Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #361
ujponds
Homer Joe

First Name: Mark
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
ujponds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
Do you really think anyone on Jets payroll will say anything negative about Sanchez and destroy his confidence (or whatever there is of it) in the process? The team has no choice, but praise him... They would even if they had one armed and no legs QB... Had they real confidence in Sanchez their entire game plan would revolve around that and not on the running game and keeping the ball out of his hands...

You make it sound like I am not a Jets fan. I am and have been. Since early 80s. Main reason I am so tired of same old, same old every season.
What ever you say Greg. I understand that you hate Sanchez but if you are a long time Jets fan , how can you say "same old, same old"? You don't think this team is getting any better?

I know we've gone through this before so I don't expect anything new, you are a glass half empty kind of guy. What you call a SOJ fan. I get it.

Tell you what, PM me your addy. I have a "stat sheet" I want to send you
ujponds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #362
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Getting "better" and winning the whole shebang is not the same thing in my book. They finally got a coach who seems to be motivating them, they also got a number of great offensive weapons and yet the center piece seems to be missing. You make it sound like I am not a true Jets fan only because I don't believe in their QB or their ability to win a SB with the current one... What's wrong with being a realist instead of a dreamer? Or a denier? Or, are you suggesting that as a fan, I must be an "apologist" like the team is these days?

BTW, are you paying attention to Sanchez' throws? He overthrows, A LOT, and this clearly shows how afraid he is of making a mistake. No matter what the team claims as their "confidence" in his ability as their PR policy.

Will Tebow be available in the off-season? After 2 years of "trying", someone needs to realize a change is needed since there is no real improvement shown so far and none that I see in the future with the current QB. Or are Jets simply waiting for Brady and Rothlisberger to retire? I'd like to hear their plans and hate to say it, but Sanchez ain't it from where I stand. Not that great QBs are readily available, too bad... Main reason I am down on the team since we will be saddled with the "Oh, no, don't let him throw" for years to come. And no SB...

Like I said, name one SB winning team in recent memory without a great QB as a leader. Simple question.

We need a LEADER, not a "hope"...

I'll wait until Pats game to post more. Something tells me that if they lose Ryan may finally start singing a different tune in regard to "don't throw" since he is the only reason the team is underperforming this season, the rest of the guys have done their part.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #363
ujponds
Homer Joe

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
Getting "better" and winning the whole shebang is not the same thing in my book. They finally got a coach who seems to be motivating them, they also got a number of great offensive weapons and yet the center piece seems to be missing. You make it sound like I am not a true Jets fan only because I don't believe in their QB or their ability to win a SB with the current one... What's wrong with being a realist instead of a dreamer? Or a denier? Or, are you suggesting that as a fan, I must be an "apologist" like the team is these days?

BTW, are you paying attention to Sanchez' throws? He overthrows, A LOT, and this clearly shows how afraid he is of making a mistake. No matter what the team claims as their "confidence" in his ability as their PR policy.

Will Tebow be available in the off-season? After 2 years of "trying", someone needs to realize a change is needed since there is no real improvement shown so far and none that I see in the future with the current QB. Or are Jets simply waiting for Brady and Rothlisberger to retire? I'd like to hear their plans and hate to say it, but Sanchez ain't it from where I stand. Not that great QBs are readily available, too bad... Main reason I am down on the team since we will be saddled with the "Oh, no, don't let him throw" for years to come. And no SB...

Like I said, name one SB winning team in recent memory without a great QB as a leader. Simple question. We need a LEADER, not a "hope"...

I'll wait until Pats game to post more. Something tells me that if they lose Ryan may finally start singing a different tune in regard to "don't throw" since he is the only reason the team is underperforming this season, the rest of the guys have done their part.
Not to encourage this any longer but to answer your question: '00 Ravens, '02 Bucs, '07 Giants

Oh and Tebow!?!? Are you kidding??? I remember earlier this season you wanted Brunell, ok that's silly but TEBOW???????????

BTW I'm waiting on that pm
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #364
RRocket
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (10)
RRocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujponds View Post
Not to encourage this any longer but to answer your question: '00 Ravens, '02 Bucs, '07 Giants

Oh and Tebow!?!? Are you kidding??? I remember earlier this season you wanted Brunell, ok that's silly but TEBOW???????????

