Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #521
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
So was that enough walker action for y'all?
I loved the Zombie waterfall!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #522
Hem
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bill
Trading: (13)
Partagas
Hem will become famous soon enough

Bout time things got interesting again!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #523
Skywalker
BABOTL

Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

The zombie sandwich was also fun!

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #524
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Anyone else been entering the contest?
I did the first one a couple weeks back, had to DVR the past two weeks though. It be awesome to go out to LA for the season 3 premier, I'd try to holla at Maggie
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #525
mase
Undead Recruiter

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (9)
Cohiba
mase will become famous soon enoughmase will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Old 02-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #526
mase
Undead Recruiter

Trading: (9)
Cohiba
mase will become famous soon enoughmase will become famous soon enough

I must admit I'm getting pretty tired of the Rick vs. Shane dynamic. It's stalling the show.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #527
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I agree Kevin. The action is great but Shane and Rick need to get it over with. Rick needs to take out Shane or Shane just needs to leave and go out on his own. With that blonde chick I can't stand.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #528
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Great epsiode last night. Why in the hell did Rick come back for Shane? After all that sh@t, I'd have left him for Zombie Food. And Andrea is getting on my nerves...hell...so is Lori...someone needs to get bit and turn. Why is Daryl hiding out in the outskirts collecting ears? And why does Carol keep bugging Daryl, like she wants him. MORE ZOMBIES!! Loved the zombie sandwhich and the zombie waterfall. "We need to use our knives more".
Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #529
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Darryl is likely just now having the time to digest the vision he had while he was arrow-stuck.
His brother appeared to him and chastised him pretty good for being everyone's be+ch.
I would imagine this was bound to happen.

Carol is coming down after her big loss and the finality of it to remembering him kind of rubbin
up against her a little bit during the search. She has seen the good side of him and he is RIGHT,
she IS ALONE and she does want to try and hook up with him because she is scared and alone.
I think it might still happen.At least in the episode RIGHT before his brother returns.

As for Shane, I agree, there is no way I would make the block and pick up Shane, he made his
bed. But this is just Rick again, he SEES both sides. Before the ZA, he worked with Shane,
likely was a bit turned off by the whole super-jock machismo, but thought, you know, that's
just HIM. We work together, that's my friend, I will have to just live with what I don't like.
It's all part of Rick's character. He knows HE IS RIGHT and he needs to give Shane time to
come around. At this point it is hard to SAY who is right. Or who's management style keeps
the group safest.

Last edited by OLS; 02-27-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #530
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mase View Post
I must admit I'm getting pretty tired of the Rick vs. Shane dynamic. It's stalling the show.
I enjoy the Rick and Shane tension. It'd been under the surface for the entire show and they finally cleared the air a bit. To me they represent what the show is really trying to get at: pragmatism vs. humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Darryl is likely just now having the time to digest the vision he had while he was arrow-stuck.
His brother appeared to him and chastised him pretty good for being everyone's be+ch.
I would imagine this was bound to happen.

Carol is coming down after her big loss and the finality of it to remembering him kind of rubbin
up against her a little bit during the search. She has seen the good side of him and he is RIGHT,
she IS ALONE and she does want to try and hook up with him because she is scared and alone.
I think it might still happen.At least in the episode RIGHT before his brother returns.

As for Shane, I agree, there is no way I would make the block and pick up Shane, he made his
bed. But this is just Rick again, he SEES both sides. Before the ZA, he worked with Shane,
likely was a bit turned off by the whole super-jock machismo, but thought, you know, that's
just HIM. We work together, that's my friend, I will have to just live with what I don't like.
It's all part of Rick's character. He knows HE IS RIGHT and he needs to give Shane time to
come around. At this point it is hard to SAY who is right. Or who's management style keeps
the group safest.
AMC does a "Behind the episode" after each one with the actors delving into their characters actions in each episode. I at first agreed with you, Brad, that Rick should've left his @ss, but the actors who play Shane and Rick address why Rick needs Shane and couldn't leave him and their points made sense to me. Rather than rehash it myself, here's the link:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...d-18-miles-out
Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #531
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
To me they represent what the show is really trying to get at: pragmatism vs. humanity
Damn college graduates......

---------

Haha, I liked it. I checked out the video and they basically said what I thought.
Rick wants to leave him, knows he deserves to BE LEFT, but the white side is
nothing without the black, he loves Shane because of what he was when they
were just buddies, he needs Shane to make whatever he is fighting for worth
having in the end.

Last edited by OLS; 02-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #532
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
I enjoy the Rick and Shane tension. It'd been under the surface for the entire show and they finally cleared the air a bit.
I agree, Michael.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #533
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Last night's episode was GREAT! Blond haired lady was annoying. I think Rick saw the two dead zombies in uniform on his way out of there and it reminded him of he and Shane which changed his mind about leaving him behind.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #534
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Tension is getting thick. They both need each other as they are best fighters. Loving this season!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #535
OLS
Suck It

I am going to watch it here in a bit...glad to hear there are lots of zombies about.
I also want to curb some of my enthusiasm from earlier in this thread. In defense of
why they don't pick up MP5s or M-16s that are lying here and there, I said "hey, the
zombies are not sprinters, they shamble everywhere...if you had bullets in your gun,
you would not be over-run." I guess I was mistaken. Lately they seem to have been
training or something. They can chase you pretty fast. I need to go back and re-watch
the seasons and see if they have altered the physics of zombiehood some or I was just
not noticing it. Seems they are speeding up, though. Anyone else seem to notice this?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #536
Malazan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Malazan is on a distinguished road

In the Graphic Novel, Little Carl kills Shane at the Resevoir area they are camped at in Season one. Shane goes to shoot Rick and Carl shoots Shane through the neck.

I wonder if they will have Carl bump Shane off in the Series
Old 02-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #537
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malazan View Post
In the Graphic Novel, Little Carl kills Shane at the Resevoir area they are camped at in Season one. Shane goes to shoot Rick and Carl shoots Shane through the neck.

I wonder if they will have Carl bump Shane off in the Series
Anything else you can spoil for me while you're here?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #538
Malazan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Malazan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The TV Series differs a lot from the Graphic Novel, so I'm not saying they are gonna do it

In the books, Sophia is still alive, and her mother dead, where as, in the TV show, they killed Sophia off

Last edited by Malazan; 02-27-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #539
Skywalker
BABOTL

Partagas

Hershel is really Shane's father (and Rick's second cousin, on his mother's side)!

Quote:

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #540
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
That was Awesome!
And the they showed the barrel of the gun sticking out the back of the Zombie head.
Closed Thread