Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #421
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NHL 2013 Thread

Sharks lose 6th straight. At least in the playoffs my misery ends at 4 in a row.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #422
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Yah talk about falling apart and fast, meanwhile Chi is still steamrolling and the Bs are staying fairly solid, still ticked only get 1/2 season.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #423
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
Sharks lose 6th straight. At least in the playoffs my misery ends at 4 in a row.
Bad run. Mix of bad bad play and bad luck, really just bad play. The game against cbj where vlassic is playing anisimov on the breakaway with Foligno to the wall loses his stick. Instead of continuing to play anisimov and just bodying him he stops to go get his stick. Now its a 2 on 1 and a easy goal. How in your own zone you would think thats the best choice I dont know. It was literally like he just said &uckit. This from an (allegedly) top level defenseman.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #424
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Bad run. Mix of bad bad play and bad luck, really just bad play. The game against cbj where vlassic is playing anisimov on the breakaway with Foligno to the wall loses his stick. Instead of continuing to play anisimov and just bodying him he stops to go get his stick. Now its a 2 on 1 and a easy goal. How in your own zone you would think thats the best choice I dont know. It was literally like he just said &uckit. This from an (allegedly) top level defenseman.
I claim no significant experience playing hockey; aside from playing street & floor hockey in elementary school, and 1 season of roller hockey in college and I think I learned better than that by day 2.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #425
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

This is just a frustrating year so far........ Now EJ is out as well.....and word is that the good money is that O'Reilly has played his last game in an Avs jersey.......
Old 02-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #426
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Matt Cooke is at it again, and now Ottawa has lost the highest scoring D-man in the NHL for an extended period.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/89...ring-cut-skate

I was watching the game....looked like an obvious stomp to the back of the leg to me. The Pens announcers kept playing it off as an inadventant accident. Watch the replay at 0:46 and decide for yourself.

Hope this guy gets tossed for good.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:45 AM   #427
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Matt Cooke is at it again, and now Ottawa has lost the highest scoring D-man in the NHL for an extended period.

I was watching the game....looked like an obvious stomp to the back of the leg to me. The Pens announcers kept playing it off as an inadventant accident. Watch the replay at 0:46 and decide for yourself.

Sure did look like that guy had some intent there?
Cooke is a POS and should have been dealt with long ago.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #428
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Trading: (0)
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
This is just a frustrating year so far........ Now EJ is out as well.....and word is that the good money is that O'Reilly has played his last game in an Avs jersey.......
I agree with you, looks like it will be another ho-hum season at best
Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #429
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:

I watched the video on YouTube. I hope he finally goes away, but doubt it will happen. Hes going to say it wasnt on purpose. Given he tried to kick osgood in the neck he has shown he will use his skates. I know you dont like Grapes Tom, but his video on Cooke is perfect and shows a lot of his intent to injure knee hits and headshots. He was quiet for a season, but you knew he would do something.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #430
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I agree that his true colors were gonna come out again at some point, Mike...leopard and his spots, ya know. To me, it is clear cut he did that to Karlsson intentionally.

And who said I don't like Grapes? He is obnoxious, but he is also funny and sure knows his hockey.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #431
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I agree that his true colors were gonna come out again at some point, Mike...leopard and his spots, ya know. To me, it is clear cut he did that to Karlsson intentionally.
I can guarantee that he will say it was not intentional. I do think he meant to do it. I've watched a lot of hockey in my life, and I can remember ever seeing someone bringing up the skate like that while finishing a check. Cooke's reputation definitely proceeds him here. I think he should definitely face some disciplinary action.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #432
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Shanahan has already said no discipline for Cooke, Steve. And we know Cooke will say it was unintentional. But like you, I know of no play along the boards where lifting the skate a foot of the ice is a "hockey play".

Old 02-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #433
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Matt Cooke is the biggest cheat shot artist in the NHL and has been for years. Had to deal with him in Vancouver for years playing against the Wild. I remember one cheap shot in particular where he took a head shot against Mikko Koivu and when our enforcer Matt Johnson (who could take anybody down) stepped in to fight him, Cooke slashed him in the ankle and spent the rest of the game running from him and hiding behind his teammates. Hate that guy.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #434
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Avs win(SO)....I'm not watching.... Hope it wasn't some type of karma thing.....

GO AVS!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #435
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Avs win(SO)....I'm not watching.... Hope it wasn't some type of karma thing.....

GO AVS!
I'd say it was mostly because the Wild have no clue how to win shootouts....It was a good game though. The Wild actually scored more than one goal, and the Aves looked pretty good even with all the injuries.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #436
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Hawks are now tied for 3rd longest undefeated in regulation streak to start a season, and only 2 from the record. The Anaheim Ducks started 12-0-4 in 2006-07. The Edmonton Oilers went 12-0-3 in 1984-85.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #437
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Sharks are just on a downward spiral.
Ugly to watch
Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #438
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Sharks are just on a downward spiral.
Ugly to watch
Niemi has been the bright spot, with the exception of last night...he just ran into a freight train, Mike.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #439
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Avs are going to give up 60 SOG tonight...WTF???

Go Avs!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #440
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Oilers look desperate, be afraid, E.J.....be very afraid.

Closed Thread