Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
andromalius
Cigar Nirvana

First Name: Jon
Trading: (0)
andromalius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ACID Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
So I was sitting, smoking an Ashton VSG, when the wife lights up a Nasty. She gets maybe 1/4" in, turns to me and delivers probably the most succinct review of a cigar I've ever heard.

Wife: "This cigar isn't very good, it kinda tastes like spicy dirt. Do you think it would be okay if I just threw it away?"
Me: "Please..."

Made me laugh anyways.
I've never had a Nasty, but I actually like Drew Estate, and I'd try one if I had one. My favorite DE is the Earthiness, which actually does taste like "spicy dirt". It sounds unappealing (dirt? really? is what I usually get asked), but I find it to be an enjoyable smoke.

And for all you haters out there, if you ever get an unwanted DE cigar and want to get rid of it, PM me and I'll help you dispose of it.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

First Name: Chris
Army (Served With Honor)
Sonic04GT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromalius View Post
I've never had a Nasty, but I actually like Drew Estate, and I'd try one if I had one. My favorite DE is the Earthiness, which actually does taste like "spicy dirt". It sounds unappealing (dirt? really? is what I usually get asked), but I find it to be an enjoyable smoke.

And for all you haters out there, if you ever get an unwanted DE cigar and want to get rid of it, PM me and I'll help you dispose of it.

Sonic04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

First Name: Craig
Trading: (24)
the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about

Acids brought me in to the fold. T52s keep me here. I still enjoy a Kuba Kuba Maduro regularly. The Dirt Torpedo is fantastic smoke and a killer social lubricant. JD is a riot in person. What's not to be thankful for with Drew Estates?

The nasty. The nasty is nasty. With it's name and shape, I really, really wanted it to be good. It actually led to the formation of the cigar law of inverse proportions which explicitly states that name and shape esteem increase indirectly proportional to the odds of the cigar tasting like a slim jim wrapped in toilet paper.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #24
Theo Cincy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Theo
Trading: (33)
HUpmann
Theo Cincy has a spectacular aura aboutTheo Cincy has a spectacular aura about

I agree awful taste.
Theo Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #25
BlindedByScience
Proud USMC Dad

First Name: Tom
BlindedByScience will become famous soon enough

A very good friend of mine runs a very busy B&M on the east coast. On my last visit, I was ribbing him about his extensive Acid selection. He told me "....you wouldn't believe how many we sell...". I look at it this way - if Acid's get folks interested in the world of premium hand made cigars, so much the better. Hey, like what you smoke, smoke what you like....right? There's no question that the nice folks at Drew Estates know very well how to make a wonderful cigar. My cabinet has Pigs, Rats, Liga #9's, and Undercrown's in it...'nuff said.

No, Acid's aren't my thing either. If you don't like them, don't smoke them. But, let's not alienate the folks that do....just show them the better path...

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.