Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #5221
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick B View Post
I'm working on rolling out my calves and loosening them up. I'd do regular squats if they did any good. With my awesome form they are basically a good morning/squat hybrid, and I don't think it's good for my back or my legs to do them that way. I do plenty of deads so stick it up your ass, pussbag! Ha Ha, all in good fun...

Might take a day off tomorrow. It's been 5 or 6 days straight with my current 4 day split of chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, legs. Also thinking of going to a 5 day, maybe chest, back/calves, shoulders, bi's/tri's, legs. I'm REALLY focused right now on hitting it hard, eating a ton of protein, and getting bigger. Thoughts?
so just curious, how are you able to dead, but not squat? Unless you are doing stiff-legged deads, you should be getting as low or lower at the beginning and end of a dead as you do at the middle of a squat. Once you start doing squats and doing them properly, they will stretch all the necessary muscles out through the warm-up sets.

Anyway, last week was deloading for me, chest/arms Tues, Legs on Thurs and shoulders/back on Fri, with spin yesterday and today. off tomorrow, then will be a heavy week, unless the baby decides to show up, in which case I will be doing my best just to get there
Old 04-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #5222
kjd2121
Gaining Muscle - SS

Trading: (0)
Partagas
kjd2121 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm working on rolling out my calves and loosening them up. I'd do regular squats if they did any good. With my awesome form they are basically a good morning/squat hybrid, and I don't think it's good for my back or my legs to do them that way. I do plenty of deads so stick it up your ass, pussbag! Ha Ha, all in good fun...

Might take a day off tomorrow. It's been 5 or 6 days straight with my current 4 day split of chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, legs. Also thinking of going to a 5 day, maybe chest, back/calves, shoulders, bi's/tri's, legs. I'm REALLY focused right now on hitting it hard, eating a ton of protein, and getting bigger. Thoughts?
Just be sure you are not overtraining. You need to recover or you wont gain at all. Less is more.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #5223
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about

I don't know, Pete. I'll get some videos and we can all take a look. I guess that's the only way to know for sure. I can tell you my deadlift form feels solid, but my squat feels awful, like I am about to fall over on my face. I'll get a buddy to record me.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #5224
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Anybody here ever use Edge? Its made by a company called element nutrition. I just started it and wanted to know how others are cycling it.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #5225
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I don't know, Pete. I'll get some videos and we can all take a look. I guess that's the only way to know for sure. I can tell you my deadlift form feels solid, but my squat feels awful, like I am about to fall over on my face. I'll get a buddy to record me.
Interesting. You're likely letting your knees too far forward as you go down. They should never pass a line drawn up from your toes. Instead, you should be sticking your a$$ out more. Can be a tough form to learn, especially without a good coach, and I don't know the best way to explain it other than to tell you to read Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe and Lon Kilgore. They explain it far better than I ever could, and in far more detail. I am not using my copy currently, so if you want to send me your addy, I can send it off to you.

Heavy chest/arms for me this morning, flat bench(205x5x3), incline bench(185x5x3), bar curls and cable bar pulldowns.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #5226
Fordman4ever

Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Put up 260 on the flat bench today. Most I've ever put up. Hopefully i'll be up to 300 soon.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #5227
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever View Post
Put up 260 on the flat bench today. Most I've ever put up. Hopefully i'll be up to 300 soon.
Grats dude! I finally got to 260 for 4 reps this last week as well... Working my way up to 315, but I keep hanging on 290 1RM. It's gonna be a long road!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #5228
Fordman4ever

One thing that helped me get my max up was changing to a 3 set 15 rep work out.
I stick with my regular work out for about 2-3 months then do 2 weeks of the "3 set 15 rep for everything" workout.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #5229
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Man... ya lose it so quick... between the new job (new hours) and being sick more often than not in the past month, I've been to the gym a total of maybe 5 times... much different than the typical 3x per week religiously. I feel like I'm starting over again. What's worse, though, is I have ZERO desire to go after work. Bah.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #5230
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
Man... ya lose it so quick... between the new job (new hours) and being sick more often than not in the past month, I've been to the gym a total of maybe 5 times... much different than the typical 3x per week religiously. I feel like I'm starting over again. What's worse, though, is I have ZERO desire to go after work. Bah.
you will catch back up quicker than you think
Old 04-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #5231
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

I was surprised how quickly things are progressing for me after two years of not going to the gym.

A month of taking it easy is nothing, you got this

I do know what you mean though, every time I stopped going to the gym it was because I got sick and stopped going for a couple of weeks and never started again.

My willpower is pretty awful sometimes
Old 04-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #5232
BigFrank
5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough

Sorry havent been posting that much brothers. Life has dealt me a very ugly hand and I'm not good with cards. When I get my life put back together I'll try and post more.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #5233
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

hope things get back on track soon bigfrank
Old 04-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #5234
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Saying a prayer for you Frank.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #5235
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Prayers sent your way Frank!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #5236
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about

Well I can't seem to convert a video taken with my phone to something I can post here, but after seeing myself in action and having a few knowledgeable people at the gym take a look I am declaring my squat technique good to go. It's much better than I thought. My back is in a good position and I'm only an inch or two from getting to parallel. Doing them the regular way has made me get my lifting belt back out, it just feels safer that way. Legs today so I'm heading to sleep so I can go hard this afternoon.

Overall I'm making some good strides. My strength and BMI readings are both heading in the right direction!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #5237
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Sorry havent been posting that much brothers. Life has dealt me a very ugly hand and I'm not good with cards. When I get my life put back together I'll try and post more.
Prayers on the way Frank!

Speaking of squats.. I've always had a problem with my right side initiating the lift. Trying to fix this is proving to be difficult
Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #5238
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Anyone take B12 shots?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #5239
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

chest to failure and arms today

my last set of chest had a weird pop in my shoulder, didnt hurt but felt weird as hell
Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #5240
Fordman4ever

Back workout today. Lots of pull-ups, rows, lat pull downs, and more pull-ups.
I'm starting to be able to do pull-ups very slowly and deliberately with full ROM.
Closed Thread