Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NHL '13-'14 Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Yep, seeing a few more times, I think Seabrook will be sitting out game 3. Needed to be about a foot lower.....
not to mention his skates left the ice...it was completely predatory, intended, and douche. he should get the rest of the series.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #482
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I disagree on Seabrook being a douche, look at 9 years of play and tell me he is a "predatory" player. There are 100 guys in the league more "predatory" than Seabrook (including Mr. David Backes)

He had one skate on the ice when the hit was initiated, only leaving it after the hit was made. I do agree he deserves a suspension as the head was clearly the point of contact, though I was hoping 1 or at most 2 with Seabrook's complete lack of disciplinary history in a 9 year career. My opinion, worth all 2 cents.

Like E.J. said, Hawks are in serious trouble, down 2-0 and with Sheldon Brookbank in the line-up, a 7th D-Man replacing a 1-2. I'll keep the faith like I did against the Wings last year, but they are really going to need there star forwards to step up.....5 of the 6 goals they have scored have been from D-Men, including 2 from Seabrook.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #483
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

oh and p.s. God...please tell the Lightning to stop being ****ing useless. Amen.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #484
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
oh and p.s. God...please tell the Lightning to stop being ****ing useless. Amen.
They did get screwed by that "no goal" call. But yes, they need to get their crap together.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #485
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Damn Sharks are putting the boots to the kings tonight after going down by 2 goals they have scored 7 unanswered goals. What I really like is Quick is getting exposed for constantly coming out to far. Loved seeing Doughty truck Quick because he was so damn far out. Then watching the kings go after shepard who did nothing wrong. Game 3 will be very interesting.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #486
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Sharks beat the Kings physically and mentally, and then stole their girlfriends.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #487
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
They did get screwed by that "no goal" call. But yes, they need to get their crap together.
There were a few bad calls in that game, that was bad but there were a couple huge penalties by the Habs that just weren't called, part of me is glad I thought it was only the Bs that got ****ed by the Refs playing the frogs, seems their fairy godmothers look out for them against many teams.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:59 AM   #488
Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I disagree on Seabrook being a douche, look at 9 years of play and tell me he is a "predatory" player. There are 100 guys in the league more "predatory" than Seabrook (including Mr. David Backes)

He had one skate on the ice when the hit was initiated, only leaving it after the hit was made. I do agree he deserves a suspension as the head was clearly the point of contact, though I was hoping 1 or at most 2 with Seabrook's complete lack of disciplinary history in a 9 year career. My opinion, worth all 2 cents.

Like E.J. said, Hawks are in serious trouble, down 2-0 and with Sheldon Brookbank in the line-up, a 7th D-Man replacing a 1-2. I'll keep the faith like I did against the Wings last year, but they are really going to need there star forwards to step up.....5 of the 6 goals they have scored have been from D-Men, including 2 from Seabrook.
I do not think he is a Douche but that was a douchey hit...and he did leave the ice as he was hiting himmaybe not "before" but defuinately assisted in driving through the point of impact. in this case Backes' head. penalty and suspension I feel fit. and it is doen. I just wish that they could get on board and call this and suspend for it in a fair and consistant manner. Again, I do not see him as a predator but that was a predatory hit as the Hawks were looking to hit Backes any chance they could...because of his history.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #489
mk05
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
mk05 will become famous soon enough

Seabrook hit was a nice freakin hit. Pick your head up Backes.

Thought it was unfair for Detroit that the refs interfered between Chara and Smith.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #490
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tony, I can come a lot closer to agreeing with you now. I still don't think Seebs initiated the hit with intent to get the head, but who knows? Hope to see Backes back in there, I don't want to hear any excuses if the Hawks can come back in this series.

Marc...it certainly wasn't unfair for Smith!

Old 04-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #491
mk05
Have My Own Room

They could have used Chara off the ice. You know why they fight.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:15 AM   #492
AdamJoshua

Oh please marc that was nothing at all, the refs didn't "come between them" Chara laughed till he got a cramp and Smith left a few seconds after pissing himself. I find your comment predatory and douchey at best.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #493
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Chara (as Jack Palance) to Smith: "I crap bigger than you".

