Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Re: Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010

You just knew Houston Nut vs Les Miles (AKA Bag of Weasels vs the Mad Hatter) would go down to the wire w/the two craziest coaches of the SEC. Another good win by LSU, didn't see Ole Miss puttin' up 36 though, put i have learned this season to never try to predict how LSU will play/win
Old 11-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
You just knew Houston Nut vs Les Miles (AKA Bag of Weasels vs the Mad Hatter) would go down to the wire w/the two craziest coaches of the SEC. Another good win by LSU, didn't see Ole Miss puttin' up 36 though, put i have learned this season to never try to predict how LSU will play/win
No doubt. I thought Nutt was gonna dig into his sack of weasels and pull that one out. I think the best game I've watched in a while was Arkie-Miss St. that was just an entertaining game. Arkie tried everything they could to give that game away.

On to the Iron Bowl, fellers....
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
No doubt. I thought Nutt was gonna dig into his sack of weasels and pull that one out. I think the best game I've watched in a while was Arkie-Miss St. that was just an entertaining game. Arkie tried everything they could to give that game away.

On to the Iron Bowl, fellers....
Yeah we did... but Miss St. deserves a lot of credit. They abused the major weakness that we've had all season. They also came in with the 6yrd game plan (run 6yrds, stop, run 6 all the way down the field) to burn our defense out (6min at a time on the field) and limit our offensive possession. This they executed to perfection...

The stupid penalties and fumbles HAVE to stop.

From the outsider's perspective this was an excellent game to watch. From a Razorback fan's perspective it was a heart pounding, ulcer giving, nail biter.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post
Yeah we did... but Miss St. deserves a lot of credit. They abused the major weakness that we've had all season. They also came in with the 6yrd game plan (run 6yrds, stop, run 6 all the way down the field) to burn our defense out (6min at a time on the field) and limit our offensive possession. This they executed to perfection...

The stupid penalties and fumbles HAVE to stop.

From the outsider's perspective this was an excellent game to watch. From a Razorback fan's perspective it was a heart pounding, ulcer giving, nail biter.
I agree and would add that each assessment is based on coaching. Mullen was/is a better coach = executed a great gameplan. Petrino has a team that turns the ball over and gets penalties. The W came from Arkansas having better players

I shed a tear every time I see Mullen coach, he has a great offensive mind. The difference can clearly be seen at UF when we went from Mullen to Addazio at Offensive Coordinator.

My darkest fear is that Richt hangs on for one more year at UGA, Mullen continues to do well at State and Georgia hires him
Old 11-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
auburnfan1980

Iron Bowl Week.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Let's get it on!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Powers

Bolivar

Will it be War Damn Eagle or Rammer Jammer?

I'll be glued to the TV for this one!
Old 11-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

I believe Auby has a problem!!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
Powers

Bolivar

Wow what a game

Auburn up by 1 but I think we'll have one more turnover to decide the winner
Old 11-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Really hated McElroy go out. He looks really really dazed. Hopefully he will recover.

Roll Tide.....
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough

war eagle!!!!!
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #12
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

I hope I don't hear Saban, in next week, say anything about players NOT giving 60 minutes of play, because Nick only gave 30 minutes of coaching! Why take a winning pln in the 1st half, and go 180 degrees away from it in 2nd?????? Great plan for 2nd half- Pass, pass, pass to Julio Jones. And, by all means, in the second half, let's not Blitz!!!!!!! WTF. This loss was a coaching loss, not a player loss.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
I hope I don't hear Saban, in next week, say anything about players NOT giving 60 minutes of play, because Nick only gave 30 minutes of coaching! Why take a winning pln in the 1st half, and go 180 degrees away from it in 2nd?????? Great plan for 2nd half- Pass, pass, pass to Julio Jones. And, by all means, in the second half, let's not Blitz!!!!!!! WTF. This loss was a coaching loss, not a player loss.
I Agree; Nick Was Outcoached. I Know He's Conservative By Nature, But Do Something Different "Occasionally"!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:55 AM   #14
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
I Agree; Nick Was Outcoached. I Know He's Conservative By Nature, But Do Something Different "Occasionally"!
That's true, but Bama left way to many points on the field in the first half as well
Old 11-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #15
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's true, but Bama left way to many points on the field in the first half as well
So True, Mike. My Son Was Saying If We Would Have Just Scored 2 Field Goals Instead Of The Fumble In The End Zone For A Touchback By Ingram & The Dropped Pass By Richardson; Auburn Probably Couldn't Have Caught Up In The 2nd Half. Those 2 Busted Plays Made A Huge Difference In The Game Outcome. GL, Today Against FSU!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #16
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
You know, and I hate to say it, but we were outcoached more than once this year. I just can't figure out why we refuse to keep our foot on somebody's neck when we've got them right where we want them. They did the same damn thing last year with Texas and it almost cost us. Bama left at least 17 points on the table early in the game and then in the second half just completely lay an egg.

Oh well, congrats to the barn, good luck against the cocks, and if you make it to the dance against the ducks, there ain't no way the ducks win that game. Go get 'em.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #17
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road

Bowl Eligible! From a season that started out as a an absolute turd! My Vols finished out strong!
BloodSpite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #18
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Auburn and the Cocks. No worries, Joey, I will be rooting for SC, so no need to make any excuses as to why you can't make a wager.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:26 AM   #19
Powers

Bolivar

Just found this video, War $cam Eagle!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiL5UJmkfco

Old 11-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #20
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Just found this video, War $cam Eagle!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiL5UJmkfco

Will Be Interesting To See How All This "Pans Out"!