Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #5821
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

I was lucky, never had any gynecomastia issues, even before my current career when I dabbled in some illegal supplements for a time (26+ years ago).

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #5822
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

I'm way too afraid of getting B**** Tits, so I always take an E-blocker and a T-boost as a post cycle. as for during, I usually just take a liver support or just milk thistle pills.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #5823
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nub View Post
I do ab work strictly for core strength. Ab definition is built in the kitchen.
I'm going more for the core strength and a little of fat burning. I'll never have ripped abs. I've always said "regular weight/strength training takes discipline but ab work takes character". Even though I'm giving it ANOTHER try I'm convinced I don't have what it takes for ripped abs. This was confirmed as I was eating cheesecake 11:30 last night.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #5824
the nub
Papa Chino

Trading: (2)
LGC
the nub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I'm going more for the core strength and a little of fat burning. I'll never have ripped abs. I've always said "regular weight/strength training takes discipline but ab work takes character". Even though I'm giving it ANOTHER try I'm convinced I don't have what it takes for ripped abs. This was confirmed as I was eating cheesecake 11:30 last night.
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.

I'm 45 and in the best shape of my life. I eat donuts, chocolate, pizza, etc. I made home made pizza last weekend and ate four 11" pizzas to myself. I don't do cardio because I hate it. I do 5 sets of abs, 3X week. Abs show up when you eat fewer calories than you burn.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #5825
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nub View Post
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.

I'm 45 and in the best shape of my life. I eat donuts, chocolate, pizza, etc. I made home made pizza last weekend and ate four 11" pizzas to myself. I don't do cardio because I hate it. I do 5 sets of abs, 3X week. Abs show up when you eat fewer calories than you burn.
Well crap...now I'm hungry.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #5826
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

went to GNC to re-up on protein.... the guy there was really trying to steer me towards the Re-Built Mass product. Any thoughts on that?

I ended up getting the ON Gold Standard Whey...
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #5827
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
went to GNC to re-up on protein.... the guy there was really trying to steer me towards the Re-Built Mass product. Any thoughts on that?

I ended up getting the ON Gold Standard Whey...
Personally, depends on the goal you want. Mass gainers, like the one I've been taking, can have as much as 1250 calories, 250g carbs, and 50+g of protein in a single serving (which is too high for some people). I'm trying to put on weight and muscle currently, and it's really worked well for me. I also take half a serving of gainer after workouts and before bed to put back carbs and other nutrients into my body. If you're trying to strictly gain muscle and have a decent amount of body fat, then Whey Protein is prolly the way to go I used to be extremely skinny, but now stand at 6'0" and 200 pounds -- 35 pounds in one year!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #5828
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gainers.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR1205 View Post
can have as much as 1250 calories, 250g carbs, and 50+g of protein in a single serving
ON Serious Mass?

What you can do as well is cut the serving in half if it is too much. I've heard people having great success with taking half a serving of ON Serious Mass for twice as long.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #5829
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gainers.htm

ON Serious Mass?

What you can do as well is cut the serving in half if it is too much. I've heard people having great success with taking half a serving of ON Serious Mass for twice as long.
Exactly! Sounds like you've used it before. The normal scoops are ENORMOUS, and they practically fill my shaker bottle more than half way. That's why I halve my servings. Plus it makes it last longer, which means I can get more cigars instead
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #5830
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Nope, I actually haven't. I've just read into it heavily. I will probably go on it in a few months.

I noticed the 334 G scoop and I knew that was a RIDICULOUS size serving, 10 times a normal protein shak. So I read about it and people were cutting it in half. An extra 625 calories + milk if you use it was more than enough for most people.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #5831
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 on 7/5/12
Yup, I'm gonna try it too....just ordered from Amazon.
Company didn't ship until 7/13, not too impressed with them at this point.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #5832
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

If you haven't already looked at it, I've found Supplement Warehouse to be incredibly cheap...5lb of ON Gold Standard and 12lb of Serious Mass all >$100 if I do remember correctly...Heck of a lot better than paying retail
Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #5833
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
If you haven't already looked at it, I've found Supplement Warehouse to be incredibly cheap...5lb of ON Gold Standard and 12lb of Serious Mass all >$100 if I do remember correctly...Heck of a lot better than paying retail
I buy my Acetyl-L Carnitine and Zinc Picolinate from them.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #5834
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Quote:
Personally, depends on the goal you want. Mass gainers, like the one I've been taking, can have as much as 1250 calories, 250g carbs, and 50+g of protein in a single serving (which is too high for some people). I'm trying to put on weight and muscle currently, and it's really worked well for me. I also take half a serving of gainer after workouts and before bed to put back carbs and other nutrients into my body. If you're trying to strictly gain muscle and have a decent amount of body fat, then Whey Protein is prolly the way to go I used to be extremely skinny, but now stand at 6'0" and 200 pounds -- 35 pounds in one year!
I'm still debating how much weight I wanna put on (assuming I can, I have a rather quick metabolism). I'm 5'9" and up to around 150 now
Old 07-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #5835
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Company didn't ship until 7/13, not too impressed with them at this point.
Weird. I placed an order on the third (bought two tubs) and it arrived on the fifth.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #5836
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Weird. I placed an order on the third (bought two tubs) and it arrived on the fifth.
Was it purchased through "The Natural Health Shoppe" on Amazon Marketplace, Stephen?

Took them 8 days to even ship (if it was backordered, they should have told me). Then it got hung up in Indiana for 3 days....looks like it's finally on the move again today.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #5837
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

Quote:
Was it purchased through "The Natural Health Shoppe" on Amazon Marketplace, Stephen?

Took them 8 days to even ship (if it was backordered, they should have told me). Then it got hung up in Indiana for 3 days....looks like it's finally on the move again today.
Really wierd...I experienced the same problem with that distributor when I bought Beta Alanine
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #5838
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

No sir, I purchased directly from Amazon (Prime member; free two day shipping). I went and looked at, "The Naturall Health Shoppe" on Amazon and noticed that they have this blurb under their produts:

Quote:
Processing takes an additional 4 to 5 days for orders from this seller.
Ships from and sold by The Natural Health Shoppe. Gift-wrap available.
*edit* Looking around, it doesn't even look like Amazon is selling it directly now. Bastages.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #5839
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

*edit* Looking around, it doesn't even look like Amazon is selling it directly now. Bastages.
Thanks, Stephen...yup, I didn't have the option to buy it direct, possibly because one of the ingredients has been banned by the FDA?

Old 07-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #5840
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Really wierd...I experienced the same problem with that distributor when I bought Beta Alanine
Funny....the day after I bought it, they provided a USPS Delivery Confirmation number.

That number was no good, and when I e-mailed them, they sent me a completely different DC number.

Closed Thread