Old 04-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #494
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
There were a few bad calls in that game, that was bad but there were a couple huge penalties by the Habs that just weren't called, part of me is glad I thought it was only the Bs that got ****ed by the Refs playing the frogs, seems their fairy godmothers look out for them against many teams.
I don't know if any team anywhere gets more leeway from the refs at home than Montreal.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #495
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I heard it was Duncan Keith who had a case of diarrhea of the mouth with a classless taunt. Article/Video Link

Blackhawks aren't acting like champions in this series, IMHO.

1. Quenneville grabbing his crotch
2. Seabrook hit
3. Keith's taunt (if it was in fact Keith...but whoever it was, it was classless)

Starting to lose a little respect for them...The one "heat of the moment" thing I give the guy a pass on is the Seabrook hit. While warranting a suspension, not necessarily an intent to injure. The other two...well, douchebag moves, IMHO.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #496
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Listen to what Brendan Morrow (of the Blues) said. Worse things are said than that after every other shift in every NHL game. Fans and media just aren't privvy to it. I have vidoetape of things 100 times worse being said. Reaves, a whining clown who has little business in the NHL, should thicken up his skin if he is going to go around running people and shooting off his mouth every shift. It's the NHL, Boys, not table tennis. Reaves has seaid worse, and so has almost every player on the Blues, Blackhawks and Flyers. I have some great footage of Hartnell and Simmons shooting off their mouths, wish I could post VHS here.

Sorry for the rant, Joel, but Reaves is quite the pu$$y for such a "tough guy", and I really think people are clueless as to what goes on on the ice in an NHL game.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #497
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

Quote:
Listen to what Brendan Morrow (of the Blues) said. Worse things are said than that after every other shift in every NHL game. Fans and media just aren't privvy to it. I have vidoetape of things 100 times worse being said. Reaves, a whining clown who has little business in the NHL, should thicken up his skin if he is going to go around running people and shooting off his mouth every shift. It's the NHL, Boys, not table tennis. Reaves has seaid worse, and so has almost every player on the Blues, Blackhawks and Flyers. I have some great footage of Hartnell and Simmons shooting off their mouths, wish I could post VHS here.

Sorry for the rant, Joel, but Reaves is quite the pu$$y for such a "tough guy", and I really think people are clueless as to what goes on on the ice in an NHL game.
This. I've been a volunteer off-ice official in the CHL and SPHL, working mostly in the penalty box. These guys can get nasty with each other.

Here's a taste of what gets said on the ice (NSFW, language):
http://youtu.be/1MNA0_n32Hc

Edit: oh, and that clip is relatively tame compared to a lot of stuff that goes on.

Last edited by Porch Dweller; 04-21-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #498
mk05
Have My Own Room

Quote:

And parents thought Junior As were bad
Old 04-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #499
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Avs survive the 1st... Varly was awesome. Expected the Wild to come out hard and nasty, they did just that.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #500
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:

I don't disagree that things are said, often worse than this...but (you knew that was coming ) the guy obviously had a severe head injury. He couldn't even stand up. I have no problem with verbally berating a guy, give 'em an absolute verbal beat down! But the guy was injured, obviously injured, and that IMHO is time to show some class. If he thought he was faking it or embellishing the severity of it, fine... I'm okay with that. But it sure didn't seem that was the case, again, IMO.

For me, it's about the situation. If you don't agree,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
This. I've been a volunteer off-ice official in the CHL and SPHL, working mostly in the penalty box. These guys can get nasty with each other.

Here's a taste of what gets said on the ice (NSFW, language):
http://youtu.be/1MNA0_n32Hc

Edit: oh, and that clip is relatively tame compared to a lot of stuff that goes on.
I have absolutely no problem with what was said in that video, from an on the ice standpoint (don't think they should be walking around Boston talking like that ). Obviously he embellished an injury and the Bruins were letting him know they thought it was bush league (in so many words). They should and did rip him a new one!
Closed Thread