Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #341
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2013 Banter

If Dillon Gee could keep the ball down just a little bit and work the outside of the plate a bit more efficiently, he's gonna kick ass. Not that it really matters with the Mets, cause he'll get zero run support and pull a 1.79 ERA and a 7-14 W/L record.
I'm pulling for the kid, anyways. At 23 he's throwing impressively in well over 1/2 his starts. He's just a wiggle away from being a really good pitcher. He just needs to be diplomatic and throw some more ground balls.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #342
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets drop one to the Marlins last night 3-2.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #343
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Harveys struggles against the Marlins continue as they shut us out 3-0 this afternoon.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #344
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Gee pitched another gem...only to have the bullpen blow it again. I swear we have the worst bullpen in MLB. Young saves the day in the 11th with a walk off 2 run HR as the Mets beat the Royals 4-2 in a costly game. May have lost Wright for a bit with his hamstring.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #345
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. Another great effort from Gee, all for naught.
I hope the poor kid can get a gig with a ball club that can back him up. The Mets do tend to deal emerging stars to get minimum return so they can pay hearty salaries to underperforming has-beens, so he may just get outta town soon.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #346
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Yup. Another great effort from Gee, all for naught.
I hope the poor kid can get a gig with a ball club that can back him up. The Mets do tend to deal emerging stars to get minimum return so they can pay hearty salaries to underperforming has-beens, so he may just get outta town soon.
That was Minaya's MO...keeping fingers crossed that Alderson doesn't do it. We have some great young pitching and could possibly compete in the near future. Alderson claims he won't make a deal, just to make one. He could have dealt Byrd away before the deadline and didn't do it. Time will tell. We just need a few more pieces and an entire outfield and we should be competitive.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #347
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Wright goes on the DL with a strained hamstring.

And the Mets drop one to the Royals in 11 innings, 4-3. Aardsma blows the game for the second straight game...thanks a lot!!

Last edited by kelmac07; 08-03-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #348
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets drop another one to the Royals this afternoon, 6-2.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #349
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

This was a very trying few days of Mets baseball. Seems that the team keeps digging themselves a bigger and bigger hole each game.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #350
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

• Jordany Valdespin, New York Mets outfielder, (50 games, no appeal).
• Cesar Puello, New York Mets outfield prospect.

So far
Old 08-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #351
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

The other players expected to be suspended, each for 50 games are:

Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz
Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta
Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera
Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli
Mariners catcher Jesus Montero (used to be a Yankee)

Mets Minor League outfielder Cesar Puello
Yankees Minor League outfielder Fernando Martinez
and free-agent relievers Fautino De Los Santos and Jordan Norberto.

Additional reports surfaced on Monday indicating that
Phillies lefty Antonio Bastardo
Mets infielder Jordany Valdespin
Astros reliever Sergio Escalona will also be suspended.

Seems my Mets had company...a couple of Yankees and your starting shortstop Adam.

Valdespin hasn't contributed anything to the big ball club in over 6 weeks...so this hurts us how?

What happened to reports of Melky Cabrera and Bartolo Colon??? Guess MLB blew the whistle too early.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #352
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Valdespin is a dolt. It does nothing to the Mets organization to have him named and suspended. Good riddence I say.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #353
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
Valdespin is a dolt. It does nothing to the Mets organization to have him named and suspended. Good riddence I say.
Agreed...drop both their sorry a$$es.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #354
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets to call up highly touted prospect Flores. With Wright on the DL and his path blocked by Wright...what the hell. It's not like the move will hurt us.

The Mets will call up Flores prior to Tuesday's game against the Rockies, the team announced late Monday night, rewarding an infielder who hit .321 with 15 home runs in 107 games at Triple-A Las Vegas.

My question is why did they wait three days into Wright being on the DL to call him up??
Old 08-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #355
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets beat the Rockies last night 3-2. Bullpen actually held on to one.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #356
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets beat the Rockies, 5-0 as Harvey throws his first complete game shutout...only giving up four hits.

Mets move ahead of the Phillies...and are now in third place.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #357
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Keep this up and there might be a glimmer of hope for a wild card spot!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #358
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Keep this up and there might be a glimmer of hope for a wild card spot!
Especially the way the Nats are playing.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #359
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Mets get a 2-1 win today to complete the sweep of the Rockies!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #360
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Mets get a 2-1 win today to complete the sweep of the Rockies!