Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about
Default Any Anthony Bourdain No Reservations Fans?

So the wife surprised me with some tickets to see Anthony Bourdain last night. I am a fan of his show No Reservations and find him to be entertaining. I like the show because it is based on food and culture (which I am totally about) with very little emphasis on history. I love to see all the places he gets to go which always tend to be off the beaten path (which are the best places I find). Well last night it was a bit of a disappointment..he gave us a bit of background (not much) and just really told jokes about co-workers on the show. His perspective that I agree with entirely on travel was to be a good guest above your standards. For instance he said in some of the undeveloped countries he would be a guest for dinner and food placed in front of him that was unidentifiable. He said you smile, thank them, and eat it. He said his favorite place to travel was Vietman..excellent food and culture. He has yet to visit Cuba..love to see that episode.