Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #21
Hippi3Slay3r
ಥ_ಥ

First Name: Kyle
Trading: (22)
Bolivar
Hippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enoughHippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enough
Default Re: BIG snake!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #22
Wanger

Optical illusion. I'm guessing the snake is right about 6 ft long. Notice the direction that it is held out on the stick (you don't see any stick, so it's directly towards the camera). The tail is not on the ground, and the positioning of the cameraman.

Now...would I have killed the snake? HELL NO! The only way I even think about it is if it was a residential area (doesn't look to be so, to me), and even then, I'd likely call a wildlife service to relocate it. They have every right to be there...we are infringing on their territory. WOuld it have gotten my blood pumping? Hell yeah. But after the initial surprise, I would have made sure to keep a safe distance from it. The can strike approximately 1/2 t0 2/3 of their body length. I'd have gotten pics of it alive, and made sure everyone with me steered clear ot it.

We've f'ed with the ecosystem enough, and need to learn to leave them alone whenever we can. I know that sometimes encounters that end poorly for one or the other are inevitable, but if there's a choice, leave it alone. If there's anything they are useful for, it's natural control of the rodent population. I'm very much an advocate for leaving animals like this alone. Think about it like this: would you arrest someone (or worse) just because they scare you? Is that right and acceptable?

And yes, I'm a snake guy...

Old 10-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #23
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Dude, I would have shot that thing like 14 times. I ain't playing with no snakes. No sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Just looking at that picture is giving me vertigo! No like serpientes!
I'm with these guys. I HATE snakes. They are my biggest fear.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #24
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
I'm with these guys. I HATE snakes. They are my biggest fear.
Did you know that fear of snakes is a learned behavior and not natural?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #25
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
Did you know that fear of snakes is a learned behavior and not natural?
So is using the toilet....J/K. I understand where you're coming from. Killing it would depend on where I stumbled accross it. Anywhere near people, or my hunting spot, it dies. Otherwise I'd leave it be and go the other way.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #26
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikk50 View Post
Is it wrong that all I can think about is how big of a bbq I would need to cook that thing??
You too huh? lol.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #27
stewshi
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (23)
stewshi will become famous soon enough

I was gonna say thats Brett Favre in the picture but we know how his snake looks thanks to his cell pics
stewshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #28
lyle23

wanger your avatar is awesome. the "country folk" (lol trying not to offend anyone) i know eat anything they kill. right or wrong killing this thing prolly fed them and had enough for leftovers. i bet he fired the shotgun from his hip with one hand and held the beer in his other hand, and didnt spill a drop.