Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #21
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Illusione Ultra = Ultra bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudu9 View Post
Again. Super sorry that the cigar was plugged. This is a rare issue with my line, as many of you know and is an easy fix. All comments positive and constructive are forwarded to the factory.

Dion.
The fact that Dion posted here with another apology, shows his commitment to his customers!

BTW - Looks like I won't be smoking one today, but Mark (NorcalMark) at Tower Pipes & Cigars put one on hold for me to try!!!

Smoke what you like!!!

Last edited by Skywalker; 09-03-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #22
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Although Dion's response was maybe a bit cheeky, he's right on the money.
I mean no disrespect when I say "If a plugged cigar is going to effect you so dramatically as to ruin your night, you may want to try another hobby."
You're going to experience more plugged cigars, for sure. If you start smoking cc's, you can expect LOTS. It happens, and it always will.
Cigar smoking is supposed to be relaxing, brother. Maybe if you expect them all to be plugged, then it'll make your night if a particular cigar isn't plugged?
At any rate, I think you kinda went off the deep end on this, and I can say that from experience. I've gone off the edge more than once, myself.
I just hope you can forget this and start enjoying your smokes again.

On a personal level, I don't smoke Illusione's because I don't care for Dion's persona, or the weird ideas and thoughts he's put out there in the past. His response to you was really no surprise to me at all. As far as I'm concerned, he can suck it.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #23
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Some of these (and the Maduros) shipped a bit wet, but that cleared up after sitting a while...

The Mk Ultras are a great cigar, and I love the size...

Dion's stuff is NOT usually problematic, in fact, I have had VERY few problems construction wise with his sticks, and most have been exceptional...

Zach, send me your address, and I will send you another Ultra from my box, that I am sure you will not have a problem with

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #24
ZachF88
Feeling at Home

First Name: Zach
Trading: (32)
ZachF88 is on a distinguished road

Well I will admit I probably did do over the edge a bit on this one. I've had many plugged cigars (including cc's) in the past, but they were still smokable (just a really hard draw). I haven't had time the past 2 weeks to smoke a cigar, nor can I really waste $9 right now, since my dog had hip surgery over a week ago. I only had about a 75 minute window to myself last night and I ended up spending a good 30 mins trying to get this plugged cigar lit. Again, sorry if I went off a tad, but I ultimately emailed Illusione to provide my feedback. I took Dion's reply as tongue-in-cheek.

Certainly, everyone is in-titled to their own opinion. I just hope you brothers don't end up with a cigar like this, whether or not it's an Illusione.

In the future, is there anything at all that can unplug a plugged cigar, besides long-aging?
ZachF88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #25
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachF88 View Post
In the future, is there anything at all that can unplug a plugged cigar, besides long-aging?
Draw tools work wonders on a plugged stick.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #26
Skywalker
BABOTL

Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Draw tools work wonders on a plugged stick.
Here's a "plug" for my friend boom! He makes some very nice draw tools!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...18&postcount=1

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
ZachF88
Feeling at Home

First Name: Zach
Trading: (32)
ZachF88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post

Zach, send me your address, and I will send you another Ultra from my box, that I am sure you will not have a problem with

~brooks
Thank you for the offer, but you don't have to do this to make things right.
ZachF88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #28
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachF88 View Post
Thank you for the offer, but you don't have to do this to make things right.
It is what BOTLs do...

PM ADDRESS

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #29
Pat1075
Feeling at Home

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (11)
HUpmann
Pat1075 is on a distinguished road

I just cut my cigar then give a test draw if it doesn't draw it goes back in the humi until it will. Often times this system works out.
Pat1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #30
thechrisdotcom

Trading: (2)
thechrisdotcom has disabled reputation

I've smoked a couple Illusiones but never had a draw problem. I do find them to be pretty strong in strength for me which kind of turns me off. They kick my arse.
thechrisdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #31
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I have good and bad cigars from many different manufacturers. Although a good or great cigar can really make my day, I don't let a bad cigar ruin my day. Life's too short...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #32
Skywalker
BABOTL

Partagas

Way to go, Brooks!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 06:14 AM   #33
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
The fact that Dion posted here with another apology, shows his commitment to his customers!

BTW - Looks like I won't be smoking one today, but Mark (NorcalMark) at Tower Pipes & Cigars put one on hold for me to try!!!
Sorry but it's no longer there. I gave it away.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #34
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

Smoked an Ultra last night and the draw was a little tight, but I was able to smoke it. I used a Xikar multi-tool to just barely cut the cap. The draw opened up a little as I smoked it, but it went out once when I went inside to grab a glass of water, so I think they need some down time before smoking the next one. They have only been in my humidor for a week at 70%. I really enjoyed the stick and will probably buy a box.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #35
fritz43096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
That'll happen. I've had plugged Illusiones, Partagas, Punch, Cohiba, Montecristo....You name it, they are hand made and so every now and then you'll catch a dud.

I wouldn't let one plugged cigar turn you off of any brand.

I'm close to finishing off a box of Illusione CG4s. Early on in the box I had a bad one that literally looked like a cigar load had gone off on the end of it. All the rest have been great. Illusione makes some great cigars (for my taste) so I wouldn't give up on them yet.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #36
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

you could just send me your other illusions. I'll dispose of them for you.

But seriously, I wouldn't let one cigar ruin a whole brand for you.
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #37
Skywalker
BABOTL

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #38
whodeeni

Talking Re: Illusione Ultra = Ultra bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
hahaha!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #39
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Think You Had One Bad Stick, Brother. I Smoke Illusiones All The Time & Never Had A Bad One. In Fact, Had An Awesome Illusione hl Maduro This Morning!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #40
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

As to Dion's response. The problem with Email and texting is that it is one demential. He may have taken what you wrote vary serious and will follow up on it. I am sure he receives 100's of emails about his products (good and bad). I am impressed that at least he responded personally. He could have sent a canned response and just blow you off. I am not trying to make excuses for him, but look at what someone in his position deals with on a daily basses. just my two cents.