Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #21
kayaker

Default Re: Fuk....is anyone Anemic?

Cyanide is a doctor and happy to answer questions.

Hope you get it figured out soon and are felling better. Positive thoughts going your way.

Congrats to you and the Missus.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #22
Cyanide

If he is ordering pints of blood for you then you probably are down "half your blood". I am thinking you are probably somewhere between 70-100, where normal would be 140 (Canadian units). You could still function "normally" if it was a gradual decline.

Now, I don't want to discuss in the open forum why its important to get the colonoscopy. But, if you want to PM me I can give you some information. Hopefully you are getting some bloodwork done too, to help figure out the cause.

Hopefully the bloodwork will include a ferritin, serum iron, TIBC, serum folate, serum vitB12. A "blood smear" would also be useful at this time, and there should be a consideration for a direct/indirect coombs assay as well as haptoglobin and liver function tests (ALT, bilirubin, PT, PTT).

If those aren't all included on the lab req, feel free to PM me.

Hey, in general, feel free to PM me. There is a very "serious sh!t" angle to this.

Hope this either helps, or induces you to PM me so I can help were I can.

Cheers

Cyanide
Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #23
mrreindeer

Thanks Ian, very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito View Post
I hope it isn't genetic,I should have mine checked. It takes about 3hours per unit for the blood, maybe you need some hat?
Oh God....

You know, Perry, mrsreindeer cooked up some awesome hat just last night for me for my birthday, I'm good....really. Really really good there. But I really appreciate your suggestion.

Appreciate you guys cheering me up; it's working. I already feel like I have a higher blood count due to good vibes.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #24
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

What he said.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #25
mrreindeer

Thanks so much John....I'll likely be shooting you a PM soon.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #26
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide View Post
If he is ordering pints of blood for you then you probably are down "half your blood". I am thinking you are probably somewhere between 70-100, where normal would be 140 (Canadian units). You could still function "normally" if it was a gradual decline.

Now, I don't want to discuss in the open forum why its important to get the colonoscopy. But, if you want to PM me I can give you some information. Hopefully you are getting some bloodwork done too, to help figure out the cause.

Hopefully the bloodwork will include a ferritin, serum iron, TIBC, serum folate, serum vitB12. A "blood smear" would also be useful at this time, and there should be a consideration for a direct/indirect coombs assay as well as haptoglobin and liver function tests (ALT, bilirubin, PT, PTT).

If those aren't all included on the lab req, feel free to PM me.

Hey, in general, feel free to PM me. There is a very "serious sh!t" angle to this.

Hope this either helps, or induces you to PM me so I can help were I can.

Cheers

Cyanide
Nice to have Doc Cy around!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #27
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post
Thanks Ian, very much.

Oh God....

You know, Perry, mrsreindeer cooked up some awesome hat just last night for me for my birthday, I'm good....really. Really really good there. But I really appreciate your suggestion.

Appreciate you guys cheering me up; it's working. I already feel like I have a higher blood count due to good vibes.
hat
Old 02-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #28
skibumdc
That's what she said

First Name: Balco
Trading: (8)
PL
skibumdc is on a distinguished road

Did you look under the couch....I lose stuff under there all the time.
Maybe that's where your blood went.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #29
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Best wishes to you especially, and the missus. Pray that everything turns out positive, and that God grants you peace!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #30
MithShrike

Sorry to hear that man, hope things work out for you. My little sister is anemic and it stemmed from her being a vegetarian for a year. Luckily she passed that phase but she is still iron deficient and has to take supplements.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #31
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

David, prayers for you brother.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #32
Cigary

Sorry to hear what is going on with you Dave,,,,but been there done that. I think I have had just about every test known to mankind up to and including the ole gastro intenstinal blowout. Have them give you ativan before the procedure and you will be fine,,just enough to relax you when they bring in that big f'n firehose and tell you "this is going to be a bit uncomfortable",,,I kid, my friend. The worse part is the day or morning before,,they want you clean inside and want you to do the ole enema beforehand so they have a chance to see what's up your "address",,,,you'll be so relaxed on the gurney you won't care if they shove an elephants trunk up your wazoo. You probably wont even hear the "gush" of air during the procedure as you let go of tons of pressure,,,good thing they will be wearing their little masks so that you won't see them giggling. I tried to make all of the people who did this to me sign off that if they ever saw me in the stores that there would be no speaking,,no winking,,,no hand gestures that they know me,,we will continue to be strangers for life.

As far as the blood stuff going on they should be able to take care of that in short order like Cyanide says and get you some information once they have seen the results. We live in a very hurry up world and we tend to get worn out and don't know it until we are about to drop,,,and even then we dont have the time to do that. Keep us posted on what is going on,,,we're in this with you my friend.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #33
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

prayers for you man

could be a vitamin deficiency (B12) or folate deficiency, wouldn't be too hard to correct. Maybe you need to eat more steaks

Hope all is well, keep us updated
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #34
BigFrank
5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough

My old lady had some issues few years ago, similar to your dilemma . She was hospitalized a few times before she was diagnosed properly. Now a cheap supplement and some basic diet monitoring keeps her healthy.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough

Prayers for you and the Doc. Prayers also for Perry's mom.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #36
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Wow, that is unusual.

Will keep you in my prayers, and ask the Holy Spirit's guidance for the Drs to discover the problem and lead to resolution.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #37
Snake Hips
Götterdämmerung

First Name: Tyler
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
Snake Hips will become famous soon enough

My mom is anemic, and a couple weeks ago she went to the doctor for the same reason, and they found she had only half her blood left as well. She went and got a transfusion, and she's okay. The difference is they know where *her* blood went, so she's getting a hysterectomy to get that taken care of.

Hope everything works out. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but it could be. As Cyanide said, there's possibly a "serious shite" aspect to it. But if you didn't even realize it, I'm sure it's nothing they can't take care of pretty easily.
Snake Hips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #38
piperman

Well I hope everything is okay, is your crap black? at least you have been to the doctor allot better then most guys. I'm sure everything will be okay.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #39
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Best wishes to you especially, and the missus. Pray that everything turns out positive, and that God grants you peace!

Or negative depending on whats best!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #40
teotides

I'll be thinking good thoughts and sending positive vibes your way David.