Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #21
SaltyMcGee
Gone munting...

First Name: Jared
Trading: (3)
SLR
SaltyMcGee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Secret Music Genre Fetish?

Crappy easy listening....Air Supply, Barry Manilow etc...

It was always on in my Mom's car growing up and I guess I got used to it.

(Please don't judge too harshly!)
Old 07-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #22
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

I sometimes get caught up in a bubblegum pop song. Miley Cyrus, Party in the USA. Keisha, Tick Tock.

Plz don't tell.
Posted via Mobile Device
massphatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #23
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I mostly listen to blues... but have always had a place in my heart for gospel and bluegrass.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #24
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Now I have a mental image of Tom with a huge afro in my head
Photoshop!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #25
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Disco...love me some Bee Gees!!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #26
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Disco...love me some Bee Gees!!
That does explain allot!! Leisure suit Mac.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #27
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough

I have a huge range from classical to metal. i used to alternate between Mozart and GnR. My secret fetish is old school country and outlaw country. What can I say I love alt country in many forms so respecting it's history makes sense.

Totally different genre but Ozomotli is coming to town next month and I may have to go to that show. Last time I saw them was one of the best shows I have ever seen. I couldn't even tell you what they are classified.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #28
mexi-CAN

love trance/house, above & beyond, gareth emery, pvd, fedde...
Old 08-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #29
the MacDonald
Grey beard, funky wierd

First Name: Joe
Trading: (9)
Trinidad
the MacDonald will become famous soon enough

I think I can top everyone here, I was a metalhead through highschool, and thought Metalica was too slow, I went for true thrash, Canibal Corpse, Slayer (oh Slayer sound of my youth) but these days when I am alone and in a secure area, it is all about Esquivel! http://www.izlese.org/esquivel-mini-skirt1.html. I dont know why I like this crap, but I love it! An extra dry gin martini, and Esquivel, Martin Denny, highjinx is sure to follow.
the MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #30
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

If it were a guilty pleasure type of music genre... John Mayer. Skip over the bubblegum pop crap, and he's actually got some decent blues guitar chops. You can really pick out a Hendrix/SRV style.

So, the secret's out. I'm a John Mayer fan.

Otherwise I like pretty much everything. I enjoy jazz, big band (Rat Pack), blues, classic rock, country, jamband, hip hop (in small doses), techno, classical, solo piano (George Winston is one of my favorites), etc.

Could never get into opera though. I can appreciate it, but do not enjoy it.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #31
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Ska
Old 08-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #32
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
I enjoy a broad range of music, from Rock (in all of it's forms) to Blues to Classical, and sometimes Rap. My favorite band is Godsmack, a grunge/rock band, and I smoke listening most often to Blues (Muddy Waters especially). There is one genre of my favorite music genres that flies under the radar, however. I only have a couple CDs, and generally don't reveal that my secret music genre fetish is: Celtic music. I don't know why, but the fantastical sound/themes of Celtic music really float my boat.

So, do you have any secret music genres you don't normally tell anyone about or am I the only one?
I love Celtic music! I wouldn't be ashamed of that...just wait until you read my genre fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
I wouldn't call it a "secret music genre fetish" but I love good heavy metal bagpipe music a la Mackeel and early 7 Nations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlqb4znnAxo
What?! Heavy metal bagpipe music? How the heck have I not heard about this...two of my favorite things! (P.S. I can't see youtube videos at work so I don't know if it's seriously a metal bagpipe band or a joke...I can only hope it's real )

As far as my secret genre fetish, I'm pretty open to a VERY wide variety of music (rock, metal, rap, pop, bagpipes, classical, Gregorian chant, new age, techno...whatever honestly), and I'm not really ashamed to admit any of it, but I guess you could say my shameful music genre is pop. Not all pop...just the really, really crappy pop. For instance, I have the Ke$ha album in my car and listen to it occasionally...it's catchy as hell! My previous shameful pop artist was Mika

I swear...you have to believe me that I have good taste in most music!
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #33
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by the MacDonald View Post
I think I can top everyone here, I was a metalhead through highschool, and thought Metalica was too slow, I went for true thrash, Canibal Corpse, Slayer (oh Slayer sound of my youth) but these days when I am alone and in a secure area, it is all about Esquivel! http://www.izlese.org/esquivel-mini-skirt1.html. I dont know why I like this crap, but I love it! An extra dry gin martini, and Esquivel, Martin Denny, highjinx is sure to follow.
Hah! Why are you embarassed about that? It's a catchy song that has a great 50's/60's vibe to it.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #34
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Rock/Alt is the norm, but what most people don't know I listen to is classical. I'm really enjoying classical with piano, but I am still new to this genre. I am trying to expand beyond Beethoven, Mozart, and Chopin.