves entering weekend play, getting the kind of ice time he hasn't received in years.

Well worth the bus trips.

"Actually, the travel hasn't been bad at all," Chelios said. "I'm facing my first six-hour bus ride this weekend. It's been good."

I was genuinely surprised by his upbeat mood over the phone. I mean, I figured since we're in December and he still hasn't signed an NHL gig, Chelios might be sour on life. Quite the opposite.

"I'm happy with the way things are going for myself," Chelios said. "It would be tough to leave here as the season goes on, just to be a seventh defenseman for some NHL team in the playoffs."

Yes, you heard right. The greatest American player to ever don the blades will not jump at any NHL offer. It will depend. Or so he says.

"No, it wouldn't make sense to be honest with you," said Chelios. "It would have to be the right situation. I guess unless Detroit came to me if they sustained more significant injuries. I'd have to think about it. But I'm enjoying myself here. As bad as I want to play in the NHL, I want to play. That's the main thing."

He's had NHL nibbles. The Phoenix Coyotes took a look at him last month when they were beset by injuries, but Chelios decided not to go that route. And there was another NHL team with serious interest.

"I had one pretty good [NHL] offer and decided not to take it," said Chelios. "They had some minor injuries but ... I don't know. I might change my mind later this year if an NHL team was making a legitimate run at it and wanted help. But right now, I'm really enjoying myself here and I'd rather play 20 minutes here than go to the NHL and just be a safety valve or insurance for a team. It wouldn't be fair to the Wolves, either, leaving at the trade deadline or something like that."

His 25-game contract with the Wolves is nearing its end. Chelios wasn't totally sure what the rules were on renewing it, but knew he wanted to keep on going.

"Unlimited," AHL president Dave Andrews told ESPN.com via e-mail. "The tryout agreements obviously provide the player an opportunity to sign elsewhere after 25 games, but he can re-sign in Chicago if the offer is made."

Why quit now? He's not even the oldest pro in the game anymore. Not with 51-year-old Slava Fetisov coming back to play a KHL game Friday.

"I heard that. Good for him," Chelios said with a laugh. "He's making me look good."

Chelios actually had interest from KHL teams last summer, but decided to stay closer to home. He has one son at Michigan State and the other living with him in Chicago. It's been ideal from that point of view.

"If this is the way it's going to end, it's a pretty good way for it to end," said Chelios. "Because I'm enjoying getting to see my kids and I'm getting to play and enjoying my time with the Wolves."

It's not always about the money.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #654
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Your Sharks headed to a shootout with Dallas, MIke.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #655
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Stars win in an 11 round shootout...wow.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #656
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Wings win in OT 2 nights in a row Beruzzi 4 goals in 2 games, and he got both game winners in OT. Now if Datsuyk can wake up we can be more consistent.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #657
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Wings win in OT 2 nights in a row Beruzzi 4 goals in 2 games, and he got both game winners in OT. Now if Datsuyk can wake up we can be more consistent.
Datsuyk better wake up, necause I predict Bertuzzi taking another 20 game nap starting next week, Christos.

Hawks v Lightning tonight...Hawks are not scoring, and that should be their bread and butter with Hossa, Toews, Kane, Sharp and Versteeg in the line-up. They need to get on track soon, or they will watch Nashville and Detroit close the gap fast.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #658
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Datsuyk better wake up, necause I predict Bertuzzi taking another 20 game nap starting next week, Christos.

Hawks v Lightning tonight...Hawks are not scoring, and that should be their bread and butter with Hossa, Toews, Kane, Sharp and Versteeg in the line-up. They need to get on track soon, or they will watch Nashville and Detroit close the gap fast.
Maybe the Russian mafia need to call him and threaten him.

Maybe there isn't enough puck to go around for your team? Like you said with that lineup nobody should be able to stop them..
Old 12-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #659
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Maybe the Russian mafia need to call him and threaten him.

Maybe there isn't enough puck to go around for your team? Like you said with that lineup nobody should be able to stop them..
They spend too much time the last few weeks looking for the ESPN highlight passing play instead of getting the puck to the net. Sometimes you just need to use the K.I.S.S. principle to have success....hope Q is listening.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #660
White97Jimmy
Puff on this

First Name: James
Trading: (1)
RA
White97Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I'm glad that Big Bert is getting some breaks his way. A lot of Detroiters were giving the Wings crap for re-signing him considering his last run with Detroit. Hopefully he can stay healthy and consistent.

Now only if Datsyuk could stay consistent. That would help out a ton.
Closed Thread