Old 11-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #501
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Drop the instigator rule and some of these psuedo tough guys will think twice. The hit Willie Mitchell put on Johnny Toews would have had him answering to a Joey Kocur type back in the day.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #502
SilverFox

I agree the shots to the head have to stop.

I may sound like a homer but I have watched the Glencross hit several times and while I fully agree that it should have been a penalty I don't think there was any intent there.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #503
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

I have not seen the hit Shawn so I was not directly commenting on that. It is just driving me nuts that these guys are literaly taking running starts at these guys on the boards now and its legal. Its focking dangerous and someone is going to get gravely hurt eventually. Like I said I love a good hip check or an open ice hit to the chest, but these guys are getting those big caps of the pads right on the chin when they could drop the shoulder a little and put one in the chest. Instead you see guys like Ovi (who I like) get away with leaving his feet or getting damn close to deliver that shot. I swear I am going to work with Micah on hip checks as he grows up. I would love seeing those make a comeback. You can count on one hand the times in a season you see a good hip check. I dont mean a low bridge like the kings jackets game.

Damit you guys get me all worked up again.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #504
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Update on Hurricanes Goalie, Cam Ward...

Quote:
Ward Expected to be Released From Hospital Monday
Goaltender suffered laceration of upper leg and will be out a minimum of 3-4 weeks
Sunday, 11.08.2009 / 5:42 PM / News By Terrell Williams

RALEIGH, NC—Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, announced today that Hurricanes goaltender Cam Ward will remain at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, OH, through Sunday night. Ward is expected to return to Raleigh on Monday, where he will be evaluated further by Hurricanes Head Orthopedic Physician Dr. Marty Isbell. The goaltender is expected to miss a minimum of three to four weeks of action.

Ward suffered a laceration of the left upper leg from the skate of Columbus forward Rick Nash, as Nash passed through the crease during the first period of Carolina’s 3-2 loss to the Blue Jackets on Saturday night. He was originally expected to return to Raleigh on Sunday, but will remain in Columbus through tonight to guard against infection.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #505
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Ouch.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #506
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

They were Talking about this tonight and your options for Goalies. The were saying either mannie fernande or legece are both playing in the minors and are available.

Then they were saying they may take this as the opportunity to work a multi player trade to shake things up a bit as they think the team needs a different feel. Kind of interesting to see what happens. I think they should stick with it, The team is going to come around.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #507
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
They were Talking about this tonight and your options for Goalies. The were saying either mannie fernande or legece are both playing in the minors and are available.

Then they were saying they may take this as the opportunity to work a multi player trade to shake things up a bit as they think the team needs a different feel. Kind of interesting to see what happens. I think they should stick with it, The team is going to come around.
They can have Huet for a bag of pucks.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #508
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Hurricanes sign Manny Legace to one year deal...

Quote:
RALEIGH, NC—Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with goaltender Manny Legace (LEH-gah-see) on a one-year contract. The deal will pay Legace $500,000 on the NHL level and $105,000 on the American Hockey League (AHL) level.

Legace, 36, has a career NHL record of 177-92-36, with a goals-against average of 2.38, a save percentage of .912 and 23 shutouts in 337 games played with Los Angeles, Detroit and St. Louis. The Toronto native is 4-6 with a 2.54 goals-against average in 11 career Stanley Cup playoff games, and served as the backup goaltender during Detroit’s run to the 2002 Stanley Cup championship. Legace’s best NHL season came in 2005-06, with Detroit, when he posted a record of 37-8-0, ranking third in the NHL in goals-against average (2.19), fifth in wins (37) and tied for second in shutouts (7). He spent each of the past three seasons with St. Louis, and was 13-9-2 with a 3.18 goals-against average in 2008-09.
Praying Cam Ward is a fast healer... although I am not planning on having to buy playoff tickets this season.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #509
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Legace was playing for the Chicago Wolves (AHL) until now....played well the one game I attended.

Nice win for the Hawks tonight, Johnny Toews is finally back, and scored a PP goal.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #510
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Glencross suspended 3 games without pay for the hit on Drury. Drury who has a history of concussions has another. League called him an unsuspecting player. They were saying on NHL radio today these were words they have not heard used before. Could be a sign of changes to come.

Hopefully this hitting to the head gets addressed over the next year or so. Be interesting to see if any other star players get hurt this year if it helps create a change. Kind of wanted to hear Als take on this as he is a Rangers fan and one of his main players is now out because of a questionable check.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #511
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Glencross suspended 3 games without pay for the hit on Drury. Drury who has a history of concussions has another. League called him an unsuspecting player. They were saying on NHL radio today these were words they have not heard used before. Could be a sign of changes to come.

Hopefully this hitting to the head gets addressed over the next year or so. Be interesting to see if any other star players get hurt this year if it helps create a change. Kind of wanted to hear Als take on this as he is a Rangers fan and one of his main players is now out because of a questionable check.
Damn, Mitchell should have gotten 3 games based on that criteria.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #512
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Pissed cant find a stream of the habs flames game. It looks pretty intense. Seen a few highlights and there were some big hits.

At work on my laptop in the car.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #513
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Pissed cant find a stream of the habs flames game. It looks pretty intense. Seen a few highlights and there were some big hits.

At work on my laptop in the car.
Found it on Centre Ice, but it's over.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #514
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Damn Blues beating down Luongo and the canucks.
Going to start watching the Sharks game. Dad took a buddy to the game. Nice splitting the season tickets.

Went to a game with my dad a month back.. First time since he finished his cancer treatment. Special experience. Last time we had gone together was years ago. Funny how something like going to a game with your dad can be such a special thing after going through the lows and highs of cancer treatment

Last edited by Ahbroody; 11-10-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #515
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Damn Blues beating down Luongo and the canucks
I hate the Canucks more than the Blues at this point.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #516
SilverFox

Big Number Three was on his game tonight. Three highlight reel hits.

Intense game, good end to end, some scuffles and goal tending clinics at both ends.

Best 60 minute Flames have played all year.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #517
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Sharks won it in the last minute 4-3.
Apparently they have taken over the number one spot in the whole league. I guess they are getting it on track.

Really want to see a replay of that habs flames game. If anyone finds a replay stream let me know. It looked wicked nasty. The highlights showed a few bodies flying.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #518
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

First 6 goals by the Wings in their game were the 3rd goal of the season for that player...weird.

Daniel Cleary (3)
Pavel Datsyuk (3)
Kris Draper (3)
Niklas Kronwall (3) (Power Play)
Todd Bertuzzi (3)
Ville Leino (3)

Old 11-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #519
ChicagoWhiteSox

Hawks game is on. Been a good game so far

Old 11-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #520
gorob23
Brother of the Leaf

First Name: Rob
Trading: (0)
gorob23 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
First 6 goals by the Wings in their game were the 3rd goal of the season for that player...weird.

Daniel Cleary (3)
Pavel Datsyuk (3)
Kris Draper (3)
Niklas Kronwall (3) (Power Play)
Todd Bertuzzi (3)
Ville Leino (3)
Kane

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

"Snow Globe"

I miss light switch
Closed Thread