Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #21
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Residential video surveillance system

D-1 Is a video system format:
D-1 resolution is 720 × 486 for NTSC systems

What system are you looking at that doesnt support NTSC?

Basically, yes.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

none, i went back and saw the one you posted has it too.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Also what spec tells you that the human eye can't see the IR part?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

Infrared color is out of our eyes ability to detect.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared#Night_vision
Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #25
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Gotcha, so most of them have the same feature then.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #26
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

yes
Old 08-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #27
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Okay and update: I talked to friend that sells these and installs them (I couldn't afford him LOL) and he gave me a few pointers. I decided and ordered the one that best buy has, it's the Swann - 8-Channel, 8-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Professional Security System
Model:SWDVK-840008 it has 8 channel D1 recording and some of the cheaper ones only allow D1 on one channel, probably overkill but what the heck. The cameras are also 600 TVL which should be pretty clear from all the reading I did. thanks for the input. It is supposed to be delivered today so after about a month maybe I will have figured out how to install it and get it running.

Oh yeah, it was $749.00 at BestBuy but on backorder there and everywhere else, found it at BrandSmart.com and they had it for $649.00 on the web with free shipping, I called them to make sure it wasn't on backorder and they had it in stock, the lady told me that it was $629.00, so I asked her if that was free shipping too and she said no, but she would add it. Not too bad i didn't think.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #28
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Greg,
Long ago I faced the challenge of cameras for my home.
It was the old bullet lousy resolution with video tape days.
I now have a great 500GB unit, with 9 cameras (8 outside and one inside that looks like a motion sensor for alarm).
The cameras outside are over 20 IR which gives me great night vision. Front of house has over 30IR.
Rather than do myself, I chose to have professionally installed.
While this is a project one can do depending on home and camera locations, I am glad I had a professional install it. With my limited attic space and all lines to run, glad they did it.
Mine also has remote viewing on my iPhone/iPad but the DVR alone,mwhich has flash drive and records DVD's ran me around a thousand, buying online.
I got a cheap 15" Best Buy brand LCD TV for $125.

I recommend you get the best available as that technology changes fast.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #29
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Greg...PM Virginia_Ghost (Bo)...he is selling home systems nowadays.