Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #3921
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
From the sounds of it, hopefully Stubbs already has a foot out the door. They are reportedly having Hamilton play CF all fall/winter/next season. I surely hope his skill set tranfers better to the Big Show than the last over-hyped/under-performing CF/Leadoff hitter the Reds had.

If Ludwick can be had for around $5 mil., I think the Reds would be well suited to sign him up.
I don't think Hamilton will be ready next year (I think he's gonna be a bust). I'll be happy if we do get Ludwick at that price, but He may try to start a bidding war, especially if he gets the comeback player of the year award.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #3922
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

B. Hamilton will not be ready for ML next year. It does seem that Drew will be gone. What I would love to see is J. Hamilton return, but that seems unlikely. M. Bourne would also be a great lead-off hitter and CFer, but Bore Ass is his agent. Time will tell, I reckon....
Old 10-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #3923
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
B. Hamilton will not be ready for ML next year. It does seem that Drew will be gone. What I would love to see is J. Hamilton return, but that seems unlikely. M. Bourne would also be a great lead-off hitter and CFer, but Bore Ass is his agent. Time will tell, I reckon....
What's up with all the J. Hamilton talk in Cincy? Never gonna happen. I know the Enquirer wants readership, but at least speculate on realistic options. What's next? A-Rod to Cincy?

Insert quote here.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #3924
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Rumors say they have Billy Hamilton is playing lots of CF in fall ball in hopes of capitalizing on all that speed. Can't be any worse than Stubbs at the top of the order. Although Stubbs has a fine glove.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #3925
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Rumors say they have Billy Hamilton is playing lots of CF in fall ball in hopes of capitalizing on all that speed. Can't be any worse than Stubbs at the top of the order. Although Stubbs has a fine glove.
Being an above average fielder doesn't make up for being the worst CF in the NL offensively.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #3926
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Don't buy in to too much of the B. Hamilton hype, Mac. I'm still thinking he's gonna be a bust. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #3927
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I agree with this completely
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #3928
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Don't buy in to too much of the B. Hamilton hype, Mac. I'm still thinking he's gonna be a bust. I hope I'm wrong, though.
I hear ya Andy...but damn he is fast.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #3929
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
I hear ya Andy...but damn he is fast.
He's supposed to have speed like Ricky, but I've heard that one before.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #3930
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

A lot of the sting is gone from us losing to the Giants after watching the Cards meltdown. They looked just as foolish as we did. Had it all but locked up, then the Giants ran them over. At least we had an excuse b/c of Cueto.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #3931
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
A lot of the sting is gone from us losing to the Giants after watching the Cards meltdown. They looked just as foolish as we did. Had it all but locked up, then the Giants ran them over. At least we had an excuse b/c of Cueto.
+1. I hated seeing us lose, but at least we got beat by the best team in the NL
Old 10-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #3932
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He's supposed to have speed like Ricky, but I've heard that one before.
On the stopwatch, he is faster than Rickey, Stubbs was never close to that speed.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #3933
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
On the stopwatch, he is faster than Rickey, Stubbs was never close to that speed.
But like Stubbs, that speed means nothing if you can't get on base.
Hamilton is hitting well in the minors and doing fair in the fall league, but that won't necessarily transfer to the Bigs.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #3934
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Phillips got robbed! I didn't expect any of the other Reds finalists to get a gold glove this year, but Phillips deserved it IMHO.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #3935
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Phillips got robbed! I didn't expect any of the other Reds finalists to get a gold glove this year, but Phillips deserved it IMHO.
Bump?

I got called a homer on this on another board. I think I have a legit point if you use range as a physical attribute rather than the range factor stat.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #3936
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Bump?

I got called a homer on this on another board. I think I have a legit point if you use range as a physical attribute rather than the range factor stat.
The kid from Chicago set the record, that stands out in voter's minds. Also, I do believe that Phillips gets less Errors based on some preferential score keeping sometimes.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #3937
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Phillips deserved the gold glove. He made a ton of game saving plays.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #3938
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Phillips deserved the gold glove. He made a ton of game saving plays.
Game saving?

I liken most of Phillips 'Gold Glove-esque' plays to the 'Pro-Bowl' catches that C. Johnson (OchoCinco) used to make. He makes stuff look more flashy/difficult/cool/interesting than most middle infielders do. And lest we forget that most of us are Reds fans. Does he have above average range? Yes. Does he make some plays that most 2B's can't make? Yes. Does he make plays that no one else can make? No.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #3939
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Game saving?

I liken most of Phillips 'Gold Glove-esque' plays to the 'Pro-Bowl' catches that C. Johnson (OchoCinco) used to make. He makes stuff look more flashy/difficult/cool/interesting than most middle infielders do. And lest we forget that most of us are Reds fans. Does he have above average range? Yes. Does he make some plays that most 2B's can't make? Yes. Does he make plays that no one else can make? No.
I'm a Reds fan, but I'm not basing this solely on my loyalties. None of the other Reds players who were finalists deserved to win. Not even close. With that said, I'm not completely unbisaed either.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #3940
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Bruce won a Silver Slugger, Frazier placed third in RoY, and Manager of the year will be announced shortly. I'm pulling for the Dust.

Edit: loks like Davey Johnson beat Dusty and Bochy. Congrats to him. Very deserving. I wish he got a fair shake when he was here.

Insert quote here.