Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #4281
BigFrank
5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
Haven't posted in here in awhile. Been hitting the weight room pretty hard as of late. Lost 30 lbs in last two months, which I attribute mostly to just eating better. Started a new workout that is kicking my ass and started hitting the bike again. Hoping to continue on the same path
Glad to hear brother. I've been hitting the weights hard but the diet part hasnt been going too well for myself lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader1974 View Post
Thanks for the info Frank. I think you may be right.
Hope it helps some.

Glad to hear you're back Dokk. Time to get better and get stronger.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #4282
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Even dem legs out, Dokk!

Bought some MHP Trac Extreme today, will give it a go on Sunday.

Heavy shoulders, traps and arms today. Almost always work out in a baggy sweatshirt...took it off for a sleeveless t today. Got a lot of comments on the guns from the guys who see me every day in my mumus.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #4283
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzfrank View Post
Anyone else use the High Intensity Training method? When I picked up a personal trainer at the beginning of the year, he turned me on to it.

Moderately heavy weight with little rest time and lot of different intensity training techniques thrown in. Every set to failure. I puked my first 3 leg work outs in a row.
I used to use HIT for runs. It works pretty well when your cutting. Outside of that not really a fan.

Quote:
Black Powder by MRi gave a crazy pump but lacked any stims at all.
This sounds pretty good for me. I generally dont have issues with energy for workout. I usually work out PM and late usually an hour or two before bed. I am looking for something that wont jack me up because then sleep will be an issue.

What would you guys suggest for non energy PM workout drink?
I have never been a big supplements guy. Just Protien and vitamins. Lookingto expand as I am going to be hitting it hard again as I just had to buy a new duty belt do to expansion.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #4284
zemekone
im hungry...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (0)
ERdM
zemekone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
I have never been a big supplements guy. Just Protien and vitamins. Lookingto expand as I am going to be hitting it hard again as I just had to buy a new duty belt do to expansion.
Personally I like Gun Powder by Pure Performance Nutrition, lately alot of guys from the Jiu Jitsu dojo have been using Jack3d by USP labs, and NOshotgun by VPX nutrition

hope that helps
Old 07-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #4285
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemekone View Post
Personally I like Gun Powder by Pure Performance Nutrition, lately alot of guys from the Jiu Jitsu dojo have been using Jack3d by USP labs, and NOshotgun by VPX nutrition

hope that helps

Jack3d seems to have a lot less stims than the other pre-workout drinks I have cycled.

I will be able to report on MHP Trac next week, itzfrank says he thinks it is a bit lower on the stims too.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #4286
BigFrank
5 3 1

Partagas

Quote:
I have never been a big supplements guy. Just Protien and vitamins. Looking to expand as I am going to be hitting it hard again as I just had to buy a new duty belt do to expansion.
I drink powdered gatorade with aminos while I train. A few companies make a pre-mixed drink to have during training. There are a few products that are stim free. Animal Products put the stims in a separate pill so you can take it out if you are training late. What I found helps is just not to take so much when training late. If it says 1 scoop, do 1/3 instead, and make sure to take early before workout. Most guys, myself included pound down and energy drink 5 minutes before we walk into the gym. Most of the effects do not kick in until later in the workout. If you drink a small serving early before workout you should be ok.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #4287
BigFrank
5 3 1

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

Jack3d seems to have a lot less stims than the other pre-workout drinks I have cycled.
You must immune to them than Tom. I've been using the Jack3d for the last month it gets me unreal wired. But I find it fades fast.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #4288
itzfrank

Quote:

I will be able to report on MHP Trac next week, itzfrank says he thinks it is a bit lower on the stims too.
Whoa whoa! I said jack3d made me feel cracked out and I couldn't keep my breath. MHP TRAC Xtreme was the perfect balance of stims and pump for me.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #4289
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Think I will try the gunpowder maybe get it from GNC or the other major chain and if it jacks me up to hard I will just take it back.

Because of the vasodilation these products are not good to use when running right? I seem to remember reading somthing about your body fighting itself because it is trying to raise blood pressure by constricting the blood vessels during the run while the NO products are dilating them. Not sure if that is exactly accurate but something along those lines
Old 07-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #4290
itzfrank

Quote:
I used to use HIT for runs. It works pretty well when your cutting. Outside of that not really a fan.

I've been using moderately heavy weights with my trainer for HIT and I've been putting on some decent size. It's all about the failure in every set and using intensity techniques.

As per your 2nd comment, I would probably stay away from PW drinks for evening workouts as the stims are usually the equivalent as to 2 cups of coffee. Might be better of with an arganine/creatine combo. It'd probably be most cost efficient, too.

I, also, use a carb supp called CarboHit that I use during my work out. Carbo Hit

Old 07-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #4291
itzfrank

Quote:
Think I will try the gunpowder maybe get it from GNC or the other major chain and if it jacks me up to hard I will just take it back.

Because of the vasodilation these products are not good to use when running right? I seem to remember reading somthing about your body fighting itself because it is trying to raise blood pressure by constricting the blood vessels during the run while the NO products are dilating them. Not sure if that is exactly accurate but something along those lines
You'd think it'd make it easier since it's helping to deliver oxygen and nutrients throughout the body. It also helps to prevent lactic acid build up.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #4292
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
You must immune to them than Tom. I've been using the Jack3d for the last month it gets me unreal wired. But I find it fades fast.
Not out of the question, Frank.

Quote:
Whoa whoa! I said jack3d made me feel cracked out and I couldn't keep my breath. MHP TRAC Xtreme was the perfect balance of stims and pump for me.
I knew you said MHP was lower on the stims, Frank....I was just saying that compared to White Flood and the other Pre Workout supps I have used, jack3d seems tame. I haven't even tried the MHP yet, just bought it today, but I gathered from your earlier post that it would have less stims than jack3d.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #4293
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

chest and back with some abs tonite. Same 3x5x10 for the 4th week? idk I need to check though.

I did an all new chest routine and left the bench for last because I read somewhere that by doing so you recruit more muscles to help out. *shrugs*
Old 07-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #4294
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Looking forward to my workout later. Bought some White Flood yesterday and some ON Whey Rocky road flavor
Old 07-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #4295
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Looking forward to my workout later. Bought some White Flood yesterday and some ON Whey Rocky road flavor
Two of my all time faves, Christos!

Off day for me!

Old 07-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #4296
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

superpump just doesn't seem to cut the mustard for me anymore, I need a new preworkout
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #4297
BigFrank
5 3 1

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
superpump just doesn't seem to cut the mustard for me anymore, I need a new preworkout
When I was taking NO supplements I cycled between Universal's Shock Therapy and there Pump, White Flood, and N.O. Explode. Shock Therapy definitely had more stims in it along with the pump. Pump was nice because it was in pill form but ending up cost slightly more than most. The others were middle of the road. Now I just slam an energy drink or some jack3d before training.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #4298
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I've had white flood before and didn't like it as much. NO xplode seems to work for a bit for me and then doesn't do much. Maybe I'll try it again or shock therapy which i've never had
Old 07-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #4299
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I will give an update on the MHP Trac after my workout tomorrow.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #4300
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
I will give an update on the MHP Trac after my workout tomorrow.
I will reserve judgement until I try this for a few workouts, but let me say that upon my first sampling, I am not overly impressed with the results.

Closed Thread