BTW I'm waiting on that pm

Tebows first 3 complete game starts are roughly equivalent to Sanchez' first 3 pro starts, stat-wise. And there is little debate that Tebow's team is much worse than Sanchez's first year Jets. Sanchez definitely had an easier rookie year becuase of the quality team around him than Tebows does. Tebows team is terrible..
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #365
ujponds
Homer Joe

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
Tebows first 3 complete game starts are roughly equivalent to Sanchez' first 3 pro starts, stat-wise. And there is little debate that Tebow's team is much worse than Sanchez's first year Jets. Sanchez definitely had an easier rookie year becuase of the quality team around him than Tebows does. Tebows team is terrible..
Haha ok, lets revisit this when he gets a complete season as a starter under his belt.

I would expect people to say the Jets should go after Kevin Kolb or Mcnabb or someone along those lines, but Tebow?? That is just arguing for argument sake.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #366
RRocket
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (10)
RRocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Haha ok, lets revisit this when he gets a complete season as a starter under his belt.

It won't be really a good comparison. Again...the Jets are a much better team than the Broncos. Sanchez already had a fairly high quality team to help him along. Tebow definitely does not have the same advantage with his POS team.
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #367
TheRiddick
Non-believer

Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
It won't be really a good comparison. Again...the Jets are a much better team than the Broncos. Sanchez already had a fairly high quality team to help him along. Tebow definitely does not have the same advantage with his POS team.

TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #368
ujponds
Homer Joe

Bolivar

OK haters, 3TDS, no picks, no sacks, 127.3 passer rating. . . That is all
Old 01-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #369
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Congrats to the Jets! I don't particularly have a rooting interest in your team, but next week it would give me so much pleasure to have you serve up a steaming hot cup of STFU to the Boston-area sports radio blathering boobs who speak as if Christ Himself has already annointed the Patriots as Super Bowl champions.
THIS

I can't wait to listen to a few Boston sports talk radio guys fall all over themselves making excuses tomorrow. Their arrogant, smug, entitled attitude has grated on me all season long. It will be extremely gratifying to see them eat crow.

It's too bad -- I could actually like the Pats were it not for these clowns.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #370
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Congrats On The Win; Let's See If You Can Beat Pitt. Now.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #371
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

First Name: Bob
Trading: (0)
fhrblig is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sanchez has never not taken the Jets to the AFC Championship game.

He's clearly terrible. The Jets should totally cut him immediately.
fhrblig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #372
ujponds
Homer Joe

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrblig View Post
Sanchez has never not taken the Jets to the AFC Championship game.

He's clearly terrible. The Jets should totally cut him immediately.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #373
ChicagoWhiteSox

I'd like to see a Jets vs. Bears super bowl
Old 01-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #374
gurusix
Always ready to burn one

First Name: William
Trading: (0)
Partagas Army (Active)
gurusix is on a distinguished road

Great game, I am no Randy Moss fan but I bet Bellichick would have loved to have Moss out there as a decoy. What was hailed as a great move may have costs have another shot at the title. Got to be able to stretch the field!
gurusix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #375
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Great game by the Jets. Just don't see them beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #376
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I Agree!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #377
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
I Agree!
Not a Jets fan but let's get real.

Same could have been said about the Colts game.

Then the same could have been said about the Patriots game.

If the same team shows up, lookout Pittsburgh.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #378
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Being a Packer fan, I really, really, really wanted to see the Jets win, I'd take our chances over them 10x over testing the metal of the Patriots. That being said, I'm not sure that I can see the Jets beating the Steelers. Either way, I didn't see the Jets winning tonight, not at all.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #379
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And no one thought they would beat the Pats either!!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #380
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Not a Jets fan but let's get real.

Same could have been said about the Colts game.

Then the same could have been said about the Patriots game.

If the same team shows up, lookout Pittsburgh.
Exactly....how can you watch the Jets beat up the Pats, and then say "they won't beat the Steelers"? They have a legitimate shot at going to the Super Bowl, they proved that the last 2 weeks. And I ain't a Jets fan either.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote