Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #561
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 2

I always look forward to Brads posts after the episode.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #562
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

What about Rob Zombie?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #563
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malazan View Post
I want a Zombie to get pregnant, so the little baby zombie eats it's way out, and then goes on a killing spree. Maybe some super Zombie Hybrid, that can think and move quick
It'd be great to see a baby zombie crawling after people. It should be easy to kill given the skull's still on the softer side.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #564
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla695 View Post
It'd be great to see a baby zombie crawling after people. It should be easy to kill given the skull's still on the softer side.
Not that I am a zombie know-it-all, but I thought all zombie heads and their body in general are soft, which makes it easier to impale them?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #565
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Not that I am a zombie know-it-all, but I thought all zombie heads and their body in general are soft, which makes it easier to impale them?
Speaking specifically to the soft tissue issue, how does a zombie get pregnant then?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #566
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Well, Mikey, I think you are more than likely RIGHT, however, I IMAGINED that the Producers/Director ''
had more 'integrity' and would stick with the precedent set initially, so therefore it HAD to be significant,
but in the end I am sure you are right...and looking for some directorial consistency in Hollyweird is asking
a bit too much, I guess. Looks like we will have to see how it progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
Did you notice the pile of burnt bodies as well? Why would they be burning bodies? My thought is
that everyone is already infected with the virus and if you die no matter what the cause of death then
you become a zombie. It seems a little too coincidental that they would work it into the script that
there are no bite marks on those zombies. It has to be part of the storyline.
By Hollywood rules, if they shot a scene like that, and used it, it's most definitely going to be
important, and it will be a game changer for the most part. A paradigm shifter to put it like the
cliche' artists say. Interested to see how it plays out. Of course the cops did not die from
bullets, nor scratches, so what was their cause of death?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #567
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Remember one thing that is perhaps a little too far fetched, but now starts to cozy up to some facts.... They could have found that fat walker in a couple of places, hell, they could have not even FOUND the fat walker, it meant nothing to the plot progression. But they found him in a WELL....ground water. If there is something in the water at the plant too, and it kills people, then we might be informed to the fact that you can get it through water. So then it stands to reason that it can also be a bad deal if it's in the ground water at the Greene Farm.

Now couple that with the fact that the little blond girl, [last hope for some more good group-greene love action], fell on the floor with a fever while washing dishes. Now I do not necessarily mean that she was washing dishes, and that's where she got "da fever", especially since she also had a close encounter with her zombie-mom. But I would say that if you get it through the water, it acts really slowly. I still think Blondie could turn, then they will all be thinking, ahh, we should have let her kill herself. Maybe we are intended to think that she got scratched, when she really is having too much contact with well water? But again, if it's not a bite, but you can still die, it seems to work super slowly.

Of course I am just brain-stormin now, but look out for this water angle.
The more I think about this, the more it seems to line up. I keep thinking of Stephen King's Dreamcatcher, where Mr. Gray was trying to dump an alien body into the standpipe to infect the town. Not sure if that is overly influencing my thought, but what was the point to the whole "send Glenn down the well" scene? (And what kind of idiots are they to do that, anyway?)

One of the things that keeps bugging me is the rapid deterioration of Blondie. I think she was at the sink when she collapsed, and she sure looked pale & deathly for awhile laying on the bed. Now she doesn't eat and is obsessed with suicide. Maybe those are signs. It wouldn't explain why only Blondie is affected, when they are all drinking & washing from the same supply, but it has me thinking.

On a personal note, the healthcare worker in me cringes at the lack of universal precautions with all that blood spatter around.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #568
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Well, Mikey, I think you are more than likely RIGHT, however, I IMAGINED that the Producers/Director ''
had more 'integrity' and would stick with the precedent set initially, so therefore it HAD to be significant,
but in the end I am sure you are right...and looking for some directorial consistency in Hollyweird is asking
a bit too much, I guess. Looks like we will have to see how it progresses.

By Hollywood rules, if they shot a scene like that, and used it, it's most definitely going to be
important, and it will be a game changer for the most part. A paradigm shifter to put it like the
cliche' artists say. Interested to see how it plays out. Of course the cops did not die from
bullets, nor scratches, so what was their cause of death?
I think if the walkers getting faster was a plot issue then it would be more obvious like Rick would say "sheet! These walkers are getting faster!"

Maybe the cops poisened themselves? Hard to say. I just think it's very interesting that there were burnt bodies and that the camera was very specific about focusing on them.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #569
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

With them getting granted a third season, It is unlikely to resolve itself soon, or I would say hey, we'll find out
Sunday, haha. Who knows when we will know. But yeah, I think Rick WOULD say such a thing.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #570
Malazan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Malazan is on a distinguished road

It's got to be the Government, They screw up everything
Old 02-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #571
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

I'm hoping they still do flashback segments in the beginning of some upcoming episodes. I really enjoyed the few they have done so far, especially the one w/them stuck on I-85 when they see the Army bomb Atlanta
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #572
Malazan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Malazan is on a distinguished road

That was slick, watching the Apaches straff
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #573
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malazan View Post
It's got to be the Government, They screw up everything
No kidding. Was it mentioned on the show how this all started?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #574
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Montecristo

Quote:
Makes sense to me.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #575
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
I'm hoping they still do flashback segments in the beginning of some upcoming episodes. I really enjoyed the few they have done so far, especially the one w/them stuck on I-85 when they see the Army bomb Atlanta
I'm with you on this. It would be great to see.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #576
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
No kidding. Was it mentioned on the show how this all started?
I'm guessing this is why they have made a couple of points about the water supply. With the well thing, and the water treatment plant or whatever it was. Could also be why they burned some bodies there. A futile first attempt at eradicating the problem.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #577
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Maybe this was already brought up???

I clearly watched Shane cut his hand, wipe it on the doorway of the school bus... A zombie licked the blood... Shane stabbed the zombie in the head, then wiped his cut hand at the same place the zombie licked, to attract another zombie. WTF?

How do you not get infected?

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #578
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Maybe this was already brought up???

I clearly watched Shane cut his hand, wipe it on the doorway of the school bus... A zombie licked the blood... Shane stabbed the zombie in the head, then wiped his cut hand at the same place the zombie licked, to attract another zombie. WTF?

How do you not get infected?
I don't think you can get infected by zombies by fluids...if this is what you are referring too, I believe you have to be bitten.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #579
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I don't think you can get infected by zombies by fluids...if this is what you are referring too, I believe you have to be bitten.
Yup, they wiped zombie guts all over themselves in Atlanta to avoid detection, remember?

I would like to have relations with a female zombie....would that be considered munting?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #580
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Yup, they wiped zombie guts all over themselves in Atlanta to avoid detection, remember?

I would like to have relations with a female zombie....would that be considered munting?
pssst read the comics for some female zombie molestations.