Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 04-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #521
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevef2005 View Post
Don't get me wrong. I love hitting the gym up. Just have some exercises I enjoy doing SOOO much more than others. Maybe need to switch up routine and that may help.

Seeing the gains also really helps to motivate me. Maybe have to start looking for them more in the legs.
This. I started loving legs when I started logging all of my workouts in a notebook with the weight I used and reps I performed. Since I'm highly competitive with myself, I try to beat the last workout I do, even if it's by one more rep and/or 5 more pounds than last time. All those "one more rep than last time"s add up over time
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #522
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Shoulders and chest touch up.

Incline db: 4x8-10
Incline hammer strength: 4x8-10
Cable flies: 4x10-12

Standing military press -- upright row: 4x8
Single arm BB push press: 4x6-8
Db side lat raise: 4x8-10
Seated side lat raise machine: 4x10-12
Old 05-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #523
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Did my best bench yesterday pushing up 230 for one rep, are you supposed to count the bar? I always get confused so I don't count the bar. I got excited, body and mind said another but right shoulder said no .

Now I want to be able to push this weight up consistently, meaning I want to be able to do this for sets/reps. Right now I'm doing 180 for reps until I can do 3 full sets of 10, right now its 3 sets for 5-6 reps comfortably, I don't have a spotter. That's kind of been my routine of doing the heaviest weight I can do for all sets as long as I don't sacrifice form, doing as many reps as I can do, per set. Is this a bad thing, am I working out wrong?
Old 05-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #524
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

I don't see a problem, Greg. Keep in mind, everyone has different goals when they train.

Yes, people usually count the bar unless you're doing something that is assisted like the smith machine
Old 05-05-2014, 05:24 AM   #525
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Did my best bench yesterday pushing up 230 for one rep, are you supposed to count the bar? I always get confused so I don't count the bar. I got excited, body and mind said another but right shoulder said no .

Now I want to be able to push this weight up consistently, meaning I want to be able to do this for sets/reps. Right now I'm doing 180 for reps until I can do 3 full sets of 10, right now its 3 sets for 5-6 reps comfortably, I don't have a spotter. That's kind of been my routine of doing the heaviest weight I can do for all sets as long as I don't sacrifice form, doing as many reps as I can do, per set. Is this a bad thing, am I working out wrong?
I mean, as long as youre consistently not counting the bar, and your numbers are still going up, then good stuff! I count the bar (usually 45 lbs) unless it's not an Olympic bar such as an EZ bar, cambered bar, Bella bar, short bar, etc because they all feel different weights.
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #526
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

International Breast Day. Just going through the motions today, kind of sluggish today.

Incline db press: 4x8-10
Fly machine: 4x8-12
Low cable crosses --dips: 4x10-12
Flat bench press: 4x8-10

tri push downs:4x12-15
db tri kickbacks: 4x10
single arm db extensions: 4x8-12
Old 05-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #527
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm getting a weird sensation down my right arm when I'm on the high row machine. When I pull down, I get a tingling (like arm is asleep) going down my arm. As soon as I stop it goes away. Anyone experience this before? Just started a few weeks ago and only during this exercise. I know the logical step would be not to do this exercise for a while but I'm kind of stubborn.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:18 AM   #528
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Sounds like you are pinching a nerve at some point in your range of motion, Greg. Tried any anti-inflammatories before lifting?

Chest today, back manana. Gotta get back in the groove.....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #529
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

Haven't trained in 4 days, this might be one of the longest streaks for me. Can't really walk around...

for a funny story, wife and I came home tonight and our dogs had brown stuff all over their face and paws. We examined it, smelled it and said, "smells like protein." Walked further into the house and there it was... my travel baggies of protein were ripped open! I have about 4 bags that are filled with protein when I travel and I just throw it in my gym bag. They consumed about 50-60 grams of protein each. HAHAH
Old 05-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #530
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Do your dogs look any moe muscular, Huy?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #531
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

No, but he was snoring EXTRA loud last night.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #532
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Anyone watch BroScience on youtube? Dude's crazy funny. My favorite quote by him, because it's true.

"The day you started lifting is the day you became forever small [because you will never be as big as you want to be]." -Dom
Old 05-26-2014, 12:50 AM   #533
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

Sometimes, he's entertaining
Old 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #534
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Been adding more cardio again to the work out. After lifting sessions I hit the eliptical for about 30min.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #535
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

Is that Spanish? What's cardio?
Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #536
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
Is that Spanish? What's cardio?
It is actually Greek but I still don't know what it means
Old 06-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #537
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Once Greg gets bored with the eliptical, he can get his cardio playing for my hockey team.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #538
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

Hahaha

But on the subject of cardio. My favorite form of cardio is the nonexistent one. I rely 100% on my diet. When I get forced into doing cardio, I prefer some form of HIIT (high intensive interval training). 30 minutes on a treadmill or any of those weird looking machines seems like 30 minutes of agony to me.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #539
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I prefer hockey and sex, but hockey games last a lot longer for me.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:07 PM   #540
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

Going on a cruise so I think this is the perfect time for me to do a adrenal restart...