Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #21
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tim Tebow is gone Support Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
The team he goes to will have to adapt to him, not him adapt to the team. Hard to do unless the team he is drafted to is in a rebuilding mode. Mobile QBs are always exciting to watch (Vick) but aren't always very successful.
All true....time will tell. Be curious to see what round he gets picked in.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #22
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

Not trying to be a hater because he was a college great but I can't stop thinking Eric Crouch
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #23
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort View Post
Not trying to be a hater because he was a college great but I can't stop thinking Eric Crouch
They said that about Doug Flutie, and he.....oh yeah. Forget it.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #24
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
They said that about Doug Flutie, and he.....oh yeah. Forget it.

Ya and being an SC guy Leinart was gonna be the man!!
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #25
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Key to Tebow's success will be if he gets drafted by a good enough team where he can be second string for a couple of years and work on his mechanics. his catapult motion is what will limit him in the NFL if he can't fix it.

But, if Byron leftwich can be a NFL starter for at least a few years, so can Tim Tebow
Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #26
cf2112

Tebow should be fine in the NFL and probably as a QB, he works hard, is smart and is a proven winner with a good head on his shoulders. I would draft him in the second round and laugh all the way to the bank, if he slipped to the third round it could be the best steal of the draft. The things being said about him now are the same things said about him when he arrived a Florida.

Remember Ryan Leaf vs Peyton Manning many thought Leaf to be a better choice, he had a better arm, was bigger, stonger but mentally Peyton was the man and in the NFL that is pretty important. Is he NFL ready now probably not but with a little work he could be, Florida didn't just throw him they got him some playing time before handing him the reins and it worked out pretty good for them.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #27
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
You hate to see him go and I couldn't wait for this day.
To borrow a line from a Trace Adkins song : Hate to see him go but love to watch leave.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #28
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Payton needs a back-up!!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #29
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I really like Tebow as well, and think he is a great role model. But i got this sneaking feeling he wont be all that great as a quarterback in the NFL. What I think will happen is he will get switched to RB.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #30
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
I really like Tebow as well, and think he is a great role model. But i got this sneaking feeling he wont be all that great as a quarterback in the NFL. What I think will happen is he will get switched to RB.
Wonder what kind of hands he has got? Not out of the question for him to be used as a tight end if he can catch the ball.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #31
G G
BR549

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wonder what kind of hands he has got? Not out of the question for him to be used as a tight end if he can catch the ball.
Good point.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #32
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Good point.
He's Definitely Big & Strong Enough To Be a Tight End; I Would Love To See Him Make It At QB, Though!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #33
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
He's Definitely Big & Strong Enough To Be a Tight End; I Would Love To See Him Make It At QB, Though!
Wildcat!

Old 01-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #34
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wildcat!
Definitely! Everyone Talks about Changing Tebow's Throwing Motion So He Doesn't Lower His Arm when Passing. A Lot Of NFL QBs Don't Have Perfect form, Either, & They Do OK!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote