Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #321
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010

I gotta say though... we have our reunion about the same week every year so every other year it is the LSU game. They travel some ultra hot women who have great attitudes towards our unbelievably juvenile heckling. I'm shonuf looking forward to this next weekend!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #322
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I might get homery closer to gametime. I think it's hard to justify a bet at this point when LSU goes
on offense and I start to get a queasy feeling in my gut. Bama fans don't get that! Why do I have to
feel that? I see that lost look in Jordan Jefferson's eyes and I just have to look away from the TV.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #323
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I see that lost look in Jordan Jefferson's eyes and I just have to look away from the TV.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #324
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I know that
doesn't satisfy Tom, but Tom closed down my French Poarn thread so he does not count this week.
Doesn't mean I don't love ya, Brad.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #325
Rocketmann

Quote:
I might get homery closer to gametime. I think it's hard to justify a bet at this point when LSU goes
on offense and I start to get a queasy feeling in my gut. Bama fans don't get that! Why do I have to
feel that? I see that lost look in Jordan Jefferson's eyes and I just have to look away from the TV.
Lost look in Jeffersons eyes? What about the "Clueless" look in "Less" Miles eyes? Did you happen to see the interview after the game? "Just another day in the SEC"!!! IS HE HIGH? Does he not know that people think he's an idiot? WOW! I really hate it for LSU as they have all the talent in the world (except at the QB position) and no coaching. I really don't see LSU getting past the Gators, Auburn, Bama or Arkansas. 8-4 is a good season for some fans/Alum, but not down in Baton Rouge. I sure hope for the sake of a fine football program that they run Miles/Crowton out of town after the season. On the other hand, as a Bama fan, I hope ole Less stays at LSU forever
Old 10-04-2010, 03:40 AM   #326
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmann View Post
On the other hand, as a Bama fan, I hope ole Less stays at LSU forever
I may have to take a sign to this weeks game like I did to a Georgia game several years ago. That one said "Keep Ray Goff!" This one of course will say "Keep Les Miles!"
Old 10-04-2010, 04:31 AM   #327
Rocketmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I may have to take a sign to this weeks game like I did to a Georgia game several years ago. That one said "Keep Ray Goff!" This one of course will say "Keep Les Miles!"
Funny, I think come Saturday, the Gators will be good and pissed off after this past weekend. I'm glad bama's not playing them this weekend......
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #328
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Need I remind you? These two were responsible for about 80% of the sales of Pepto Bismol in Alabama for way too many years.

Now excuse me while I go wash out my eyes with muriatic acid.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #329
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

OK, to answer Rocketmann, what do you THINK Les should say in that situation? He KNOWS
he screwed up, but lets not forget, this was a game of Musical Chairs F Ups. Whoever made the
dumbest move LAST lost the seat. Les miles did not substitute all those players, he would have
likely let Ridley win it in the end the way he won it throughout the game, by punishing the Vols.
That was Gary Crowton's doing, "he saw something" he thought he could exploit. So he changed
the personnel for NO GOOD REASON. Granted I am mostly just parrotting the BR paper here.
But LES MILES did not nearly lose the game, the players did that. You had outstanding rushing
and everything else that could go wrong did. Drops, fumbles, ints, you name it, the players did it.
I forgive them, they have issues.

BUT I prefer to look forward. I have more than enough to deal with in this decidedly Bama and
FLa populated thread. LSU has the highest sack total in the SEC. We are 1st in Rush defense.
We are first in total defense. I think LSU has this one. If not, I am already quite comfortable in
the knowledge that LSU is scary bad in penalties, dumb mistakes and poor QB play. I will survive.

--------------------------

PS...Derek Dooley will NOT be getting back his deposit on the headset he broke.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #330
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Sense we are reminiscing Rich, this sumb*tch was responsible for Pepto Bismol sales in the Gator Nation

But alas, better days are here!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #331
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

It's the look in their eyes. None of those three had nary a clue what the hell was going on. Still don't. Miles has a look that's even worse, and if not for the comedic relief would be completely worthless. His press conference was pure gold. If you haven't seen it you're missing out.

On Bama...we are now starting to enter a stretch in which 5 teams have an off week before playing us. Our schedule is brutal this year. In 5 games, we've been on the road twice, played two top 10 teams, and head to another top 20 program with a week of rest next Saturday. But I like what I see. I'll tell you this, this defense in two years is gonna be scary good. And when Saban was at LSU I was like, big deal. Good coach but whatever. Let me tell ya, this guy knows exactly what he's doing 24/7. Everything is calculated, orchestrated, and premeditated. As long as we have him we're going to be in the hunt. And everybody wants to say he never stays anywhere longer than 5 years, blah, blah, blah. Maybe so, but at least we're getting, to borrow from Lester Miles, a damn fine football team for those 5.

A lot of football left, but I like our chances about now.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #332
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
It's the look in their eyes. None of those three had nary a clue what the hell was going on. Still don't. Miles has a look that's even worse, and if not for the comedic relief would be completely worthless. His press conference was pure gold. If you haven't seen it you're missing out.

On Bama...we are now starting to enter a stretch in which 5 teams have an off week before playing us. Our schedule is brutal this year. In 5 games, we've been on the road twice, played two top 10 teams, and head to another top 20 program with a week of rest next Saturday. But I like what I see. I'll tell you this, this defense in two years is gonna be scary good. And when Saban was at LSU I was like, big deal. Good coach but whatever. Let me tell ya, this guy knows exactly what he's doing 24/7. Everything is calculated, orchestrated, and premeditated. As long as we have him we're going to be in the hunt. And everybody wants to say he never stays anywhere longer than 5 years, blah, blah, blah. Maybe so, but at least we're getting, to borrow from Lester Miles, a damn fine football team for those 5.

I Like The Way You Think, My BAMA Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #333
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:

Agree 100%. I think Saban will stay for the long-term, he already gave the NFL a shot and there are no better jobs than the Bama head coach. They're are some that are equal at the top (*cough like Florida *cough) but none better
Old 10-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #334
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
I Like The Way You Think, My BAMA Brother!
Greg!! What's up, bro? Looking forward to seeing you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Agree 100%. I think Saban will stay for the long-term, he already gave the NFL a shot and there are no better jobs than the Bama head coach. They're are some that are equal at the top (*cough like Florida *cough) but none better
I hear ya, Mikey. And this is a realllllly scary thought...could you imagine Saban at Florida? Good lord. I know I wouldn't want to.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #335
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
I'll tell you this, this defense in two years is gonna be scary good.
And when Saban was at LSU I was like, big deal. Good coach but whatever. Let me tell ya,
this guy knows exactly what he's doing 24/7. Everything is calculated, orchestrated, and
premeditated. As long as we have him we're going to be in the hunt.
This is what I was trying to tell Power yesterday. As long as Nickie Sin is there, the recruits
will PILE in, climbing all over one another to get a chance to start. And it will never end as long as Nick
is there. FROM WHAT I KNOW, he also does it fairly cleanly, so you should avoid the kind of sanctions
you normally get when you are piling in the talent through other means. Power tried to defend FL as if
there was a duopoly going on with AL and FL, and I respect his opinion, I just don't agree with it.
What he wants there to be in FL is "lose half a team to the NFL, just reload, and do it all over again."
And this is the way it was supposed to be. If you watched that senior game last year, al the kids
were putting on the Gator hats. Urban HAS the kids. But let's face it, no matter how you spin it,
they got trounced by Bama. (twice) Bama is scary good NOW. No need to wait. Personally, I love it that
FL is exposed, and UGA is just lost. But that's what you expect with the SEC...fandom, homerism,
loyalty, rivalry. And what's more, I am not so sure that Nick won't stay awhile. LSU is hot, humid,
tough to be at. Bama is cool, comfortable, tough to be at, but EASY to be at if you win. I thought
he was trying to establish a dynasty at LSU. But it is a lot easier to believe he is trying to REALLY
do that at Bama. (Bear Jr.) The ONLY chink I see is that he is super-intelligent and well-spoken.
HE MAY try to get out of Bama and head to a place where the accent doesn't MAKE people sound
stupid. God love the Bayou and the Bama hills, but the rest of the country think we sound like hicks.
He may try to parlay that clout to a school where he doesn't want to PUNCH everyone who talks to him, lol.
-------------------
And don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash Michael. I just feel like there is something wrong going
on at UF for there NOT to be this reload, whammy. It is sad to watch, cause they are gonna get beat a few
ties this year and it's not gonna sit well. OK, NOW I am ready to bet you, Michael, lol. I done got myself
talked into it, roflol.

Last edited by OLS; 10-04-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #336
Powers

Bolivar

I see ur point, Brad. There is a cycle in college football and especially in the toughest conference in the nation. I don't think that Bama even under a Nick Saban will be immune to the relative low that Florida is in. But don't but too much stock in UF's loss at the hands of the Tide my friend

And as for the bet, I'm down for it but don't do it just cause of peer pressure. Momma always warned me against it
Old 10-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #337
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Mike, don't let Brad get in your head before our cornhole tournament. I need my partner to have all his wits about him.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #338
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Mike, don't let Brad get in your head before our cornhole tournament. I need my partner to have all his wits about him.

Have no fear sir. I even bought a cornhole set and have been practicing on it during Clemson tailgates
Old 10-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #339
OLS
Suck It

Peer pressure, hehe. I know there is a chance for a letdown at UA, but for some reason
I don't think it will happen while Saban is there. Not to cap on UF, but their letdown is
VERY strange, bizarre yet. I think Saban is too good a coach to allow a letdown.
No matter what bluechippers he gets, he uses them masterfully. I THINK that Urban
is not as good. I think he tends to require the perfect mix of players to have the best
outcome where I think Saban is much more of a 'make the best out of what you have' guy.
We'll see though, I am almost always wrong.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #340
Powers

Bolivar

Good article here on SI on the LSU - UT finish

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz11Qd5TJ2v