Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #421
gpugliese
B.Y.O.B.

First Name: Greg
Trading: (13)
HUpmann
gpugliese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Nice G17! That is a 2nd generation, correct?
Yea. Only a few of the third generation models are legal in MA due to the dealer ban on any Glock manufactured past October 1998 (thanks dimwit Attorney General!).

Even the second gens seem hard to come by at times.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #422
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
In the near future we will be throwing rocks because the government will have destroyed all of our guns.
From what I have read and heard, you will be grandfathered in if there are changes, so better get while the getting is good.

In Florida, there are 70 bins of unprocessed CCW applications and, surprisingly, they have budgeted for 60 more state employees to help with the backlog, mostly in the criminal background department.

Also surprising, they are still doing well in processing in the mandated 90 day period for concealed carry.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #423
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
From what I have read and heard, you will be grandfathered in if there are changes, so better get while the getting is good.

In Florida, there are 70 bins of unprocessed CCW applications and, surprisingly, they have budgeted for 60 more state employees to help with the backlog, mostly in the criminal background department.

Also surprising, they are still doing well in processing in the mandated 90 day period for concealed carry.
Wow, that is a long time to wait for a permit. Here in Ohio, once you go through all the mandated testing, background check, etc. it took me 3 days to get my permit.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #424
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Wow, that is a long time to wait for a permit. Here in Ohio, once you go through all the mandated testing, background check, etc. it took me 3 days to get my permit.
In Michigan it can take up to 6 weeks once you submit your paperwork, fee, finger prints, and photos. Renewals tend to come quicker. It varies greatly depending on what county you're in.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #425
Tombstone

Just sent in my CCW app. Last time it took about 2 weeks. How often does everyone carry?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #426
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just sent in my CCW app. Last time it took about 2 weeks. How often does everyone carry?
As often as I can.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #427
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Whenever possible.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #428
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
AAlmeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
In Michigan it can take up to 6 weeks once you submit your paperwork, fee, finger prints, and photos. Renewals tend to come quicker. It varies greatly depending on what county you're in.

Aww screw all you guys!

It's roughly a one year process here in NY. Hell, it took me 3 weeks to get the permit application.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #429
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAlmeter View Post
Aww screw all you guys!

It's roughly a one year process here in NY. Hell, it took me 3 weeks to get the permit application.
That's the beauty of being in a "shall issue" state I guess. That, plus I don't have to demonstrate some specific "need" to bear arms in order to be granted permission to carry.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #430
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
That's the beauty of being in a "shall issue" state I guess. That, plus I don't have to demonstrate some specific "need" to bear arms in order to be granted permission to carry.
That is what the 2nd Amendment is all about
Old 03-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #431
Tombstone

On my application i put i need the CCW for personal protection. They should grant me the license correct?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #432
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Thank goodness I'm a LEO. In MI I don't need a CCW only my dept. ID. And when I retire I still get to carry with my retired ID.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #433
GhostRyder
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Sam
Trading: (2)
GhostRyder is on a distinguished road

I'll be applying for mine as soon as my 21st rolls around. In Virginia they aren't difficult to get and my Clerk of my local Circuit Court seemed to believe I'd have no trouble getting mine pretty quickly. Whenever you all get the chance support the right to concealed carry on college campuses. I'm a Virginia Tech student, and after the events of April 16th, 2007 I'm even more firm in my resolve to carry all the time. A knife only does so much good.

I don't have time to get on my soap box about it, but if you haven't read anything by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman I highly recommend it. All you LEOs and military personnel out there MUST read On Combat and On Killing. GREAT books.

...I digress.

Concealed Carry = Good.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #434
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Quote:
.... How often does everyone carry?
Anyplace I am on any day that ends in Y. If you see me, i'm well armed.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #435
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Anyplace I am on any day that ends in Y. If you see me, i'm well armed.
I like it!

Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #436
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
On my application i put i need the CCW for personal protection. They should grant me the license correct?
I'm 99% sure Alabama is a shall issue state. In shall issue states all you need to be is a non-felon basically. There are a few alcohol or domestic abuse misdemeanors that will also disqualify you. Anyway, in other states you often have to be a business owner, or someone who does bank drops, something some biased gun board considers a "need". Michigan was like this prior to 7/1/01, although the scrutiny varied by county.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #437
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Quote:
I like it!
I'm of the mindset that guns aren't comfortable, they are comforting. I can't ever see a reason not to be ready to go to work.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #438
Roland of Gilead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Thank goodness I'm a LEO. In MI I don't need a CCW only my dept. ID. And when I retire I still get to carry with my retired ID.
I guess some citizens are more equall than others...

I carry daily.

I don't believe that one should need a permit to exersize a God given right.

-Roland.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #439
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05 View Post
And with hearing the feds wanna tax ammo by 500% and serial number each casing I feel its better to buy now instead of paying say 100 bucks for 20 rounds of .223 at around 20 bucks a box now.
They have tried the serial number thing a few times in different states, and it hasn't worked so far. Hopefully it won't in any state. I am a reloader so the serial number thing would pretty much put me out of business as far as rolling my own.

I hope they change there minds and remember what happened when they passed the Brady bill. A lot of congressmen lost there seats.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #440
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
The problem is that it's taking almost 3 months just to process the applications and file the fingerprints. When I applied, I did the electric fingerprints and it cut about a month off the process, but that's not the case anymore. I recall the wait being much worse than a shipment of cigars.

There are litterally thousands of applications rolling in to the Dept Of Agriculture and I think you really don't know who's carrying in Florida anymore.