Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #21
Wanger

Default Re: Road to the Frozen Four

Sigh...

Having been an athlete at UND, that was a PAINFUL loss. I also know that I'm just wired that way, too. I know the hurt that they were feeling in that locker room last night, and no doubtedly are feeling today. This was THE year. They had a high scoring team with a great defense, led by a STRONG group of seniors. This one hurts...a lot.

Plain and simple, Hunwick won the game singlehandedly. Big save after big save after big save. To stop 40 shot from that pressure all game long, I tip my cap to him. Start to finish, the Sioux controlled most of the game, but a defenseman loses his guy for 3 seconds, and the game winner goes in. If it had gone the other way, I'd be able to say it was a great game sooner. Maybe in a year, I'll be able to talk about how good of a game it was, but d@mmit, it's painful right now.

Given how Hunwick played last night, if he plays like that tomorrow, Duluth has no shot. They stood up to the physical play of the Sioux (even though they seemed to come out on the short end of all those battles), and I don't see UMD being as physical.

Given how I feel right now...go nobody on Saturday.

Actually, even though I don't want to see banner #10 go up for Michigan, I'd rather have that than have to listen to the UMD fans around here chirping about title #1.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #22
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Sorry about your Sioux.... I didn't get to see anything but the 1st period...(watched the final period of the first game, first period of the second game)....

Hell of a run...

E.J.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #23
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
Who would have thought the game would end up 2-0? Let alone michigan being the 2 Without Hunwick standing on his head, ND could have easily had 5 goals.

GO BLUE
Old 04-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #24
Wanger

All I can keep saying today is "F@#K!!!"

For all that they did and as well as they played all year long, it feels like an empty, lost season, with 2 years rebuilding ahead.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #25
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

OT!
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #26
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Heck of a game. I didn't have a dog in this fight but it was nice to see such a great game.

I love watching the winners celebrate and I hate watching the losers stand around and wait.

I just hope I get to see my kid competing like this some day. And I hope he is doing the celebrating, not the standing around.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #27
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a big hockey fan...but WOW...what a game.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #28
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough

Have to tip my hat to UMD. Didn't get a championship with Brett Hull but they finished this time. Great finish too.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #29
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #30
Wanger

Couldn't watch it. Too painful. Was hoping Michigan would win it, because now I have to listen to the local Duluth fans rub it in. Ugh! Glad for the fans that it was a good game, though.