Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #3901
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Fuggin BS and a complete waste. The Giants didn't win a game this series until today. We lost game 3 and 4 on our own. Game 3 due to errors and game 4 due to Cueto. Giants won today where it counted, that douchebag Posey hit the GD Grandslam. I'm fired up and mad, so excuse the GD remark. I had to hit the vodka to take the sting away. Adam has it right b/c he doesn't set himself up for failure like Dan, Hugh, and I do. He always expects the worst which dictates that he can't be emotionally attached or upset when these things happen.

We won more games than any Reds team since the BRM, yet we lost in the first round. Good thing is that in 2010, the Phillies kicked our @sses. This year we kicked our own @sses. In a year or two no one will kick our @ss, not even ourselves. The national media kept hyping the second coming of the BRM, well the BRM lost playoff games before they won the whole F'n show. It will happen, and we're due. We haven't won a playoff series in 17 years, or a WS in 22 years. It's our time now (or soon to be).

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #3902
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Now that you're all lathered up, why not shave?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #3903
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Chippawastud, I will make one more statement that you may not agree with. You like to say that the Reds announcers are all Homers, and I disagree entirely. I'm a radio guy over the tv crew. Marty is very critical of this team. This year, Thom and Chris were critical too. I have complained about Jim Kelch all year for his lack of baseball knowledge and lack of enthusiasm, but Kelch looks like a HallofFamer compared to this terrible TBS announce team. Joe Simpson needs to give up altogether. He's horrible. Thanks to FSO and MLB.tv for showing me that us Reds fans are blessed to have such great announcers/playbyplay guys. I'll never complain about Jim Kelch again after listening to the TBS crap this week.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #3904
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Did not expect the best home team in the NL to be the first team ever to win the first two on the road and then lose all three at home.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #3905
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Oh and for the record, my fourth and final child will be here on Oct19th. Her name is Abigail Rose Sutherland. Guess where the Middle name Rose came from.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #3906
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Oh and for the record, my fourth and final child will be here on Oct19th. Her name is Abigail Rose Sutherland. Guess where the Middle name Rose came from.
She will be as sweet as a rose?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #3907
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Well, that sucked.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #3908
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
It will happen, and we're due. We haven't won a playoff series in 17 years, or a WS in 22 years. It's our time now (or soon to be).
By that logic, looks like the Cubs are a shoe-in in 2013!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #3909
hotreds

Bolivar

You mean her middle name will not be "Stubbs?"
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #3910
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Chippawastud, I will make one more statement that you may not agree with. You like to say that the Reds announcers are all Homers, and I disagree entirely. I'm a radio guy over the tv crew. Marty is very critical of this team. This year, Thom and Chris were critical too. I have complained about Jim Kelch all year for his lack of baseball knowledge and lack of enthusiasm, but Kelch looks like a HallofFamer compared to this terrible TBS announce team. Joe Simpson needs to give up altogether. He's horrible. Thanks to FSO and MLB.tv for showing me that us Reds fans are blessed to have such great announcers/playbyplay guys. I'll never complain about Jim Kelch again after listening to the TBS crap this week.
No, I actually enjoy the radio guys (most of the time), the TV ones are the guys who try and convince you how great players like Stubbs are. The radio guys were very critical of the team, particularly Dusty during yesterdays game. TBS announcers almost feel like throw-away announcers, I'm not a big fan of most of ESPN's guys either, but it is tough to always make baseball interesting.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #3911
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
You mean her middle name will not be "Stubbs?"
Might be better for Andy's sanity later in life when she starts dating. She would 'strikeout' with the guys.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #3912
hotreds

Bolivar

good one! Then again, all she needs is to hit one "home run!"
Old 10-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #3913
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Dusty signs his extension. Not sure how to feel about this.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseb...sion-with-reds
Old 10-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #3914
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Dusty signs his extension. Not sure how to feel about this.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseb...sion-with-reds
I like it. You have to reward a guy for getting the 2nd best record in the entire MLB
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #3915
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

First skipper to get us to the playoffs twice since Sparky. No way the FO was gonna let him go without a fight. I dont agree with his every move nor his lineups, but it was a forgone conclusion that he was gonna get asked back.

Insert quote here.

Last edited by Starscream; 10-15-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #3916
hotreds

Bolivar

He's NOT the one that didn't hit in the clutch!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #3917
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
He's NOT the one that didn't hit in the clutch!
He IS the guy who fills out the lineup card every day.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #3918
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Unless we get a leadoff hitter and cleanup hitter, Dusty is gonna keep marching Ktubbs out there every week. Frazier has the potential to be a cleanup hitter, but I wouldn't start him out there next year. Hopefully no more Rolen after this year, maybe a miracle will happen and some poor club will actually want Ktubbs in the offseason.

Luddy was great this year, but doubt he'll be back. Please don't overpay when he turns down the option to test the market, Walt.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #3919
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Might be better for Andy's sanity later in life when she starts dating. She would 'strikeout' with the guys.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #3920
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Unless we get a leadoff hitter and cleanup hitter, Dusty is gonna keep marching Ktubbs out there every week. Frazier has the potential to be a cleanup hitter, but I wouldn't start him out there next year. Hopefully no more Rolen after this year, maybe a miracle will happen and some poor club will actually want Ktubbs in the offseason.

Luddy was great this year, but doubt he'll be back. Please don't overpay when he turns down the option to test the market, Walt.
From the sounds of it, hopefully Stubbs already has a foot out the door. They are reportedly having Hamilton play CF all fall/winter/next season. I surely hope his skill set tranfers better to the Big Show than the last over-hyped/under-performing CF/Leadoff hitter the Reds had.

If Ludwick can be had for around $5 mil., I think the Reds would be well suited to sign him up.