WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation
Default Re: *2009 MLB Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
And what are they gonna use Eric Hinske for? They already have Matsui that they are not using!!
He can play first base, third base, left, and right field. Useful for when Tex wants to DH, A-Rod needs a day off, pinch hitting, Melky/Swisher get cold, or Damons knees get sore. I think it's actually a pretty good trade, we gave up nothing really and Hinske does have a little power in his bat.

Sucks if your a Pirates fan though. Even the players are pissed off at all the moves lol.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #362
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Yankees win tonight and Mo gets his 501st save.

The Red Sox are now losing in the 9th inning 11-10 after leading 10-1.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #363
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Yankees win tonight and Mo gets his 501st save.

The Red Sox are now losing in the 9th inning 11-10 after leading 10-1.
Talk about a great night! Yankees win an exciting game. Boston takes a loss in most spectacular fashion. And the Mets lost again.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #364
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Are baseball Umps getting worse every year. Here is a quote taken from Jeter after he was called out while trying to steal 3rd base. There is a great video on yankees.com showing that he was never tagged.

Quote:
"I was just baffled by the explanation," Jeter said. "I was told I was out, because the ball beat me, and he didn't have to tag me. I was unaware they had changed the rules." ~ Derek Jeter
Old 07-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #365
Darrell

SF won 5-4, the top of the ninth was a close one. Brian Wilson did not completely screw up though.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #366
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Don't you hate it when a closer likes to make things interesting.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #367
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

My Mets better do something before the trade deadline...or we're gonna find ourselves in the cellar!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #368
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Don't you hate it when a closer likes to make things interesting.
The Yankees need to stop having to constantly catch up all the time.

How bout them Reds? Worst loss in their 140 year history
Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #369
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The Blue Jays are starting to take trade offers for Doc Halladay. He has a no trade clause but has agreed to look at possible trades that are in the best interest of the team.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #370
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Blue Jays are starting to take trade offers for Doc Halladay. He has a no trade clause but has agreed to look at possible trades that are in the best interest of the team.
He can go anywhere except to the Yankees as far as I'm concerned.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #371
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTDragon View Post
Mets would LOVE to have him!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #372
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTDragon View Post
I don't think the Yankees are going to trade for him. It will cost way too much of the farm that Cashman is trying to rebuild.

Quote:
Mets would LOVE to have him!!!!
I don't think the Mets have enough in the farm to even offer.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #373
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
I don't think the Yankees are going to trade for him. It will cost way too much of the farm that Cashman is trying to rebuild.

I don't think the Mets have enough in the farm to even offer.
I dunno, the Yankees haven't gotten much out of Wang and he's hurt again. Chamberlain hasn't been great as of late and they want to keep Hughes in the pen, so there really isn't anyone to fill the gap. They might make a move for him. I could see the Red Sox willing to pony up a nice offer as well as Smoltz is quite the question mark in their rotation. The Mets I doubt could offer anything worthwhile for him.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes, but i'm banking on the Bluebirds keeping him.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #374
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Well, Doc could go to the Yanks, and maybe help them win. Or he could go to the Mets, but I don't know if he can help them win. You don't win many 0-0 games.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #375
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Well, Doc could go to the Yanks, and maybe help them win. Or he could go to the Mets, but I don't know if he can help them win. You don't win many 0-0 games.
So true...we NEED to be able to put some runs across the plate first.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #376
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees beat up on the Twins tongiht 10-2 getting 16 hits in the process!!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #377
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets lose another one...this is getting OLD...and FAST!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #378
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Mets lose another one...this is getting OLD...and FAST!!!
The only positive thing is that you won't have to suffer from a 1st place collapse in September.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #379
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
The only positive thing is that you won't have to suffer from a 1st place collapse in September.
Thanks Ryan...that helps!!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #380
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Does it help that if the Yankees could have won at least one game against the Red Sox so far they would be in first place.