Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #6501
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

After 3 months of olympic lifting and multiple ligament injuries, I'm going back to hypertrophy based training.. Nothing major happened but felt like I needed to switch things up.

Today was legs and I got the biggest pump in them in a long time. Hitting them with multiple exercises and in different ways they definitely responded. Hoping to make some big gains
Old 04-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #6502
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Get big(ger)!, Son!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #6503
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Felt good to take the weekend off and simply relax. Up early at 04:35 for a great 45min walk with the dawg, and then to the garage:

Standing reverse curls x4/8reps
Standing bicep curls x4/8reps
Standing french press x4/8reps
Standing upright row x4/8reps
Standing press x4/8reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Today was legs and I got the biggest pump in them in a long time. Hitting them with multiple exercises and in different ways they definitely responded. Hoping to make some big gains...
Good wo Christos...
Old 04-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #6504
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

question for you guys; Am I hurting myself by doing full body everyday? I feel good so far and have been doing this routine for about 2 months now. Its basically full body on Monday and Tuesday. Wed it's full body with a focus on shoulders and and tri's. Thursday its full body with focus on back and bi's. Friday full body with focus on chest and legs.

An example would be Wed:

Flat bench DB press
Cable pull downs
db shoulder press
db lat raises
db reverse flys
db front shoulder raises
db preacher curls
cable curls
reverse curls
hammers
cable rope pull downs
squats

I definitely feel stronger, and I figure if I'm not doing anything negative to my body I'll keep this up until I need surgery in a few months. I just need to throw in some cardio and stop eating so damn much.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #6505
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

It may produce results in the relatiove short term, Greg, and sounds like it has. As some point you will get overtrained and/or stagnant, and I would suggest moving to a split routine at that point.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #6506
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
question for you guys; Am I hurting myself by doing full body everyday? I feel good so far and have been doing this routine for about 2 months now. Its basically full body on Monday and Tuesday. Wed it's full body with a focus on shoulders and and tri's. Thursday its full body with focus on back and bi's. Friday full body with focus on chest and legs.

I definitely feel stronger, and I figure if I'm not doing anything negative to my body I'll keep this up until I need surgery in a few months. I just need to throw in some cardio and stop eating so damn much.
Recovery is just as important as exercise. So letting your body rest is a must. Muscles need to rest in order to grow and working them everyday will not help them heal. You won't experience maximum strength gains that way either.

If you do decide to continue to do full body training, I suggest you break it up and do it nonconsecutive days, that way you are not over training.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #6507
jdakine
Sawadee

First Name: Jay
Trading: (34)
Partagas
jdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura about

Finally got back into the gym last night for Chest & triceps. Felt good to work out, however I realized I have a tooth acke. Off to the dentist in a few hours
Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #6508
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Hyde pre work out was put to use today for a heavy back day.

wide grip pulls ---- close grip lat pull downs
chin ups 3x10
T-Bar row 4x6
Hammer strength single arm pull downs 4x5
DB row ---- bent over flys

So my take on Hyde: 400 mg of caffeine, and of course our beloved 1,3 dma and a few other extracts that I have no idea what it means.

Focus and energy 8/10
Strength 7.5/10

It was right around $34, for 40 or so servings. I decided to go with the watermelon flavor, not too bad but I like the sour taste more. I usually take new pwo on a empty stomach to get the "full effect." Within 5 minutes, I felt the tingles setting in. Once I started training, the pump felt pretty damn good. Overall, it's a good pwo but that being said, it was just one day. I will give another report tomorrow. I did exactly one scoop, I may add a little extra tomorrow.

Oh, almost forgot, there is another pwo out there as well called Mr.Hyde, this is just Hyde.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #6509
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Sounds like another one to try.....Just for future reference, 3 of the flavors are $29.95 at FitRX.com, Huy.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #6510
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

Thanks Tom, but after shipping, it comes out to be exactly what I pay. Plus I like to support my local shop. Unless it comes to protein.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #6511
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
Thanks Tom, but after shipping, it comes out to be exactly what I pay. Plus I like to support my local shop. Unless it comes to protein.
Totally understand on supporting your local store, Huy. FitRX has some good prices and sales on protein, and if you sign up for their e-mails, you usually get at least one free shipping code every month.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #6512
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

Shoulders early today.

BB upright row 4x5
seated db press 4x6
db lat raises 8x10
cable lat raises 4x8
rope slams 3x30 seconds

2nd day on Hyde. Focus and energy was 100% there. Strength, felt pretty damn good on first two exercises. Put up 85lb db on presses with no spot. After the two exercises, it just went down hill. Have legs tomorrow, may take it light even thought I wanted to do heavy all week. My lower back is still not up to par.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #6513
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

One of these days I'll get back into the gym.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #6514
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Defect View Post
One of these days I'll get back into the gym.
Me too....tomorrow.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #6515
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Me too....tomorrow.
Not that soon for me, but it will happen.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #6516
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
I learned this very quickly especially doing Olympic lifts. No way you will be able to sustain this for a long period of time. Your nervous system will crash and that is the worst feeling in the world. You aren't allowing for recovery and that is very important if you want to reap the benefits from lifting.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #6517
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

My legs are about to explode. Front and back squats today. Along with clean and jerks.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #6518
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

11 hours at work today. Didn't want to go to the gym at 7p. My gym partner said f this I'm going home. I still went. Chest day sucked without a spotter.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #6519
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

One of the most frustrating things for me... taking a pre sup and then not even going to the gym!

On the way to the gym yesterday to do legs, got a call that I need to be home for a delivery. Ughhh, made a U-turn back home... 4 hours later it was leg time.

Front squats 5x5
Hack squats 5x5
DB lunges 4x10
Single leg lying curls ---- box jumps 4x6

Today was chest, but just made it simple and focused much more on the upper pecs

Incline BB 3x5
Incline db flys 3x 8,6,6,4
flat db flys 3x6
weighted dips 4xfailure

and threw in some abs

Not sure if I'm feeling the Hyde, Tom.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #6520
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I know that "take the PW and something somes up" moment, Huy!

OK, I get to skip the Hyde,, thanks for the tip.

Chest day today, felt strong. Started a new cycle of PH yesterday, see if it makes a difference in a couple/few weeks.

Closed Thread