Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #21
thechrisdotcom

Trading: (2)
thechrisdotcom has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting sick from cigars.

We only had 1 drink but we had it with the first cigar. We drank Coke with the 2nd cigar.

I thought about the food thing but then again, he puked from a cigar before so I was going with that again, hahaha.
thechrisdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #22
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Sorry about your brother dude, never happened to me, but I haven't tried a lot of cigars either, just a handful and def not either one of the ones you guys had.

Like someone else said, are sure it was the cigar that made him sick?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #23
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Sounds to me like it wasn't the cigars.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #24
thechrisdotcom

The car should be alright. I told him what to do when he got home to clean it. My only concern was the air vents on the car. Everything else picked up easily.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #25
Hippiebrian

The more I think about it, I don't think it was the cigars either. Everyone I've ever seen get sick from cigars, it was immediate, not later.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:08 AM   #26
thechrisdotcom

I'll have to talk to him when he wakes up. I texted him this morning but it seems like he ended up skipping work today. He probably was up later than expecting to clean his car.

It may just have well been the food. It's probably a good thing he did throw up though instead of getting more sick from the food. Hopefully he got it all out of his body. I've never had food poisoning but I know you can puke and get more sick after you already have puked.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #27
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

I can tell you I was a rookie and smoked an LFD double ligero chisel...that made me sick as hell and I ended up vomiting. Room spun, stomach was bad, took lots of sugar but it was too late. off the balcony.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #28
thechrisdotcom

I'm leaning more towards the cigar again. My brother takes a medicine that lowers his blood pressure and I think the nicotine made it drop even more and caused it. My wife just reminded me that his medicine he takes will lower his blood levels. I think he just didn't have enough sugar in him even though it never affected him by making him feel light headed or anything.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #29
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom View Post
I'll have to talk to him when he wakes up. I texted him this morning but it seems like he ended up skipping work today. He probably was up later than expecting to clean his car.

It may just have well been the food. It's probably a good thing he did throw up though instead of getting more sick from the food. Hopefully he got it all out of his body. I've never had food poisoning but I know you can puke and get more sick after you already have puked.
I've had food poisoning as well. Each time it set in within 2-12 hours after I ate something. It is not fun at all. Coming out of both ends at the same time and you literally can't keep anything down including water.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #30
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Could have been cigars or food, but too much Nicky-Teen will make a peson sick, especially if he is not a heavy cigar smoker. My .02
Old 08-31-2011, 08:19 AM   #31
Hippiebrian

Quote:
I'm leaning more towards the cigar again. My brother takes a medicine that lowers his blood pressure and I think the nicotine made it drop even more and caused it. My wife just reminded me that his medicine he takes will lower his blood levels. I think he just didn't have enough sugar in him even though it never affected him by making him feel light headed or anything.
I'm not a doctor. Heck, I don't even play one on T.V. So take this with a grain of salt, but nicotine is a stimulant which actually will raise your blood pressure. I'm still leaning towards not the cigar, but I could be wrong...
Old 08-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #32
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
Had this happen once at a cigar event. Smoked last years skull and bones, a viaje exclusivo, and last years VOR back to back to back. The shop was packed and I'm sure I picked up a lot of second hand smoke as well. Got home and was taking the dog out for a walk and felt fine and just threw up. Never felt sick at all, it just spontaneously happened and I was fine again. Kept walking the dog like nothing happened and hoped no one saw it.
Yay for professional puking! I have had a few incidents (drinking induced, not smoking) where a bunch of us have been walking from the bar to our DD's car, and just been too full from slamming the rest of the tall beer. Not sick spinny drunk, just too full of foam. Let it go, and didn't even break stride.

That was in another life though.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #33
thechrisdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippiebrian View Post
I'm not a doctor. Heck, I don't even play one on T.V. So take this with a grain of salt, but nicotine is a stimulant which actually will raise your blood pressure. I'm still leaning towards not the cigar, but I could be wrong...
oh it raises it? I thought it lowered it. my bad. shows ya how much I know.

well then now I don't know. I'll have to wait and see till I talk to my brother and see how he feels.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #34
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I was thinking that...but he had a huge club sandwich before the event and I couldn't figure what in the sandwich would make him sick. It's not like he had undercooked meat or something. I just think the nicotine caught up to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
If the lettuce or tomato wasn't washed properly, they could have been contaminated with E. Coli.
Mayonaise.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #35
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

teal deer

try downing a packet of sugar next time
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:32 AM   #36
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

A couple years ago I was at Daytona Bike week and bought a sausage and pepper sandwich off a nice girl in tattoos and a bikini working a cart on Main Street. Chased it with a sorta cold Bud. Then i lit up a Fuente Anejo.

Riding home on Interstate 4, my hands became clammy, I was sweating profusely, and pulled over to puke in a drainage ditch as rush hour traffic passed. I felt grateful I wasn't performing a multi-port food rejection on my hands and knees.

Sausage from a tattooed girl on Main Street never crossed my mind so I gave away the rest of my Anejos.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #37
thechrisdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
teal deer

try downing a packet of sugar next time
Like I said, we drank some soda and neither of us were feeling icky at all. Just got some sodas just cuz the we were thirsty and yeah, the sugar would be good anyways. This just came up unexpectedly.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #38
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

I actually keep a ziplock of jelly beans around just in case I get too large a dose of nicotine. Haven't needed it in quite some time, but they are there just in case.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #39
Zanaspus
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tony
Trading: (3)
Zanaspus will become famous soon enough

Nicotine is just another drug that the body builds a tolerance to. Keep smoking, smoke more!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #40
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road

i had it once... with my first time cc bolivar,it was an event at my local b&m... had a little food.. drank some juice and coke...everything fine... got a bit of nit kickin and eat some sugar... on my way home..stop at petrol station to take a piss... end up all over the toilet...