Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #5081
BigFrank
5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Christos unless you get it via a prescription you would have to travel down the same road as far as obtaining it as you would the real deal. At that point, I would rather see someone just use the real stuff, that way it's more controlled. Propecia also comes with it's own side effects. And with any testosterone booster, whether it be real test or pro-hormones that side effects and the way your body processes it is going to be the same regardless of how you go about it. Increase in testosterone also increases aromatase enzymes and the chances of side effects.

I know a lot of guys are in the position where they cannot use the real stuff ( work, athletics, fear ) or something along those lines and therefore are tempted to use something that is seen as "legal" alternative, when in all actuality if a real test was done you would test positive anyways due to an increase of free testosterone. If you really want to move down that side of the game, there are ways to obtain the real deal stuff via a prescription. If legal and work related issues are of concern.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #5082
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the response Frank I feel like that's almost exactly what you said about pro-hormones not too long ago.

I merely posed the question because Propecia talk was going around at my house. I looked into it fairly quickly (ie searched google and read a select few articles in about 5 minutes). Then it got me to thinking as to why the IOC would ban it. Looking more into it now, I've simply come to the conclusion that there actually would be zero benefit for anyone to try and take Propecia along with steroids or a pro-hormone. It isn't even proven that taking Propecia increases testosterone levels, and if it did then the affect would be short lived.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #5083
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

Good lifts this morning, still going fairly light, but it's good to get in and move some. Missed yesterday so did legs and shoulders today, so squats, presses and hang cleans along with some time stretching on the mat and some ab work. Good stuff.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:39 AM   #5084
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (7)
ERdM
The Professor has disabled reputation

Howdy, folks.

Back in the gym ... first time posting here in a LOOOOONG time. Damage to my muscles and nerves last spring was worse than anyone thought. I've still got occasional pain and constant numbness in my right leg, so no crazy squats or deads for a while. Between the injury, getting out of the habit, then having a busy summer and fall semester, I've gone to sh*t. I'm sure I weight more than I ever have and I'm weaker than I've been in a couple of years -- a bad combination.

Basically, I'm a weak fatty right now. I guess that just means I have lots of room for improvement.

Anyway, the plan for right now is to be getting my cardio back up, start eating better, get things stretching, and start testing out where I'm at in my upper body. So today, I did 32 minutes on the recumbent bike at various levels of tension. Followed that up with a bunch of HammerStrength pull-downs and HS low rows, both working my way up with sets until I was failing out at 4-6. Ended up doing about a half dozen sets of 12 to 5 reps on each. Thought about doing some crunches; but was feeling like puking, so I stopped.

Anyway, it's time for me to get back in it to win it. I need to lose some weight and tone up a little before I head to SoCal for a conference in March. I don't want zEmEk0nE to mock me too much.

Join the CA Lottery (clicky). It's fun!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #5085
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

You'll be back in no time, Dokk.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #5086
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

ERdM

Thanks, Admiral. I hope you're right.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #5087
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

ERdM

Went late to the gym, today; but at least I went. 32 minutes of cardio, then chest and tris with some curlz for the gurlz at the end. All in all, I've solidified my opinion that I'm a weak a$$ mo'fo. I've never been great (or even particularly good) at chest exercises, but tonight's attempt was just pitiful. Oh well -- you've gotta fail to grow.

At least cardio is getting a little easier each day.

Time for some salad and lean protein....

Old 01-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #5088
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

Montecristo

Welcome back Dokk!

Spin yesterday and today for me. Back lifting tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #5089
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSB75 View Post
Welcome back Dokk!

Spin yesterday and today for me. Back lifting tomorrow.
Thanks, Pete.

Did legs for the first time in 4-5 months, today. It was sad; but you've gotta start somewhere, right? Started with 15 minutes on the recumbent to warm up. Did leg press, working up with sets of 10 from 0 pies to 8 pies (total, not per side). Did 2-3 sets (can't remember) of 10 with the 8 pies. Then went to do deads. Warmed up with 95lbs for 10, then did 3 sets of 10 with 135lbs. Tried to follow that up with some more recumbent bike, but my calves started cramping.

Anyway. I'm gonna keep taking it slowly. I'm not going for bulk right now, anyway. I need to get to the point where I'm not disgusted by how fat I've gotten. I don't want to be "skinny," mind you -- I've never been *that*. But I'd like to tone up a bit and lose some fat before I start thinking about lifting for power again.

Thanks for listening, folks. Logging things here helps keep me honest with myself and accountable.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #5090
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

Montecristo

Starting to lift a bit heavier again after almost a month of lighter weights. Back today, so Deads, lat pulldowns, a bit of rowing and finished up with some supinating curls. A few new years resolutioners in, even at 5 this morning.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #5091
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSB75 View Post
Starting to lift a bit heavier again after almost a month of lighter weights. Back today, so Deads, lat pulldowns, a bit of rowing and finished up with some supinating curls. A few new years resolutioners in, even at 5 this morning.
I have never had trouble finding parking at the gym on a sunday afternoon till this time of year.

Then again I only went to sit on the bike
Old 01-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #5092
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

it has been warm enough to run outside the last 3 days. I love not having to wait for cardio equipment this time of year
Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #5093
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Oh I am not looking forward to all the New Years resolution people at the gym. It's funny because I definitely spot them out. Maybe there will be some new skinny girl with a skewed body image
Old 01-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #5094
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Oh I am not looking forward to all the New Years resolution people at the gym. It's funny because I definitely spot them out. Maybe there will be some new skinny girl with a skewed body image
Wow.

Oddly, there were nearly none when I went today. I think a lot of the resolutioners join the different classes and I went at a time that had no classes.

Shoulders today. Bought an iPhone app to help me track everything. It (Gym Buddy) is a pretty good app. No frills -- just a tracking app that will run stats on what you've done so you can track your progress/regress.

Anyway ... another day down.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:09 AM   #5095
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Nice solid day back after a 2 weeks off, gained a few pounds back
Incline and flat dumbbell.
Decline machine
Incline dumbbell flys
Decline cable flys

Machine curls
Seated barbell curls
Easybar curls

All 3x12
Old 01-04-2011, 05:26 AM   #5096
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about

Back from two weeks vacay and eating everything that wasn't nailed down. I did run and do sit UPS and pushups 4x while in Florida, but still put on a few pounds. Strict low cal diet and lots of cardio for a few weeks then I am going back to heavy lifting and lots of clean calories.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #5097
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

ERdM

Another day down. Did lats and bis today -- mostly lats. Didn't have time for my full cardio because I got drawn into spotting a friend and chatting with another professor who I haven't seen in a while. Didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped; but I did get a better sense of my limits and managed to get some more muscles to turn on and remember how to do things.

Tomorrow's supposed to be an "off" day; but I might save that for Thursday since I'll be traveling tomorrow evening. It's possible that I'll have to take the rest of the week off after that; but we'll see.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #5098
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

cardio then
back and shoulders didnt start out well, just feeling weak first set of pull ups was only 9 took five sets to get to 30
Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #5099
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Squatted 225 for 3 (with no belt)... Most I ever did before was 205. I'll hit my goal of squatting double my weight (290) soon, I think.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #5100
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
Squatted 225 for 3 (with no belt)... Most I ever did before was 205. I'll hit my goal of squatting double my weight (290) soon, I think.
Good job Dan

Chest and Tris for me this morning. Bench, Incline bench and some random arm exercises. Shoulder is bothering me a little, but my wife says I have been sleeping weird with it, so I put some icyhot on and it feels better.