Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #5461
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #5462
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

I just joined a local gym. It'll be the first time I've set foot in one in about 5 years! Any advice for a start up routine? They've got lot's of HammerPress and free weights.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #5463
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Just take it slow and don't overdo the first few workouts, Tim. Getting so sore that you can't train defeats the purpose...and getting injured is even worse. If you haven't trained with HammerPress before, maybe one of the trainers can give you some tips. Good luck!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #5464
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Finished with a Prohormone cycle of SUS500 (Old formula), and am getting ready to try a new one. Combination of 1-Methyl and I-gh-1 from LG Sciences, along with a couple non-PH supplements. I'll let you know how it seems to be working after a few weeks on.
Today was my last day on the cycle. It really felt like it kicked in the last week, so I am going to take an anti-estrogen supp. for 3 weeks and start the LG Sciences products again, hoping to build on what I have started.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #5465
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
I just joined a local gym. It'll be the first time I've set foot in one in about 5 years! Any advice for a start up routine? They've got lot's of HammerPress and free weights.
Divide your time equally between:

1. Weights
2. Stretching
3. Cardio

No matter which of the three, start your workout by doing 10 minutes on treadmill at 3.5-4.0 mph to warm up.

As icehog3 mentioned utilize the staff to help you out.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #5466
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the tips fellas, took it light today and did 10 on the treadmill to boot.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #5467
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Long time no updates...figure maybe we will get some business as the New Year progresses.

Me, I got cortizone shots in both shoulders a couple weeks ago, and it has made training chest and shoulders much more bearable. No more tears streaming down my
face as I do heavy military presses.

Have some ongoing soreness in my right biceps tendon, training through it but it is definitely affecting my arm, and to some extent my back, workouts. Been through this before though, and will get through it again.

Right now trying to train heavy while decreasing my calories by about 50%. Want to try and keep all the muscle while thinning out my torso. So far energy levels have been good for several weeks despite the reduced diet.

So what's up with youse guys?

Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #5468
zemekone
im hungry...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (0)
ERdM
zemekone has disabled reputation

Quote:
So what's up with youse guys?
have had a sparined Left knee, micro tears in the left shoulder, and sprained left elbow, just been dooing cardio...

today:
hurricane training
deadlifts 5x10
rope pulls throughs 5x10
weighted dips 5x10
abs 5x10

explaination for hurricanes: treadmill 10mph 10% incline 9 sets of 15sec after each set make sure you bring your heartrate back to 120bpm everyother day you raise the time you are running for...
Old 12-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #5469
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Me, I got cortizone shots in both shoulders a couple weeks ago, and it has made training chest and shoulders much more bearable.
That sucks. Have you tried taking Wobenzym N? It works great with 40+ years of use behind it.

http://wobenzym-usa.com/
Old 12-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #5470
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
That sucks. Have you tried taking Wobenzym N? It works great with 40+ years of use behind it.

http://wobenzym-usa.com/
I have not, Moses, but I would love some more practical information. I tried Animal Flex for a short time, but something in the ingredients brought back my kidney stone issue, which I hadn't had a problem with for several years before starting thr supplement.

Ingredients: http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/...age.cfm?id=299

Moses, have you used the Wobenzym? If so, can you tell me your experiences, or if you have not, can you tell me what you have seen/heard from friends? Thanks, I am always interested in something that may help.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #5471
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Want to try and keep all the muscle while thinning out my torso. So far energy levels have been good for several weeks despite the reduced diet.
Does this work? I've always read that if you're losing weight you're losing fat and muscle. I'd love to lose some fat while keeping some muscle, especially after this past month.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #5472
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Does this work? I've always read that if you're losing weight you're losing fat and muscle. I'd love to lose some fat while keeping some muscle, especially after this past month.
It's worked for me in the past.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #5473
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Did some web research on the Wobenzym, and think I will give it a try. I'd still like your insight though, Moses.

I hope it wasn't the Bromelain in the Animal Flex that aggravated my kidney stone condition, that seems to be the only common ingredient with Wobenzym that I noticed.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #5474
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Moses, have you used the Wobenzym? If so, can you tell me your experiences, or if you have not, can you tell me what you have seen/heard from friends? Thanks, I am always interested in something that may help.

I have used it and worked pretty well when my back was inflamed. The tricky part with this supplement is that it needs to be taken on an empty stomach; twice a day. You have to plan you day-meals around it. This could be a good thing if you are trying to hone your diet some.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #5475
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

One thing to consider beyond the acute injury is preventing and/or mitigating inflammation in the big sense. Inflammation is a real negative impact to the body and we should all consider a holistic all encompassing solution that includes, diet, supplements, and pre-post workout routines.

One of the best old school things one can do is ice bathes after working out. Not everyone has access of the cajones to sit in a ice bath, but recovery times after working out are much shorter.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #5476
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Thanks, Moses, I am picking up a one month supply to see how it works for me.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #5477
Liquid Smoke

Any routines you guys would recommend? I have been on a hiatus and need a good routine to kick my ass back into shape.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #5478
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Smoke View Post
Any routines you guys would recommend? I have been on a hiatus and need a good routine to kick my ass back into shape.
Weight training? Cardio? Lose weight? Gain muscle? Tone?

It's tough to recommend a routine to someone unless you have at least some idea of their goals.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #5479
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:

It's tough to recommend a routine to someone unless you have at least some idea of their goals.
Cardio and stretching until you have more details. Everyone benefits from 30-60 minutes of steady, attainable cardio followed by stretching.

To expand on that; I would divide your time equally between weights, cardio, & stretching. Each are equal in importance.

If there's a good Yoga studio around, you can get all three in one shot.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #5480
Liquid Smoke

Quote:

Sorry, I'm looking for a good weight training routine with some cardio thrown in. Weight training and muscle gain being the major focus.

Closed Thread